Turns out most people want the 6, not the 6+

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
The 6 plus is not to big. It is just to big for some people. I would think. And purely my opionion. That most iPhone users who have only kept the iPhone would think the 6 plus is to big. They have kept the same small phone for years. And although android offered larger screens they opted to stay with the iPhone and the system they enjoyed. Going from a 4 inch screen to a 5.5 inch Screen is a huge leap.

Then there are the group of i phone users who wanted a large screen but don't like android who jumped all over the 6plus and those android user's who waited for Apple to make a large phone to come back. I don't have one yet but my wife and I can't wait to switch back to the iPhone from android for the 6 plus and have two on order.
In the end I great to have more options and everyone can the device of their choice. Great time in tech.

courtstone

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where you guys are from. Here in Dallas, most wanted the 6+. Many settled for the 6 because the inventory was so low for the 6+

I'm apart of the "niche" who actually wanted a larger screened iPhone. The problem was that there wasn't enough 6+'s. Thank you Apple for giving me what I wanted.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
6+ was the one that sold out here. This is my 10th day using it and at first it felt like I was holding a tablet that functioned as a phone. Now, the screen doesn't feel too big ! I haven't yet felt that I wish it was even bigger, but it definitely doesn't feel or look too big to me anymore

diesteldorf

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I would be curious to know what percentage of those 10 million phones sold were 6 or 6+. Also curious to know if one color proves more popular than the rest.

Last year, anything in GOLD seemed hard to find.

scenely

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Sounds purely anecdotal. Although initial reports did indicate that the 6 was outselling the 6+ however this was because availability of the 6+ was limited and consumers at launch were given an ultimatum. Walk away with an iPhone 6 or walk away with nothing and wait for their initially desired phone.

Personally I am passing on this iteration. I am still satisfied w/ the 5S and in the past I have been more partial to the "S" designated or whatever letter they use iPhones.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Clarification: at least where I live. Not intending to buy one myself just yet, however, I went out to play around with it. At Best Buy, everyone saw the 6+ and determined it was WAY too big. At the Apple store, same thing. People ended up being thankful they were able to get a 6 and not be stuck with the 6+. I just thought that was interesting considering how everyone was clamoring to get the 6+ before it sold out. What about other areas outside of upstate NY? Anyone out there experience anything similar?

My husband has the 6, and it is too small. Honestly I looked at his phone and thought... Is this really bigger than the 5? I absolutely love my 6+ and will never look back. Can't wait to see how big and thin the 7+ will be!

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's why there are NONE no matter where you go. NONE. Because it's a "niche" product.

Well, I believe supply has a big hand in the availability of the phone. Doesn't seem Apple can actually supply enough of them or as much as the iPhone 6. So while its sold out, there are other factors causing this issue.

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Since I am a pilot and we don't always get tablets for in flight use. I went for the iPhone 6 plus. I get a better view of the weather and can fit more into the screen. But still, I think the screen is too big as well.

Lucky b*stard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TomsAndroid

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I almost, almost got the 6 Plus. Honestly, if it hadn't been unavailable everywhere, I think I would've got it. Unfortunately, I'm impatient, so I just went ahead and ordered a 6. I was also worried that the Plus would render my iPad mini retina useless. The 6 just felt so perfect in the hand, too.

nostodnayr

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Here in Japan, the Plus, 64 GB, is very popular. There's not much wait, at least here in the countryside, for the 6, or the Plus 16 or 128.

I was number 5 on the waiting list for a Plus 64 for about a week, went to the shop and left with a 128 instead.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I almost, almost got the 6 Plus. Honestly, if it hadn't been unavailable everywhere, I think I would've got it. Unfortunately, I'm impatient, so I just went ahead and ordered a 6. I was also worried that the Plus would render my iPad mini retina useless. The 6 just felt so perfect in the hand, too.

My exact train of thought

TheOneRico

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I preordered the 6+ (after I had made paper cut-outs of both versions I thought it would be nice, especially since I'm doing a lot of photography stuff) and received it on the 24th. I definitely loved the screen size and found it easier to type with both hands on it as well.

However, the phone just seemed "too big" and bulky for me. I tried to get used to it for the last week but did end up trading it in for a 6 today.

I did love the 6+ in general, but it just wasn't right for my daily use. It wasn't easy to trade it in and I only did it after evaluating the differences for a couple of days, holding both versions in my hands a few times. If the bezel had been a bit smaller I probably would have kept it.

I'm happy with the regular 6 now. This one feels good when using it. But that's just my own opinion. I would recommend for people to go and look at both models, though, if they're at all unsure about which one to get.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How do you reconcile this information against the premise of this thread?

iPhone 6 Plus to account for 60% of total iPhone 6 device shipments, say sources
Cage Chao, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Friday 3 October 2014]

Sales of iPhone 6 Plus will be higher than expected, to account for 60% of total shipments of iPhone 6 devices, judging from recent shipments of analog ICs to the two iPhone 6 device producers, Foxconn Electronics and Pegatron Technology, according to industry sources.

Foxconn is responsible for the production of the iPhone 6 Plus, while Pegatron makes the iPhone 6, the sources revealed.

Shipments of IC parts to the two makers were almost at even initially, but Foxconn appears to have received more shipments recently, the sources indicated. The higher-than-expected sales of the iPhone 6 Plus may harm the sale of Apple's iPad mini which has a display size of 7.9-inch that is close to the 5.5-inch display used by the iPhone 6 Plus, commented the sources.

However, the brisk sales of the iPhone 6 Plus will benefit Taiwan-based suppliers in the related supply chain, ramping up their sales as well as profitability, the sources noted.

Source: iPhone 6 Plus to account for 60% of total iPhone 6 device shipments, say sources

cs1219

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Sold out just cuz plus has less stock. Apple simply manufactures less iPhone 6 plus. Actually the owner ratio for iPhone 6 vs. 6 plus is 1.5 to 1, according to some surveys.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Sold out just cuz plus has less stock. Apple simply manufactures less iPhone 6 plus. Actually the owner ratio for iPhone 6 vs. 6 plus is 1.5 to 1, according to some surveys.

Of course, 83.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot to serve the purpose of the poster. #justsaying

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think if the 6 is the more popular of the two phones, it would have to be because of the $$. Save $100 and get a smaller version, or get 64 GB on the 6 for the same price as 16 GB on the 6+.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Or, maybe most people got the 6 because it was more available whereas the 6 plus easy sold out and on back order for nearly two months?

Idk why but it feels like the OP is upset he wasn't "stuck with the 6+" and had to get the normal 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73