When Frequent Locations was first introduced with iOS 7, I immediately turned it off. It's been off ever since. I live in my hometown, with a total metro area population of around 75,000 people. I know my way around. In any event, do you have the "Frequent Locations" feature enabled? If so, why? And you might want to see this report from a local station here.

iPhone iSpy - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Your thoughts?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    02-11-2015 12:18 PM
    Your thoughts?
    Meh...
    Tartarus likes this.
    02-11-2015 12:19 PM
    I knew about the feature when it was introduced, and like you, I keep it disabled. Still, it's no different than giving your weather app access to your location. The right person with the wrong intentions can indeed find you...
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-11-2015 03:31 PM
    I think mine is enabled but I don't usually use it. My commute is basically the same every day.
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    02-11-2015 03:43 PM
    I think mine's disabled. I hardly ever commute outside of my normal route.
    02-11-2015 11:12 PM
    Being that I've moved to a different country, I turned it on but have yet not seen any benefit of doing so. In fact, I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread.
    02-11-2015 11:39 PM
    Being that I've moved to a different country, I turned it on but have yet not seen any benefit of doing so. In fact, I had forgotten all about it until I saw this thread.
    You might benefit from it then.

02-11-2015 11:59 PM
    I knew about the feature when it was introduced, and like you, I keep it disabled. Still, it's no different than giving your weather app access to your location. The right person with the wrong intentions can indeed find you...
    I disabled mine also when it first became a new feature...
    02-12-2015 03:30 PM
    I disabled mine when it came out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-12-2015 04:27 PM
    Turning it off was one of the battery saving tips right after iOS 7. That's why I turned it off.

02-12-2015 04:31 PM
    Give it time to learn your habits...
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    02-12-2015 04:33 PM
    When Frequent Locations was first introduced with iOS 7, I immediately turned it off. It's been off ever since. I live in my hometown, with a total metro area population of around 75,000 people. I know my way around. In any event, do you have the "Frequent Locations" feature enabled? If so, why? And you might want to see this report from a local station here.

iPhone iSpy - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Your thoughts?

I like to know how long it will take to drive home when I'm places I don't want to be and dream of beating the estimated time.
    02-12-2015 11:45 PM
    I have Frequent Locations turned on, I find no benefit in doing so..
    02-13-2015 07:44 AM
    Doesn't it inform you of traffic problems when it's activated? Where I live there is no traffic offered on Maps, so I keep it off.
    02-13-2015 08:05 AM
    Doesn't it inform you of traffic problems when it's activated? Where I live there is no traffic offered on Maps, so I keep it off.
    I don't think so. Apple says, "Frequent Locations: Your iPhone will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing."
    I may turn it on just to see what happens!

02-13-2015 09:35 AM
    I heard when it was first offered that it would inform you how long it takes to get to your destination. When there was heavy traffic, it would show in the notification center. This is all hearsay mind you, but many reported it was useful after a while. Might want to try it if you think it would help.
    02-13-2015 09:41 AM
    I heard when it was first offered that it would inform you how long it takes to get to your destination. When there was heavy traffic, it would show in the notification center. This is all hearsay mind you, but many reported it was useful after a while. Might want to try it if you think it would help.
    Yeah something like that. If I'm at home it tells me how long it will take to get to work and at work how long it will
    take to get home.
    wbeard385 likes this.
    02-13-2015 09:55 AM
    Yeah something like that. If I'm at home it tells me how long it will take to get to work and at work how long it will
    take to get home.
    That was cool for awhile but opted to save the juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-13-2015 01:07 PM
    take to get home.
    I can not get mine to work. It never tells me travel times.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    02-13-2015 01:09 PM
    If someone really wants to track your whereabouts - there are much easier ways to do it than via this iOS feature...
    02-13-2015 01:25 PM
    If someone really wants to track your whereabouts - there are much easier ways to do it than via this iOS feature...
    The report on this reminded me of the big Facebook Messenger scare.

02-13-2015 11:11 PM
    I have it on and it usually shows travel times to and from work in the Notification Center on my commute days. Traffic for me can be very unpredictable so I keep it on.
    02-28-2015 12:24 AM
    I've got it in and on.
    I've also got Google Now set to record travel history.

I WANT to be tracked. I hike out in the back of beyond. I WANT for there to be a record of where I've been in case I disappear. I also want this if, God forbid, some monster kidnaps me.

I ran out of tin foil hats a long long long time ago.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    melmurphy and sectionsix like this.
    02-28-2015 05:05 AM