Which iPhone 6 would better suit my needs?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
so right now I have a 6 plus on order, but after some reviews and this whole bending controversy, I'm considering canceling it and ordering the 6.

I mostly use my phone for video watching, gaming, browsing, texting, and audio listening. I figured the plus and its bigger screen might have been better for that. But the 6 seems like a good size also.

What do you guys think?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I carry mine in my front pocket everyday since I got it and have no concern at all that I would be able to bend this phone in my front pocket. I'm 6 foot 3 and 230 Lbs.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Haven't you already placed an order for the 6, canceled it, then ordered the 6Plus, and now you're thinking of canceling again?
How in the world do you ever decide what to eat for breakfast? Or what clothes to put on in the morning? As much as I love my iPhone, it is just a phone. Pick one and be done with it. It's not the end of the world even if you make the "wrong" choice.

Yeah, I know. I'm just a indecisive person I guess and want to avoid making the wrong choice

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
This is a question only you can answer for yourself based on your personal needs. They both have the a8, and both are so similar that one really doesn't have the lead on the other. If you enjoy movies, taking photos and editing photos the plus might be better for you as it has the auto stabilization, and the 1080p screen. If your more the power driver on the fly guy texting his day away then the 6 might be more your style. Don't make a choice based on what other people think cause everyone has different needs.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Some people aren't suited for phone ownership during the first month that it's out. :p

I like the 6, as I keep my phone in my hip pocket. If I wore a suit each day with a good inside jacket pocket, then the 6 Plus might make more sense for me, but I don't.

These are the sorts of factors that guide phone choice.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
so right now I have a 6 plus on order, but after some reviews and this whole bending controversy, I'm considering canceling it and ordering the 6.

I mostly use my phone for video watching, gaming, browsing, texting, and audio listening. I figured the plus and its bigger screen might have been better for that. But the 6 seems like a good size also.

What do you guys think?

Get the 6+ if you don't like it return it for a 6 if you don't like the 6 return it for a 6+ slide to the left then repeat.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ravensword, order both, try them both at home, unhurried and without anyone around to mess with your head with their opinions and then decide. Any of us here could tell you why each of us think one is better than the other but you're the only one who can make that decision.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I decided I'm actually going to just get the 6 and cancel the plus. I thought is like the bigger screen for video and gaming and while the big screen would make those better the fact of the matter is I still have to put this thing in my front pocket. Which could prove uncomfortable. Maybe my next upgrade I'll check out the large sized iPhone again, but for now the 6 is a good step up I think. Hopefully art resets my upgrade soon.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So I decided I'm actually going to just get the 6 and cancel the plus. I thought is like the bigger screen for video and gaming and while the big screen would make those better the fact of the matter is I still have to put this thing in my front pocket. Which could prove uncomfortable. Maybe my next upgrade I'll check out the large sized iPhone again, but for now the 6 is a good step up I think. Hopefully art resets my upgrade soon.

Are you absolutely, positively sure?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you absolutely, positively sure?

Yeah, I'm sure. While the 6 isn't a huge upgrade in screen size, I think it's a good one. I'm just not ready to get on the pjs let train just yet. Maybe one day I will, but I'm more comfortable going to 4.7.

Again, hoping the upgrade gets freed up soon. Last time it was 20 minutes to reset. But this time it's not that quick it seems.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I say a week tops.

You guys are mean :(

Lol. Jk. But I do think this will be the better choice for me. My original gut reaction since using the two was going for the 6. But listened to some tech people and then switched it to the plus. I just should have went with my first guy reaction.

Hopefully at dosent hold my upgrade for ransom like last time

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hope you didn't switch cuz of me. I did call apple 9 times about bent phones but I was just kidding.

No. I wasn't even aware you did that. My main worry was if it'll be under too much pressure in my jeans front pocket (they fit rather snug on me)

Maybe I'll keep the order and just see how I like it. I do want that extra battery and the big screen will be good for games and movies. But perhaps the 4.7 screen will be good at those things as well. .

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
This bending deal is way overblown. It only happened to a handful of people. Just take care of it and you will be fine. :)

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site

I had this same inner struggle :) in the end, they are both awesome phones with a long list of things that make them "perfect for you". My advice? After you get the 6, stay away from tech blogs and review sites for a month and make up your own mind. It's easy to forget that reviews and articles are just a single persons opinion, not gospel.

Good luck!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I love the 6. I have no use for the beefed up specs of the 6 plus, and I cannot for the life of me, see myself trying to shove something the size of a French door in my pocket. Not happening.