everyone is "TO SERIOUS" with phones

Matt Tully

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. We've recently become an "all Apple" family; iMac, iPads, iPhones, AppleTV, and the seamless connectivity of the devices is stellar.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I would say that my opinion on why people are "too serious" about their smartphones is because it becomes a huge investment for us. Not just financially but emotionally as well. For me, my smartphone keeps me connected to everyone. It is the one device that I use more than any other on a daily basis. It captures precious moments, keeps me productive throughout the day, and is my main source of entertainment. It helps me find my way from point A to B. And I have access to so much information with it. So I truly learn from it all the time. So when you rely on a device as much as I do and some of the others on this forum do, you develop protective feelings about it. So when someone comes along and bashes the device that is such an integral part of our lives, it does sting a bit. As far as people persuading others to also believe that the phone that they own is the best is a little self-serving. It benefits me and others if we all used the same smartphone. Especially with iPhone users. That means you can use iMessage, and FaceTime. You have access to the same apps. And there is a sense of connectedness. So I would see how we would want others to think that out smartphone choice is the best and want to convince them to use the same device.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
It's nice when we can have a pleasant discussion and disagree with each other without being disagreeable.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My phone's best! Your phone sucks! You suck! I'm a genius because of my superior phone picking skills! You're stupid for picking your phone! A curse upon you and your entire family!

Sound about right? Lol

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I do sort of stick up for Apple and the iPhone when I hear people bashing them. I do jokingly try to convince them to switch to iOS, and they tell me to switch to Android. I do have some debates with people about which is best, but most people I argue with have no clue about their phones lol. They just say "Samsung/Android/Google is better!" Then I ask why and they have no reasons. I don't mind debates with Android vs. iOS, and usually we agree to disagree.

Like someone else said though, the phone we choose is an extremely important device and we do, in a way, develop feelings for it and tend to stick up for our choice. It does sound weird, but I (and I'm sure many members on iMore and other Mobile Nations sites) do it all the time 😀

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I think that not only do some people become attached to their phones, they see their phone as an extension of themselves and the choices they make. When you bash their phone, it's as if you are bashing them. I sometimes wish I didn't have the need for a smart phone and the connection it provides to the world but to me Android/iOS...it all functions great and does what it needs to do.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
After owning a bunch of phones and enjoying the banter about said phones, all I have learned is that the best phone ever is whatever I'm using at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After owning a bunch of phones and enjoying the banter about said phones, all I have learned is that the best phone ever is whatever I'm using at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
That's what we've all learnt. And we're all in disagreement. It is an odd phenomenon. One for the shrinks to decipher. The only other thing I've seen this with is the pickup truck feud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73