iPhone 6 with case: screen cracked f from <2'

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
My wife's iPhone 6 screen completely shattered from a <2 feet drop. The phone was in a clear hard case. I just couldn't believe that it cracked with this mild drop. I witnessed the drop, it wasn't smashed to the floor. I do have T-Mobile JUMP which is sort of an insurance, but the deductible is $175. The screen is still working and responding to touch. Would Apple cover me or how much would it cost me if Apple was to fix it for me? What are my options?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advanceImageUploadedByTapatalk1418017862.865758.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Since it?s physical damage, it is not covered by the AppleCare (basic, default) warranty. If you purchased the AppleCare+, you can get up to 2 repairs within the 2 year coverage period for $79 each.

iPhone Screen Damage Repair - Apple Support

How much does iPhone screen repair cost?

Repair and replacement costs depend on your iPhone model and your AppleCare coverage.
When you request screen repair online or by phone, Apple will place an authorization on your credit card to cover the iPhone out-of-warranty cost. We?ll charge this amount if your iPhone has additional damage and is eligible for out-of-warranty service. If your iPhone has no damage other than the screen, we?ll charge the amount below. Learn more.
iPhone 6: $109
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $129
Plus a $6.95 shipping fee. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing applies only to screen repair by Apple. Accidental damage isn?t covered under the Apple One Year Limited Warranty.

docd62

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I would go to apple and have them replace it for $109 instead of paying 175. Also there would be no chance in voiding your warranty by apple doing it. Take about 30-60 minutes to get it done in store. I would go online and get an appointment as sometimes walk in take a long time to get seen if busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
With T-mobile Jump you're getting a brand new iPhone for $175 so if any internals got moved around or anything you won't have to worry about it. I used one of my claims recently and got a brand new iPhone sealed in box ($175).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 with case: screen cracked f from &lt;2'

Because that's what Apple charges. It's probably a more complex repair.

The iPhone 6 screens just pop up via suction cups and the 5S/5C needed to be unscrewed if I recall, so I can hardly see why it would be "a more complex repair" and it's obvious that's what apple charges.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 6 with case: screen cracked f from &lt;2'

I believe Apple charges $109 for the 6 and $129 for the Plus. Both are cheaper than the T-mobile jump option. I'd take it to Apple.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I had mine fall without a case a good 4-5 I guess how it lands mine landed and got nothing amazingly I think this is one chance thing and UGH it was me changing case

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for your input. I called the equipment protection plan, they didn't have iPhone 6 for fulfillment yet, so they told me to buy one from Apple/T-Mobile and they will reimburse the cost. It was my wife's space gray 128gb, but she originally wanted gold one but couldn't get it due to store not having it in stock. I purchased a gold 128gb and sent the receipt to the insurance, they sent me a check back. It's a little more expensive but she got her favorite color and a brand new phone. The insurance had me keep the charger and headphones which makes up for the difference :p

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The other responses are right. Apple would have replaced the screen for less than $175. And they actually replaced my cracked screen the other day with a brand new out of the box iPhone 6plus. My screen didn't look like yours, only 1 crack. It didn't cost me a dime and didn't use any of my AppleCare uses😃😃😃😃

dralex87

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend cracked her screen in 4 different places. Made an appointment at the Apple Store and they fixed it for free. No Apple care. No questions. Brand new screen for free.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
And people wonder why Apple customers are so loyal. Wow!

Exactly. I've given up trying to explain it. Let them call me an iSheep. It's the support I get that keeps me coming back.

Try getting this help with other companies.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Exactly. I've given up trying to explain it. Let them call me an iSheep. It's the support I get that keeps me coming back.

Try getting this help with other companies.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Amen to that I enjoy android as well but my daily driver will always be an iPhone because nothing rivals apple customer service. I will never buy another Motorola product because it took me a month and a half to get a refund for my nexus 6!

But the key to apple customer service is go to an apple store I hear so many people complain about iPhone issues because they are dealing with carrier stores I always advise people deal directly with apple if you can't get to a store by phone then.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73