iPhone 6 And 6 Plus Bend Test - Consumer Reports News

well that settles it in my book. I hope the same press that spread word of this nonsense for click bait will share this too.

kataran, taz323, EmceeGeek and 2 others like this.
    09-27-2014 05:22 AM
    We agree here on iMore
    taz323 likes this.
    09-27-2014 07:52 AM

well that settles it in my book. I hope the same press that spread word of this nonsense for click bait will share this too.

Yeah sadly I don't think we'll see the positive news spread with the same vigor
    09-27-2014 07:58 AM
    Yeah sadly I don't think we'll see the positive news spread with the same vigor
    Of course not. It would mean certain tech bloggers would have to admit they were lying out their wazoo apertures...
    09-27-2014 09:51 AM

It didn’t take Consumer Reports to convince me that this whole "bend-ghazi" thin was blown way out of proportion. The infinitesimal number of events compared to the number of devices sold made that clear.

Meh. Moving along, nothing to see here.
    09-27-2014 10:49 AM
    [Moves Along]!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-27-2014 02:13 PM
    Then here we go with this....

This has people minds blown. They will ignore consumer reports.
    09-27-2014 02:31 PM
    Friend of mine came by and mentioned the bendgate he rocks a Lumia and I told him to let me video bending his phone and he wimped out

Told him don't believe everything you read and he agreed
    nikkisharif, EmceeGeek and Les74 like this.
    09-27-2014 05:11 PM
    Of course not. It would mean certain tech bloggers would have to admit they were lying out their wazoo apertures...
    Wazoo Apertures...I like that.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    09-28-2014 12:09 AM
    Then here we go with this....

This has people minds blown. They will ignore consumer reports.
    You could bend one like that if you put enough pressure. Also a Note 3, an LG G3 and so on. I could bend in the hood of my car. But who wants to do that?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-28-2014 12:50 AM
    To the Unbox Therapy guy....congratulations on showing everyone that a phone will bend in a circumstance only an ***** would think of, I.e. doing it on purpose. And to think this clown made money off of YouTube views for that video. It's sad.
    09-28-2014 07:58 PM
    My thoughts on this are that yes, a phone COULD be made to withstand bending a little more than it seems the iPhone 6+ can. However, as Led said, there are many things in our lives that we could break fairly easily if we tried, that we choose to not break or try to break because we don't want them broken ! Such as : our computers, our cars, windows, doors, tires.....if these things, which are basically even more important for our well being, are not made to withstand much more force, then why must a smartphone be ?
    09-28-2014 08:12 PM
    Apple will always be more open to criticism since it has the largest total market share of any smartphone manufacturer in the US.
    I am not saying the criticism is completely unjustified, but it is magnified because it is Apple.
    09-29-2014 06:31 PM
    Just wanted to add I still think Consumer Reports is a waste of time. These people have shown consistently year after year that they don't have a clue when it comes to smartphones. I can understand them wanting to jump in on this as they're desperate for views. Whether you're concerned about bending or think it's a nonissue, their tests mean about as much as that the guy bending the iphone in the youtube video.
    09-30-2014 12:14 AM
    I am actually constantly thinking about not bending my phone. I pulled it out of the case and looked at it a couple weeks ago and noticed the phone was bent a little on the side right by the volume rockers. I was able to bend it back. It is straight now but there is the tiniest indention where it was bent. I hope I don't break my sweet ip6+. Would Apple care cover a bend that broke the phone?
    01-08-2015 10:58 PM
    Thanks for sharing.
    01-11-2015 12:24 AM
    Okay, so technically tougher than we thought but still definitely more fragile than the 5/5s. That's probably the big concern. However people need to realize that they've got bigger screens. Thus to keep the device from being too heavy, they've stretched it out. I think that people just need to realize these are pocket computers. Would you sit on your laptop? Would you put it in a tight pocket? Would you drop it?

And 150Lbs for the Note 3?!? Technically I could sit on it?!? Woah.
    01-11-2015 12:22 PM
    When I finally get my big 'un, I'll be protecting it in any way I can. I'm not too sure about a man bag though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-11-2015 03:51 PM
    Well, let the games begin...(laughing)

04-03-2015 09:42 AM