iPhone 6 box poor packaging design

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I liked the way the 5c was packaged, it was situated in a very secure piece of plastic with a thick protector over the top. It was a clear container so you could easily see the beautiful vibrant color of the device contained within. Oh man, I still hope they don't nix the c line permanently...

I wonder if they'll put the 5s internals into a plastic shell next year... :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing over and over again, ever since the first guy opened his iPhone 6 box on national TV. That the phone is sitting on the very top of the box, and when you lift the top of the box up it pulls the phone up and the phone falls out. Happened to me too, but fortunately I opened the box on the bed and the phone fell on the bed. I wonder why Apple did not put phone at the bottom of the box and put the other contents above it so that does not happen?

I don’t even want to hear about this. If you’re not smart enough to open the box without dropping the phone on the pavement, you don’t deserve any kind of tech - especially not an iPhone. SMH

BTW, the packaging has not changed significantly since the original iPhone over 6 years ago. Figure it out or move on.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Why did I waste time to even click on this thread? This reminds of a time when I was buying a guitar... I was reading reviews on Amazon, and this one sorry excuse of a human left a scathing review... Because... The box had a picture of the guitar on it, and it had ruined the surprise when they gave it to their kid for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

dings1985

Banned
Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Apple phone is designed to go outside the box is reflected Introduction of technology, not too much modification, will be able to reflect the beauty of the product out, I think Apple's packaging box design is the first thing you want users see the product, bring a good visual experience.
After opening the phone packaging box when we must be careful, oh hey.

rafic5

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Apple phone is designed to go outside the box is reflected Introduction of technology, not too much modification, will be able to reflect the beauty of the product out, I think Apple's packaging box design is the first thing you want users see the product, bring a good visual experience.
After opening the phone packaging box when we must be careful, oh hey.

I agree

larssondaniel73

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I think packaging is a thing which is mostly used for protecting a product. So if packaging is not much attractive but it is enough tough to protect the product then, doesn't matter.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
This thread should win an award for the most pointless conversation ever had. How to open a box??? Come on really??? HAHAHAHAHA

mayawalz

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
i was actually dissappointed when i saw how plain the box was. unboxing is a ceremony in itself for me and that box just ruined it :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i was actually dissappointed when i saw how plain the box was. unboxing is a ceremony in itself for me and that box just ruined it :(

Were you not able to un-box your new iPhone? I'm not knocking you or anything. I'm just trying to understand the "unboxing is a ceremony" part oo rather how did the unboxing of the plain box differ from that of the box containing an image of the device?

mayawalz

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Were you not able to un-box your new iPhone? I'm not knocking you or anything. I'm just trying to understand the "unboxing is a ceremony" part oo rather how did the unboxing of the plain box differ from that of the box containing an image of the device?

its like the difference between getting a gift in shiny colourful wrapping, and getting one in brown paper

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was aware of how the box would look long before I received my iPhone 6 Plus, and I didn't care what the box looked like with the exception of it being damaged or something. Anyway, my source of excitement was in regard to what was inside the box, but that's Just Me, D....;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
its like the difference between getting a gift in shiny colourful wrapping, and getting one in brown paper

I've received gifts in brown paper and also unwrapped altogether, and I was so excited and thankful to have simply received them. Not once did I give a second thought to how they were wrapped or whether they were wrapped. My focus was on the items themselves. Still, I understand what you're saying.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Haters just gotta find a new reason to hate.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen