Turns out most people want the 6, not the 6+

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it comes down to what are you going to primarily use your iPhone for. A larger screen is great if you spend a fair amount of time reading or generating some work on your phone. However, the smaller size is easier to transport and if you are into sports, more convenient for caring around.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My T-Mobile store says they've got all color 6+ in stock but nothing for the 6.

It's weird, wasn't it just the other way around?
Maybe it's just a case of local demand, if the area has alot of people really liking a more handable device they would be going for the 6 more.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The battery life of the 6+ is the key thing for me. Plus- I appreciate the larger screen size, especially when it is mounted in my vehicle. Using Hey Siri, I never have to touch it. I'm sad to say that since I got it, both my iPad first gen and my iPad mini just sit there. For running, if I don't have pockets, I stick it in my sports bra. Maps and apps like Map My Run look great on that big screen!

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The Apple stores in my area have the +'s in stock but the 6's are hard to get. Was at the Apple Store yesterday and the guy said the 6's are more popular now. When the 6+ 1st launched everyone wanted the + and a lot of people exchanged for a 6.

I got the 6 on launch. After a while I wanted the +. I upgraded our sons line to a + then swapped. After a day I gave the + to him and took back my 6.

The screen size on the + is pretty awesome. It's just too big for me. Found myself almost dropping it because of it being big. Another thing I didn't like was it was too bulky in my jeans pocket.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It really depends. Some people like the 5.5 inch screen, and some prefer the 4.7 inch screen. I wanted to get the Plus, but I ended up ordering an iPhone 6. I must say, it is the perfect size for me. The demand for the iPhone 6 is indeed way more than the Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Here in Japan, the Plus, 64 GB, is very popular. There's not much wait, at least here in the countryside, for the 6, or the Plus 16 or 128.

I was number 5 on the waiting list for a Plus 64 for about a week, went to the shop and left with a 128 instead.

Took me six weeks to get a 64GB Plus space grey where I am, and I'm not in a major city. SoftBank told me it was the most popular model for their customers. Glad I waited though, this phone is awesome. Did you do the trade in program they have going?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reports a projected Q4 iPhone sales of more than 71.5 million units.
The iPhone 6 is predicted to be the best seller with about 60 percent of all sales for the quarter. Kuo mentions supplier production issues as well as high demand as reasons for the 6 Plus supply shortage.
Kuo also predicts low iPhone sales/demand for Q1 of 2015.
That's if you consider sales of 49.4 million iPhones "low sales". Apple is doomed again! :D

Source: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/arti...iphone-6-sales-more-than-double-iphone-6-plus

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416832046.647908.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm one of those flip flop people. Because on the 21st I traded in my release day 6 for a 6+ it was a random trade in but I'm happy I did I feel like the 6+ was a better upgrade from my 5s and the battery life eco though amazing on both is l leagues better on the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the decision of which phone people prefer is based on personal usage. I am a tech person who exchanged my 6 plus for a 6 because it is more portable and fits my needs better. However my other half is a non technical average user and loves her 6 plus; primarily because of the larger screen.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The 6 plus wouldn't be nearly as comfortable to use on a day to day as my 6 is, in my opinion.

There, I fixed that for you. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and my wife has an iPhone 6. In my opinion, the Plus is quite easy to use, and not at all uncomfortable. It fits in my hand and in my pocket just fine, and I am really happy with the larger screen.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There, I fixed that for you. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and my wife has an iPhone 6. In my opinion, the Plus is quite easy to use, and not at all uncomfortable. It fits in my hand and in my pocket just fine, and I am really happy with the larger screen.

Very true, I just upgraded to the 6 Plus from the 5s. I thought it would be much larger - it fits in my hand (and pocket, and car cup holder) just fine.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I love having a big phone (use a Note 3) but let me tell you, it is a PITA for actually making phone calls. Since about .01% of what I actually do with my phone is phone calls (yeah yeah) it's no big issue but I could see where people who talk a lot more on their phone than I do would vastly prefer a smaller device.

So glad Apple put out the 6+ and I intend to move to it at some point (along with jumping ship from Verizon) but always figured I was part of the vocal minority of phablet enthusiasts

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I ran for the 6 and on Craigslist seen someone wanting to trade for his plus for a 6 I decided to jump
On it and I am loving it lol
I have no issues... Put it in my bag and in good

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was all about the 5S until i found a guy on Craigslist wanting to trade his 6 for a 5S plus 160 bucks. I jumped on it! Granted, there's a small crack beneath the surface in the top right corner of the 6, with no dings on the aluminum to indicate it was dropped. I'm hoping I can take it into Apple and get a refurb somehow. You can't feel the crack at all but you can see it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1417614512.080324.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1417614512.080324.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I was all about the 5S until i found a guy on Craigslist wanting to trade his 6 for a 5S plus 160 bucks. I jumped on it! Granted, there's a small crack beneath the surface in the top right corner of the 6, with no dings on the aluminum to indicate it was dropped. I'm hoping I can take it into Apple and get a refurb somehow. You can't feel the crack at all but you can see it.

View attachment 72764
Good luck with that

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods