Not in my town. Most of my friends have the 6+.
    09-29-2014 06:40 PM
    Sounds purely anecdotal. Although initial reports did indicate that the 6 was outselling the 6+ however this was because availability of the 6+ was limited and consumers at launch were given an ultimatum. Walk away with an iPhone 6 or walk away with nothing and wait for their initially desired phone.

Personally I am passing on this iteration. I am still satisfied w/ the 5S and in the past I have been more partial to the "S" designated or whatever letter they use iPhones.
    09-30-2014 04:35 AM
    Clarification: at least where I live. Not intending to buy one myself just yet, however, I went out to play around with it. At Best Buy, everyone saw the 6+ and determined it was WAY too big. At the Apple store, same thing. People ended up being thankful they were able to get a 6 and not be stuck with the 6+. I just thought that was interesting considering how everyone was clamoring to get the 6+ before it sold out. What about other areas outside of upstate NY? Anyone out there experience anything similar?
    My husband has the 6, and it is too small. Honestly I looked at his phone and thought... Is this really bigger than the 5? I absolutely love my 6+ and will never look back. Can't wait to see how big and thin the 7+ will be!
    Bhavya Shah2 likes this.
    09-30-2014 02:36 PM
    Yeah, that's why there are NONE no matter where you go. NONE. Because it's a "niche" product.
    Well, I believe supply has a big hand in the availability of the phone. Doesn't seem Apple can actually supply enough of them or as much as the iPhone 6. So while its sold out, there are other factors causing this issue.
    10-01-2014 03:14 PM
    Since I am a pilot and we don't always get tablets for in flight use. I went for the iPhone 6 plus. I get a better view of the weather and can fit more into the screen. But still, I think the screen is too big as well.
    Lucky b*stard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-03-2014 01:24 AM
    I almost, almost got the 6 Plus. Honestly, if it hadn't been unavailable everywhere, I think I would've got it. Unfortunately, I'm impatient, so I just went ahead and ordered a 6. I was also worried that the Plus would render my iPad mini retina useless. The 6 just felt so perfect in the hand, too.

nthknd likes this.
    10-03-2014 01:26 AM
    Here in Japan, the Plus, 64 GB, is very popular. There's not much wait, at least here in the countryside, for the 6, or the Plus 16 or 128.

I was number 5 on the waiting list for a Plus 64 for about a week, went to the shop and left with a 128 instead.
    10-03-2014 02:52 AM
    I almost, almost got the 6 Plus. Honestly, if it hadn't been unavailable everywhere, I think I would've got it. Unfortunately, I'm impatient, so I just went ahead and ordered a 6. I was also worried that the Plus would render my iPad mini retina useless. The 6 just felt so perfect in the hand, too.

My exact train of thought
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-03-2014 02:54 AM
    I preordered the 6+ (after I had made paper cut-outs of both versions I thought it would be nice, especially since I'm doing a lot of photography stuff) and received it on the 24th. I definitely loved the screen size and found it easier to type with both hands on it as well.

However, the phone just seemed "too big" and bulky for me. I tried to get used to it for the last week but did end up trading it in for a 6 today.

I did love the 6+ in general, but it just wasn't right for my daily use. It wasn't easy to trade it in and I only did it after evaluating the differences for a couple of days, holding both versions in my hands a few times. If the bezel had been a bit smaller I probably would have kept it.

I'm happy with the regular 6 now. This one feels good when using it. But that's just my own opinion. I would recommend for people to go and look at both models, though, if they're at all unsure about which one to get.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    10-03-2014 04:06 AM
    How do you reconcile this information against the premise of this thread?

iPhone 6 Plus to account for 60% of total iPhone 6 device shipments, say sources
    Cage Chao, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Friday 3 October 2014]

Sales of iPhone 6 Plus will be higher than expected, to account for 60% of total shipments of iPhone 6 devices, judging from recent shipments of analog ICs to the two iPhone 6 device producers, Foxconn Electronics and Pegatron Technology, according to industry sources.

Foxconn is responsible for the production of the iPhone 6 Plus, while Pegatron makes the iPhone 6, the sources revealed.

Shipments of IC parts to the two makers were almost at even initially, but Foxconn appears to have received more shipments recently, the sources indicated. The higher-than-expected sales of the iPhone 6 Plus may harm the sale of Apple's iPad mini which has a display size of 7.9-inch that is close to the 5.5-inch display used by the iPhone 6 Plus, commented the sources.

