When do you think The iPhone 5 will stop receiving iOS updates?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Just for my curiousity, when do you think Iphone 5 will last until it can't keep up with the new iOS ?
imho, currently iphone 5 has not a significant difference for the performance compare to 5c/5s and 6 (excluded the screen resolution and some small feature), and that makes iphone 5 now is the most reasonable iphone to purchase (either in performance or price, which unfortunately has already discontinued)

what do you think ?

Untitled.png

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: When do you think Iphone 5 will last ?

The iPhone 4 came out June 24, 2010, in the United States... and the last iOS update it got is 7.1.2 that came out last June... 4 years of iOS support...

The iPhone 5 came out September 21, 2012 in the US... expect it to go for at least 4 years of iOS support.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

It might even go one year longer because of rebranding the 5 internals into the 5c.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I'd wager that it will get up to iOS 10 before it won't receive any more iOS updates

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Finally, I get to touch the real iphone 6 ;)
The screen resolution is amazing clear, the body built is so think, but I don't like the material built. Hope apple will produce more handset alike with iphone 5/5s with full glass

ps: the price is very expensive ;(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Finally, I get to touch the real iphone 6 ;)
The screen resolution is amazing clear, the body built is so think, but I don't like the material built. Hope apple will produce more handset alike with iphone 5/5s with full glass

ps: the price is very expensive ;(

Dude, you created a thread in regard to the iPhone 5 and now you're switching gears to talk about the iPhone 6? Cmon man......Stay on topic.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think iOS 9 will be the last iteration to support on iPhone 5.

I am using iPhone 5 since Mar 2013 running iOS 8.1.3 and till today it's as good as day 1! I think iPhone 5 has been the best piece of hardware along with its aesthetics amongst the iPhone lineup!

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it will be a while since you can still purchase the iPhone 5. Imagine if you purchase it but there is no other update a year after you buy it... Now once they discontinue the line...maybe 2 years as that is how long many contacts last.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods