everyone is "TO SERIOUS" with phones

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
as the years of phones are evolving, everyone is getting to serious about their phones. just like everything else in the world (clothes, shoes, food etc.) everyone have their different taste and like different thing that is why there is different companies making different phones and different operating system. for me personally i have switched from different phones from time as well. right now for me the device i am most comfortable using is apple iphone device. not that i am saying that android or any other device are bad phones cause i dont think they are just not for me to be using. i usually dont care what people think but sometimes it just gets annoying for me to hear useless stuff from peoples mouths all over a phone. over the years i hear oh iphone so small they need to make bigger phones like andriods blah blah blah and when showing ppl my iphone 6 some reactions i guess is eww they make it look like samsung now. what is this? is the human nature never happy with what they have? i always hear these phone companies back and forth bashing and trying to up their game and say their phone is better then whatever. but i think the point is whatever ppl like and they want to get it let them use it. if everyone had the same best phones then there will be no comparison and everyone would have the same thing which will be even more boring. all phones are similar with their own touch so stop caring about what phone other ppl have and just worry about the phone that you would want to be using the next year or so

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It's all banter... IMO. I don't think it's as serious as it's assumed to be, we enjoy our phones... we want everyone to know that and if anyone disagrees then we will call them out on it. It's as if someone has a favorite team and if anyone criticize them about that particular team they will defend why there team is good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What gets people here at iMore fired up is not the fact that a lot of people prefer other devices to the iPhone or the fact that the specs of other devices are arguably better than that of the iPhone. What upsets us is people not respecting the fact that those of us who prefer the iPhone are content with it. They despise how we are not all up in arms because it doesn't have certain features that other devices have that, in their minds, should be demanded by us. Since we don't demand it or even care about it, we're mere lemmings, puppets, and have been brainwashed, have drunk the Apple kool-aid and call us all sorts of unflattering things. We consistently advise people to get the device that suits them the best, whether it's the iPhone or not. We consistently tell people that the iPhone is not for everyone. We consistently advise people, based on their criteria, to stick with a non-Apple smartphone. Yet, somehow, we're called biased fanboys and girls. Unbelievable...:)

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I probably hate more than anything else is the constant bashing of Apple by its competitors. Your device should sell based on its merits. Instead they label us apple fans as pure sheep that follow Apple blindly.

In fact, I have tried other devices and I keep coming back. Why? I love Apple and the quality of their products. It's funny that I respect others choices and yet that same respect doesn't seem to be returned. I guess in the end, I don't care what others think - I am happy with my phone and that's all that matters.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I hate to be THAT guy, but it's "?TOO SERIOUS".

I hate to be called names such as iSheep or blind follower simply because of my phone. Yes, I know what other phones can do, but I don't care.

It's just a phone. I don't want to be flashing modules (android) or worry about why an app hasn't updated (windows phone).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's all banter... IMO. I don't think it's as serious as it's assumed to be, we enjoy our phones... we want everyone to know that and if anyone disagrees then we will call them out on it. It's as if someone has a favorite team and if anyone criticize them about that particular team they will defend why there team is good.

Hopefully a lot of it could be classified as "banter", but we’re a long way from all of it being so. There are true haters out there, and trolls and other ne'er-do-wells looking to stir up stuff.

Fortunately, those who are truly haters get themselves flagged as such pretty quickly.

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
For me it's all about the Mac and then all the other Apple products fall in line in terms of usability. The Mac, now more than ever, is such a great user experience.

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, of course there are trolls out there that looks to stir the pot.. those are the exception. But majority of it all is healthy sport. We all value competition.. we all measure and critic each specific feature that a phone provides... I enjoy debating among Android & iPhone folk, it helps to find out why that platform appeal to that individual.

It's mainly the trolls who tend to push the debate between platforms to extreme levels and those few trolls can be extremely loud!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, of course there are trolls out there that looks to stir the pot.. those are the exception. But majority of it all is healthy sport. We all value competition.. we all measure and critic each specific feature that a phone provides... I enjoy debating among Android & iPhone folk, it helps to find out why that platform appeal to that individual.

It's mainly the trolls who tend to push the debate between platforms to extreme levels and those few trolls can be extremely loud!

To a degree, you're right. However, some of us simply don't care. I'm no longer that 20 something kid trying to impress and be all that I'm not. I've had a mobile phone since 1989. That's 25 years! I've had the brick phone, the bag phone, the Motorola Star-Tac, the Palm Treo, numerous Blackberry devices, Nextel, Android, iPhones, to name a few. With that in mind, I don't care what phone you decide to get nor do I care if anyone likes the device I opt to get. I don't care if your phone can do certain things that mine can't. I simply do not care! What I do care about is enjoying the product I chose to buy and helping you enjoy the one you opted to buy.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully a lot of it could be classified as "banter", but we’re a long way from all of it being so. There are true haters out there, and trolls and other ne'er-do-wells looking to stir up stuff.

Fortunately, those who are truly haters get themselves flagged as such pretty quickly.

Sadly, negative leaders become entrenched quickly and can create a very toxic environment very quickly. I've seen it happen and it's truly sad. Before you know it, a site is unrecognisable.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
An old friend once told me the iPhone just works. It took me awhile, with obvious frustrations. But over the past year, I learned it just works... For me.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully a lot of it could be classified as "banter", but we?re a long way from all of it being so. There are true haters out there, and trolls and other ne'er-do-wells looking to stir up stuff.

Have you ever seen some of the comments on the iMore blogs? Whole new definition of insanity.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I enjoy my apple devices and prefer them. Why? Because I like to surf the web, play a few games here and there, keep notes, check up on Facebook, and play some music. Would the top of the line Android device do this better? No, I don't feel that it would. Would it do it backed up by a quad core super processor with a better resolution screen and more RAM, etc.....yes i guess so. Would it have more options as to how to keep notes and browse the web? Probably. Do I feel that it would make the experience any better for me ? Doubtful. Would it make it more complicated ? Yes I believe so. That is why I prefer Apple devices and how they are made up, at the moment. Maybe things will change, who knows !

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
To a degree, you're right. However, some of us simply don't care. I'm no longer that 20 something kid trying to impress and be all that I'm not. I've had a mobile phone since 1989. That's 25 years! I've had the brick phone, the bag phone, the Motorola Star-Tac, the Palm Treo, numerous Blackberry devices, Nextel, Android, iPhones, to name a few. With that in mind, I don't care what phone you decide to get nor do I care if anyone likes the device I opt to get. I don't care if your phone can do certain things that mine can't. I simply do not care! What I do care about is enjoying the product I chose to buy and helping you enjoy the one you opted to buy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Andrew725

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Whenever someone says that my 6 Plus looks huge on my ear, I just shrug my shoulders now, I'm so over that argument/insult. I'm way beyond something as trivial as vanity when it comes to purchasing a $1000 smartphone that's supposed to enhance my daily routine and make it more productive and enjoyable, first and foremost.

Too many people treat their smartphones like fashion accessories nowadays. Whatever.

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I honestly believe so. Every time I turn my head someone is comparing everybody else's device and it's annoying. I support both operating systems and own products on both sides but can't get enough commentary from either side.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh