No I bought my iPad Air 2 64GB online and got it Wednesday but decided I wanted 128GB and LTE and went to the store for an exchange..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I guess some places do that but I've found that most in my area don't. And the OP got the same response from Apple in his location as they've said he would have to return it online for a fully new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Closingracer likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:35 PM
    I guess some places do that but I've found that most in my area don't. And the OP got the same response from Apple in his location as they've said he would have to return it online for a fully new one.

I went to the Apple Store in NYC. The one on Fifth avenue in Manhattan. The guy even let me keep the Lightning cable and charger from the returned unit

03-25-2015 10:37 PM
    I went to the Apple Store in NYC. The one on Fifth avenue in Manhattan. The guy even let me keep the Lightning cable and charger from the returned unit

Lol I guess I'll have to cross the border for my returns. I've gotten a macbook exchanged becsuse of a failed logic board and I didn't have the box or anything besides the computer (it was a simple genius appointment) and I couldn't keep any cables and not sure if they gave me the box.

Closingracer likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:39 PM
    Lol I guess I'll have to cross the border for my returns. I've gotten a macbook exchanged becsuse of a failed logic board and I didn't have the box or anything besides the computer (it was a simple genius appointment) and I couldn't keep any cables and not sure if they gave me the box.

Yeah the Apple employee was super nice about it but seems like it's a case by case basis. Tbh I didn't really care because I bought the 2 meter cable and a 12 watt charger I bought on Amazon but still nice I now have an extra charger specially how cheap Apple cables are. I remembered how poor they were with the iPhone 4 and iPods .

Either way I wouldn't be worried about refurbished units imo. Apple is the only ones who I'll accept one with no complainants .

Apple customer service is one of the reasons why I got an iPhone 6 plus after using Android for the past few years

03-25-2015 10:42 PM
29 12