iPhone 6 box poor packaging design

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been seeing over and over again, ever since the first guy opened his iPhone 6 box on national TV. That the phone is sitting on the very top of the box, and when you lift the top of the box up it pulls the phone up and the phone falls out. Happened to me too, but fortunately I opened the box on the bed and the phone fell on the bed. I wonder why Apple did not put phone at the bottom of the box and put the other contents above it so that does not happen?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is the design aspect of the iPhone. It is the first thing you see when you open the box rather than all the other junk and/or accessories. Do you see how the documentation is hidden from normal view.

This minimalist approach is now the industry standard. A lot of companies are doing this, I am not going to comment on who was the first but it pretty much seems to be the norm now.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It makes a statement - a statement that the phone is the "star" and not the packaging or the papers or the charger. Open the box, see the device.

It?s Apple's way.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Marketing techniques come and go. This one is tried, but not necessarily true. For me, it wouldn't make a bit of difference how they packaged it. I would still be like...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415139577.542661.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
If everything was perfect no one would have anything to complain about.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple's packaging is great! I haven't had a problem with anything falling out. As long as you aren't rushing to get it open, there isn't a problem. When you tear into the box like a kid on Christmas, problems may arise :)

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that kid who dropped his phone on television complained about the box design.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have opened many of Apple products and never had an issue. Their packaging keeps all us big kids happy. I would never read a manual or check out the accessories anyhow, just get me to the damn device and thats exactly what Apple does.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
5 iPhones all the variants. Never had one fall out of the box. I hold the box in one hand and slide the top off very easy. Been doing this way since the original iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I liked the way the 5c was packaged, it was situated in a very secure piece of plastic with a thick protector over the top. It was a clear container so you could easily see the beautiful vibrant color of the device contained within. Oh man, I still hope they don't nix the c line permanently...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner