The correct way to charge your iPhone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
whatever you do, don't microwave it.

There is actually a hoax going around that apple has a new feature called Wave that will allow a quick recharge in the microwave.

How Not To Charge Your iPhone: Users Fall For 'Apple Wave' Microwave Prank

Yeah I read this it's a shame but people need to prank

THIS IS ONLY A PRANK!!!!!!!!
43def230e68358a237bd86459c818e0f.jpg

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
There is no right or wrong way to charge the iPhone that I could find either. Have been using the iPhones since 2007.

One recommendation from all old schoolers is that you should have at least one full cycle once a month to condition your battery.

I have never had battery issues with the phones. Again, that could also be that I don't use my iPhones for more than a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Cellphone batteries have come a long way and in most cases you loose interest in the device long before you have any battery issues so babying your battery is not necessary

Moodyz

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Did a full discharge about a week into my iPhone 6 ownership. Drained it till dead and let it rest a bit. Then charged to full and a bit more, took it off the charger and reset the phone (Home + Power button for 10sec). Only reason I did this was because my battery gauge was wonky before that - it would stay at a certain level for a long time and suddenly drop maybe 5% just like that. The battery life seemed fine enough, just the readings were a bit skitzo.

Haven't had the issue since I performed the above-stated procedure, though sometimes it does seem to drop 2% instead on 1%. No biggie.

Other than that, I just charge whenever I need to. I get home from work/play with about 30% - 40% usually. Put it on the charging dock and go do homely stuff for a few hours. Take it off the charger before bed. Done.

Last edited:

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I do this as well. However I have read that your phone/device only has so many full charging cycles. Eventually the battery charge will no longer give a full charge but I don't think I'm there yet.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I do this as well. However I have read that your phone/device only has so many full charging cycles. Eventually the battery charge will no longer give a full charge but I don't think I'm there yet.

I think by the time most people's batteries are to the state where they won't have a charge, most will have upgraded long before the battery has problems :)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
But using a higher amperage charger will shorten the battery life. If you upgrade each year or two, that may not matter.

I didn't think that was an issue as long as you're using an official apple charger? I don't know much though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
But using a higher amperage charger will shorten the battery life. If you upgrade each year or two, that may not matter.

That's wrong.  chargers are designed to be inter-compatible with all devices. There are safeguards installed in the chargers and in the devices to prevent malfunctions to them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I hear you, I do. But I don't take the word of tech news over apples official statement. I haven't been able to find the official support page yet, but there is no risk in the long haul

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh