I came across this thread which seems pretty sensible. Interestingly enough, the op actually comments on Apple's recommended monthly full-discharge.

After reading through this thread, I think I'm going to take this advice and run with it: Getting the longest life out of your iPhone battery. : iphone
    09-23-2014 06:56 PM
    Did a full discharge about a week into my iPhone 6 ownership. Drained it till dead and let it rest a bit. Then charged to full and a bit more, took it off the charger and reset the phone (Home + Power button for 10sec). Only reason I did this was because my battery gauge was wonky before that - it would stay at a certain level for a long time and suddenly drop maybe 5% just like that. The battery life seemed fine enough, just the readings were a bit skitzo.

Haven't had the issue since I performed the above-stated procedure, though sometimes it does seem to drop 2% instead on 1%. No biggie.

Other than that, I just charge whenever I need to. I get home from work/play with about 30% - 40% usually. Put it on the charging dock and go do homely stuff for a few hours. Take it off the charger before bed. Done.
    Last edited by Moodyz; 02-21-2015 at 01:54 AM.
    02-21-2015 01:15 AM
    When I'm sleeping. Always start day at 100% and usually end in 30's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-21-2015 11:56 AM
    I do this as well. However I have read that your phone/device only has so many full charging cycles. Eventually the battery charge will no longer give a full charge but I don't think I'm there yet.
    02-27-2015 01:22 PM
    I do this as well. However I have read that your phone/device only has so many full charging cycles. Eventually the battery charge will no longer give a full charge but I don't think I'm there yet.
    I think by the time most people's batteries are to the state where they won't have a charge, most will have upgraded long before the battery has problems
    02-27-2015 10:39 PM
    Some people can't take their chargers to work and have it charging all day. What if your on a construction site for example?
    07-26-2015 09:13 AM
    Some people can't take their chargers to work and have it charging all day. What if your on a construction site for example?

If you're on a construction site and you don't have a charger just put your phone on airplane mode while you're not using it. That saves battery.
    07-26-2015 09:14 AM
    Step 1: connect the phone to the charger when the battery is low.

Step 2: that's it!!
    Funny answer, lol
    Hansana likes this.
    07-26-2015 12:12 PM
    There are external batteries for those people
    07-26-2015 12:23 PM
    Absolutely. I use my iPad charger all the time.
    An iPad charger charges your iPhone quicker than an iPhone charger
    09-08-2015 04:30 PM
    An iPad charger charges your iPhone quicker than an iPhone charger
    But using a higher amperage charger will shorten the battery life. If you upgrade each year or two, that may not matter.
    09-08-2015 05:21 PM
    But using a higher amperage charger will shorten the battery life. If you upgrade each year or two, that may not matter.
    I didn't think that was an issue as long as you're using an official apple charger? I don't know much though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 07:13 PM
    That's wrong.  chargers are designed to be inter-compatible with all devices. There are safeguards installed in the chargers and in the devices to prevent malfunctions to them.
    09-08-2015 08:37 PM
    That's wrong.  chargers are designed to be inter-compatible with all devices. There are safeguards installed in the chargers and in the devices to prevent malfunctions to them.
    Even  says so in official support pages.
    09-08-2015 08:38 PM
    Even  says so in official support pages.
    I didn't say it couldn't be done. I said it may do harm to battery life over the long haul. More amperage creates more heat. Heat is not good. If you plan on using your phone for 3 years, I would avoid the iPad chargers with 2.1 A. Two years won't matter.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/eliseack...e-6-or-6-plus/

https://gigaom.com/2014/09/23/how-to...phone-quicker/
    09-08-2015 09:34 PM
    I hear you, I do. But I don't take the word of tech news over apples official statement. I haven't been able to find the official support page yet, but there is no risk in the long haul
    09-08-2015 09:42 PM
    I hear you, I do. But I don't take the word of tech news over apples official statement. I haven't been able to find the official support page yet, but there is no risk in the long haul
    This?
    http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD...apter?fnode=3c

It won't damage the phone. It will put a strain on the battery over time like playing intense games will. It's not a big deal.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-08-2015 09:57 PM
    A few more articles from Apple on the subject:

Apple - Batteries - Why Lithium-ion?

Apple - Batteries - Maximizing Performance
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-08-2015 10:11 PM
    This?
    http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD...apter?fnode=3c

It won't damage the phone. It will put a strain on the battery over time like playing intense games will. It's not a big deal.
    I agree with you. That's why it's better to trickle charge even a car battery or any type of vehicle. They say the slower the better. I've had a battery tender on my motorcycles for years and always get 5 to 6 years out of the batteries.

09-08-2015 10:36 PM
    Ya know, I've found of late that my 6 charges plenty fast with just the standard 1A charger included with it and doesn't warm up while charging.

09-19-2015 12:28 PM
45 12