10-30-2014 11:28 PM
    Looks like a complete clickbait article. I wouldn't buy into it, looks to be total garbage.

Plus, a major news source would've already brought attention to this if it was legitimate.
    A895, doitlarge and nikkisharif like this.
    10-30-2014 11:31 PM
    Read it on the Internet so it seems legit.
    tuffy100 and Les74 like this.
    10-31-2014 01:23 AM
    It’s pure BS. There is no recall. There has never been a recall of an iPhone.
    10-31-2014 01:27 AM
    Read it on the Internet so it seems legit.
    They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

10-31-2014 01:29 AM
    Yeah, it was a completely sarcastic comment...
    10-31-2014 01:30 AM
    I figured...just wanted to throw it out there.

Posted via the iMore App
    10-31-2014 09:01 AM
    Well anyone want to bet how quickly the rabid anti apple trolls begin quoting this article?????

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    A895 likes this.
    10-31-2014 10:02 AM
    Well anyone want to bet how quickly the rabid anti apple trolls begin quoting this article?????

honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet..article was posted 4 days ago...must be a record or they know its bogus

Posted via the iMore App
    10-31-2014 10:07 AM
    Its pure BS. There is no recall. There has never been a recall of an iPhone.
    Hahaha.

You're joking right?

Here is the official recall posted on Apple's website.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

And here is the recall for the Sleep/Wake button iPhone 5

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/
    Last edited by chupacabra; 11-01-2014 at 05:14 AM.
    11-01-2014 04:54 AM
    Seems legit coming from a source with images of Ted Cruz & Sarah Palin book casing it's banner LOL ...
    iPhone 6 Recall?!?!?-screen-shot-2014-11-01-6.58.13-am.png
    Les74 and the_tech_eater like this.
    11-01-2014 10:04 AM
    Seems legit coming from a source with images of Ted Cruz & Sarah Palin book casing it's banner LOL ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 6.58.13 AM.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	70204
    Two of the biggest buffoons on the planet. Makes sense...
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:08 AM
    Doesn't seem to be a big deal even if it's true... Cool your coconuts...
    11-01-2014 10:10 AM
    I guess we will know if this is real next week, from the article:

Company Officials are expected to formally announce the recall and its provisions sometime in the first week of November.
    11-01-2014 10:23 AM
    Hahaha.

You're joking right?

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...20a9ff7bd1.jpg

Here is the official recall posted on Apple's website.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

And here is the recall for the Sleep/Wake button iPhone 5

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-sleepwakebutton/
    Neither of those is a recall. A recall would require that a notice be sent to all iPhone 5 users telling them to bring their device in for repair/replacement. Apple is simply stating that there may be issues with these items on select devices with serial numbers in a specific range. This is nothing more than Apple standing behind their warranty and supporting their devices. Same as the manufacturer warranty. IF you have an issue, Apple will work to resolve it.

I’m sure you’ll disagree with this post, and keep trolling. Do what you have to do. Just be honest about who you are and what your motives are.
    Les74 likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:46 AM
    Neither of those is a recall. A recall would require that a notice be sent to all iPhone 5 users telling them to bring their device in for repair/replacement. Apple is simply stating that there may be issues with these items on select devices with serial numbers in a specific range. This is nothing more than Apple standing behind their warranty and supporting their devices. Same as the manufacturer warranty. IF you have an issue, Apple will work to resolve it.

Im sure youll disagree with this post, and keep trolling. Do what you have to do. Just be honest about who you are and what your motives are.
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤ 💋

11-01-2014 11:23 AM
    There is a recall. You need to disable activation lock, wipe your device and send them to me for disposal. PM me for the shipping address

the_tech_eater, CDG and pr1nce like this.
    11-01-2014 11:57 AM
    Here we go. It must be true..it's on the Internet.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    11-01-2014 12:00 PM

I’m sure you’ll disagree with this post, and keep trolling. Do what you have to do. Just be honest about who you are and what your motives are.
    In all fairness, you're not really making rational arguments. Before a first recall, there was always a situation where there was never a recall. Saying there has never been a recall has NOTHING to do with whether or not there will be one now.

The devices they are calling back for repair are nearly two years old. The warranty no longer exists. How are they honoring a warranty that doesn't exist?

You're creating a very specific definition for recall in an attempt to make a point. The thing is, it's not a point that anyone else cares about. Personally, I'd prefer a company recall devices if unexpected problems arose. They are a part of aggressive design and I'd rather the issues be resolved.

I do disagree with our posts. I'm an Apple user. My only motive is to convince you to make sound arguments when you represent Apple users so outsiders don't view us as ostriches putting our heads in the sand.
    11-01-2014 12:41 PM
    It’s pure BS. There is no recall. There has never been a recall of an iPhone.
    I maybe would have argued the 4 could have or should have been. Unless people still believe attend gate was made up.
    11-01-2014 05:52 PM

Im sure youll disagree with this post, and keep trolling. Do what you have to do. Just be honest about who you are and what your motives are.
    Haha.. And that's exactly what they did.

Let me teach you something. When a company offers to fix something for free that is no longer in warranty that is called a RECALL.

How is the iPhone 5 still under warranty in 2014?

The only way they will fix the battery and button issue until 2015 is to, eherrmm, RECALL!

The iPhone 5 can't be repaired for free, it has no warranty and Apple can't honor something that doesn't exist. It has to be recalled.

The only person being dishonest here is you.

You're saying Apple is standing behind their warranty, when everyone reading this knows the iPhone 5 no longer has a warranty.

You were wrong. Apple did recall the iPhone 5. Otherwise they can't fix it for free since it no longer has a warranty.

Apple has recalled products forever. Nothing new about it.

For you to say they have never recalled an iPhone is ludicrous.

Now you're going to say "it's not a recall, it is a Battery Replacement Program" ahahahahaha
    Last edited by chupacabra; 11-01-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    11-01-2014 07:16 PM
    I maybe would have argued the 4 could have or should have been. Unless people still believe attend gate was made up.
    Well the iPhone 5 was recalled because of a component failure. Apple has also issued RECALLS, for their MacBook just like they did with the iPhone 5.

The iPhone 4 had the antenna issue and the home button issue. Not only would your signal die in areas where the signal wasn't 100% but everyone I know that had an iPhone 4 ended up with a broken home button. Mine was about 7 months old when the button went bad.

That wasn't a recall because those parts weren't defective they were just designed badly.

What they did was fix the problems for the iPhone 4s. They changed the button housing and they changed the antenna. My iPhone 4s is now 3 years and going with no button issues.
    Last edited by chupacabra; 11-01-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    11-01-2014 07:27 PM
    Well the iPhone 5 was recalled because of a component failure. Apple has also issued RECALLS, for their MacBook just like they did with the iPhone 5.

The iPhone 4 had the antenna issue and the home button issue. Not only would your signal die in areas where the signal wasn't 100% but everyone I know that had an iPhone 4 ended up with a broken home button. Mine was about 7 months old when the button went bad.

That wasn't a recall because those parts weren't defective they were just designed badly.

What they did was fix the problems for the iPhone 4s. They changed the button housing and they changed the antenna. My iPhone 4s is now 3 years and going with no button issues.
    My home button still worked on my iPhone 4 that I just traded in on Friday. I had it since launch, though I hadn't used it for the last 2.5 years.
    11-02-2014 03:23 AM