My 60 days to add on Apple Care will end at the end of this month - and I've been conflicting at which side to go. I currently have carrier insurance right now and I mainly got it because it protected from lost & stolen - I haven't had either of those happen to me yet, but in this day and age, you never know. Seeing the price of AC and the replacement fee makes it really tempting. What do you guys think the best thing to do is? I need to decide soon before it's over.
    03-02-2015 12:17 PM
    AppleCare does not cover loss/theft where Carrier insurance does...
    03-02-2015 12:19 PM
    AppleCare does not cover loss/theft where Carrier insurance does...
    Yes, that's probably the reason why I opted for carrier insurance first.. but the replacement fee from AC+ and the quality of their parts and refurbs are looking appealing.. and it's also cheaper.
    03-02-2015 12:35 PM
    Get AppleCare+ in addition to your carrier insurance....
    LVMHgirl, qbnkelt and hydrogen3 like this.
    03-02-2015 02:24 PM
    I don't have either, but I would go witch Apple Care + if I did go one way. Free device replacement is a good deal for me, because I have more concerns with myself damaging the device compared to someone stealing it.
    03-02-2015 11:09 PM
    I personally prefer carrier insurance because my likelihood would be losing or having a device stolen.
    03-02-2015 11:12 PM
    Carrier insurance
    03-03-2015 01:28 AM
    They're gonna have to mug me to get my phone away from me LOL

It is insurance, money wasted if you don't need it but you'll be glad to have it if something ever comes up. I typically don't buy insurance, but Apple has some of the best product warranties in the tech industry. If something happens and you need it, AppleCare is a wonderful thing to have.
    03-03-2015 06:29 AM
    SquareTrade is also a decent option for damage protection.
    Bowlegz likes this.
    03-03-2015 06:46 AM
    Carrier insurance
    03-03-2015 06:55 AM
    One of the best software
    03-03-2015 07:35 AM
    They're gonna have to mug me to get my phone away from me LOL

It is insurance, money wasted if you don't need it but you'll be glad to have it if something ever comes up. I typically don't buy insurance, but Apple has some of the best product warranties in the tech industry. If something happens and you need it, AppleCare is a wonderful thing to have.
    I always used to buy insurance but never used it. When I got my iPhone 4 I cancelled it because I never used it. Unfortunately for me my iPhone 4 was stolen and I didn't have insurance. I always make sure I have insurance now, even for my iPads and macbook air because you never know.
    Haalcyon and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-03-2015 07:59 AM
    I got Apple Care+.

The likelihood of me leaving my device unattended anywhere is -75 on a scare of 1 to 100.

Conversely, the likelihood of me dropping my phone is somewhere around 99.57 probability.
    03-03-2015 12:24 PM
    I get Apple Care Plus. I never know if I'm going to keep a iPhone longer than a year.
    If I don't I just cancel it and get the prorated refund and put it towards the new AC+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 12:46 PM
    I got Apple Care+.

The likelihood of me leaving my device unattended anywhere is -75 on a scare of 1 to 100.

Conversely, the likelihood of me dropping my phone is somewhere around 99.57 probability.
    My iPhone was stolen when I was on a packed tube (subway). I was only on the train for 10 minutes and it was gone
    03-03-2015 03:56 PM
    I get the AppleCare Plus. Even thought this time I paid off my phone early and am eligible for an upgrade. Worse case scenario I have to get a new upgrade if my phone is stolen.
    03-03-2015 11:36 PM
    I get Apple Care Plus. I never know if I'm going to keep a iPhone longer than a year.
    If I don't I just cancel it and get the prorated refund and put it towards the new AC+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I do the same

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    03-04-2015 12:54 AM
    I got Apple Care+.

I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.
    03-04-2015 05:57 AM
    I'm the exact opposite of you. I've dropped 1 phone out of the 30+ devices over the last 5 years. However, I've had my purse attempt to be nabbed twice. With all the expensive electronics I have, my purse is a goldmine.

Definitely have to be able to cover loss/theft. My iPad only has Applecare + though. That's simply because it's my biggest device and I definitely use it near water.
    Oh that would FREAK me out. So far I haven't had any mugging or such thing. *knocks on wood*

I do tend to drive over my phones, drop them down cement Metro stairs, drop them in dog water bowls, drop them in medical offices, drop them on marble floors at Union Station.....I'm a wreck.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    03-04-2015 06:00 AM
    Oh that would FREAK me out. So far I haven't had any mugging or such thing. *knocks on wood*

I do tend to drive over my phones, drop them down cement Metro stairs, drop them in dog water bowls, drop them in medical offices, drop them on marble floors at Union Station.....I'm a wreck.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    I feel very lucky. Then again I'm absolutely surprised I haven't dropped my Note 3. Big phones are seriously awkward in my tiny hands. Even the iPhone 6 oddly feels very unstable in my hands too.

That's why my iPad has AC+. The biggest likelihood is this huge device will be awkwardly fumbled right into my bathtub while reading Cnet or something.

I don't take my iPad out of the house though. Got plenty of other devices that'll do for that.

You're probably a really active person right? Like you go a lot of places?
    03-04-2015 06:05 AM
    Oh...oh my. I have 5 phones and I keep the 4 that I'm not using in my backpack. Just the thought of that backpack being stolen seems devastating.
    03-04-2015 07:03 AM
    I would recommend both.
    will cotto likes this.
    03-04-2015 07:24 AM
    I feel very lucky. Then again I'm absolutely surprised I haven't dropped my Note 3. Big phones are seriously awkward in my tiny hands. Even the iPhone 6 oddly feels very unstable in my hands too.

That's why my iPad has AC+. The biggest likelihood is this huge device will be awkwardly fumbled right into my bathtub while reading Cnet or something.

I don't take my iPad out of the house though. Got plenty of other devices that'll do for that.

You're probably a really active person right? Like you go a lot of places?
    Yah I'm constantly out, not clubs and such. Never been a club person. But I love outdoors. I'm mostly out in the woods in the back of beyond or at the river. Or at the cabin in West Virginia. During the week I don't do much but work, home, rinse and repeat, and that's running in and out if the Metro and fighting the whole of humanity on the 270.

I keep my phone deep in my bag or in my pocket. I've got Kenyan sisal bags that I got addicted to during college in the 80s and I keep my wallet and phone deep at the bottom. The handles are long enough that I can wear it cross body so I'm not an attractive target. Except in winter when I can move as easily as the Michelin man.

But I drop EVERYTHING. I'm still mourning my sexy red SGIII. That screen shattered.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Q8well likes this.
    03-04-2015 08:03 AM
    This time around, I am just rocking my carrier insurance. It is the JUMP program through T-Mobile and I am grandfathered in so I can upgrade to a new device every 6 months. For me that alone is worth it.

I personally baby all of my devices. They always have a case on them. I rarely drop them. I am confident that I can take good care and not as need to use my insurance
    will cotto likes this.
    03-04-2015 08:18 AM

If someone else snatches your purse (or even tries) we'll have to come down there to Texas and make sure they receive some severely harsh justice.
    03-04-2015 09:16 AM
37 12