However, the brisk sales of the iPhone 6 Plus will benefit Taiwan-based suppliers in the related supply chain, ramping up their sales as well as profitability, the sources noted.
    Source: iPhone 6 Plus to account for 60% of total iPhone 6 device shipments, say sources
    10-03-2014 07:48 AM
    Sold out just cuz plus has less stock. Apple simply manufactures less iPhone 6 plus. Actually the owner ratio for iPhone 6 vs. 6 plus is 1.5 to 1, according to some surveys.
    10-12-2014 01:47 PM
    Sold out just cuz plus has less stock. Apple simply manufactures less iPhone 6 plus. Actually the owner ratio for iPhone 6 vs. 6 plus is 1.5 to 1, according to some surveys.
    Of course, 83.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot to serve the purpose of the poster. #justsaying
    10-12-2014 01:51 PM
    I think if the 6 is the more popular of the two phones, it would have to be because of the $$. Save $100 and get a smaller version, or get 64 GB on the 6 for the same price as 16 GB on the 6+.
    11-04-2014 11:48 PM
    Or, maybe most people got the 6 because it was more available whereas the 6 plus easy sold out and on back order for nearly two months?

Idk why but it feels like the OP is upset he wasn't "stuck with the 6+" and had to get the normal 6.
    11-18-2014 04:02 PM
    I have the 6 right now but will get my 6 plus tomorrow decided to go with after all
    11-19-2014 01:16 AM
    My T-Mobile store says they've got all color 6+ in stock but nothing for the 6.

It's weird, wasn't it just the other way around?
    Flow39 and precon22 like this.
    11-19-2014 03:14 AM
    I think it comes down to what are you going to primarily use your iPhone for. A larger screen is great if you spend a fair amount of time reading or generating some work on your phone. However, the smaller size is easier to transport and if you are into sports, more convenient for caring around.
    Fit24 likes this.
    11-20-2014 12:04 AM
    6+ was the most popular where I live
    This is the same for my area. You can get the 6 in the store ... for the 6 + you have to wait at least 2-3 weeks to get it.
    11-20-2014 01:23 PM
    My T-Mobile store says they've got all color 6+ in stock but nothing for the 6.

It's weird, wasn't it just the other way around?
    Maybe it's just a case of local demand, if the area has alot of people really liking a more handable device they would be going for the 6 more.
    11-20-2014 06:51 PM
    The battery life of the 6+ is the key thing for me. Plus- I appreciate the larger screen size, especially when it is mounted in my vehicle. Using Hey Siri, I never have to touch it. I'm sad to say that since I got it, both my iPad first gen and my iPad mini just sit there. For running, if I don't have pockets, I stick it in my sports bra. Maps and apps like Map My Run look great on that big screen!
    11-21-2014 08:49 AM
    The Apple stores in my area have the +'s in stock but the 6's are hard to get. Was at the Apple Store yesterday and the guy said the 6's are more popular now. When the 6+ 1st launched everyone wanted the + and a lot of people exchanged for a 6.

I got the 6 on launch. After a while I wanted the +. I upgraded our sons line to a + then swapped. After a day I gave the + to him and took back my 6.

The screen size on the + is pretty awesome. It's just too big for me. Found myself almost dropping it because of it being big. Another thing I didn't like was it was too bulky in my jeans pocket.
    11-24-2014 04:29 AM
    It really depends. Some people like the 5.5 inch screen, and some prefer the 4.7 inch screen. I wanted to get the Plus, but I ended up ordering an iPhone 6. I must say, it is the perfect size for me. The demand for the iPhone 6 is indeed way more than the Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    11-24-2014 06:09 AM
    Here in Japan, the Plus, 64 GB, is very popular. There's not much wait, at least here in the countryside, for the 6, or the Plus 16 or 128.

I was number 5 on the waiting list for a Plus 64 for about a week, went to the shop and left with a 128 instead.
    Took me six weeks to get a 64GB Plus space grey where I am, and I'm not in a major city. SoftBank told me it was the most popular model for their customers. Glad I waited though, this phone is awesome. Did you do the trade in program they have going?
    11-24-2014 06:28 AM
    KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reports a projected Q4 iPhone sales of more than 71.5 million units.
    The iPhone 6 is predicted to be the best seller with about 60 percent of all sales for the quarter. Kuo mentions supplier production issues as well as high demand as reasons for the 6 Plus supply shortage.
    Kuo also predicts low iPhone sales/demand for Q1 of 2015.
    That's if you consider sales of 49.4 million iPhones "low sales". Apple is doomed again!

Source: http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...-iphone-6-plus

Turns out most people want the 6, not the 6+-imageuploadedbytapatalk1416832046.647908.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-24-2014 07:27 AM
    I guess I'm one of those flip flop people. Because on the 21st I traded in my release day 6 for a 6+ it was a random trade in but I'm happy I did I feel like the 6+ was a better upgrade from my 5s and the battery life eco though amazing on both is l leagues better on the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 05:39 PM
70 123