Since last Wednesday I am not able to send or receive SMS on my iPhone 6 Plus. It worked fine when I first got my phone on 11/19.

I've also tried sending them on my iPad and my Mac and I've made sure all devices are using the same Apple ID. I also tried resetting network settings.

I am on Sprint.

Any suggestions on what else to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-15-2014 11:46 PM
    Crazy same thing happened to me last Wednesday. I'm on Sprint.
    Try updating your PRL by dialing ##873283# and follow the prompts
    Then power down your phone completely then power back on.
    That worked for me. If not give Sprint a call.
    Reading this again I'm not sure if you mean regular green SMS or iMessage.

Stephanie Jackson3 likes this.
    12-16-2014 12:30 AM
    iMessages are coming through, but not SMS.

I've done the service update but still no luck.

Sending an e-mail to messaging.sprintpcs.com doesn't work, but sending to pm.sprint.com does work.

An interesting note, my work e-mail can send delivery confirmations and I got the confirmation that both e-mails (messaging and pm) were delivered, but I only got the pm in iMessages.

I guess I'll have to go to a Sprint facility to look at it.

I'm tempted to go back to using Google Voice/Hangouts which I used on my Galaxy S5, but de-activated when I knew I was getting my iPhone.
    12-16-2014 10:42 AM
    I was getting group messages which are MMS but not SMS. Once I powered off then back on I started getting SMS again. But give Sprint a call.

12-16-2014 11:09 AM
    Must be something with the Sprint network.

I went to the Sprint store and the lady did a hard reset on the phone and she was able to receive a test she sent from her phone to mine, but when I got it home, I couldn't send or receive SMS again.

What I ended up doing is re-connecting my phone number to Google Voice/Hangouts and I am now able to get and send SMS through the Hangouts app.

Definitely not what I'd prefer, but at least I can receive and respond to SMS.
    12-16-2014 09:05 PM
    I would take it to an Apple Store if you have one close by. Let them take a look at it. You shouldn't have to use a work around.

Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-16-2014 10:40 PM
    I'm not sure what changed, but last night I sent a test text "HELP" to 40404 (Twitter) on the Messages app on my iPhone and got the reply back on my Hangouts app.

So, before I went to bed I unlinked my number in Google Voice and this morning tried the same thing and got the reply in Messages.

So I think my problem is resolved.
    12-18-2014 07:05 AM