Android user question: How easy is it to use an iPhone without using iTunes or iCloud?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I love my Android phone, but I'm getting really bored with Android, so I'm looking to shake things up for myself. What I'm wondering is how easy is it to use an iPhone without using either iCloud or iTunes? I really have absolutely no interest in either. I'm already entrenched in Google for my backup needs, as well as email, music, etc. I have a Macbook Air that I use without bothering to use iCloud. I'm just wondering if it'll be just as easy to use an iPhone without either iTunes or iCloud as it is for me to do so with my Macbook Air.

Thanks.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well one thing is that if you use a iPhone you're going to want to back it up and its either iCloud or iTunes to back it up. You can't back it up to Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdeljr

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Thing that sucks for me coming from android is that you can't set custom ringtones without using iTunes. Other than that using all google apps (gmail, drive etc) without any problems.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Another concern I have is with the sharing of data between apps. I understand iOS has Share Extensions now. Are many developers making use of this now? The ability to easily share data between apps rather than going back and forth between apps and copying and pasting or whatever is important to me. Having to use iCloud or iTunes for backup is something I might be able to get over, but sharing data between apps is on the level of dealbreaker for me.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The only feature of iOS you will miss out on by not using iCloud or iTunes is the backups. Other than that, you can do everything else iOS has to offer.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711