Turns out most people want the 6, not the 6+

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Clarification: at least where I live. Not intending to buy one myself just yet, however, I went out to play around with it. At Best Buy, everyone saw the 6+ and determined it was WAY too big. At the Apple store, same thing. People ended up being thankful they were able to get a 6 and not be stuck with the 6+. I just thought that was interesting considering how everyone was clamoring to get the 6+ before it sold out. What about other areas outside of upstate NY? Anyone out there experience anything similar?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Clarification: at least where I live. Not intending to buy one myself just yet, however, I went out to play around with it. At Best Buy, everyone saw the 6+ and determined it was WAY too big. At the Apple store, same thing. People ended up being thankful they were able to get a 6 and not be stuck with the 6+. I just thought that was interesting considering how everyone was clamoring to get the 6+ before it sold out. What about other areas outside of upstate NY? Anyone out there experience anything similar?

I would think most want the 6 anyway. Phones that size still don't sell as much as smaller ones. I think the thing about the 6+ is the shortage. So while the number of people that want one is not greater than the 6, it still may be greater than what's available.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Since I am a pilot and we don't always get tablets for in flight use. I went for the iPhone 6 plus. I get a better view of the weather and can fit more into the screen. But still, I think the screen is too big as well.

adidas26usa

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Despite never wanting a phone 'that big' before, I had started to warm up to the idea of a large screen phone. I have found myself using my phone more and more while sitting on the couch at night and not going to reach for my iPad. So, I pre-ordered iPhone 6 Plus and after picking it up today and having some time with it, I am so far very happy with my decision. It's big, but beautiful! Once more apps are updated to take advantage of the screen size I'm sure things will be even more impressive. That said, I held an iPhone 6 in store and agree that it felt more comfortable in the hand (especially for talking on the phone...gasp!) and will probably be more the right size for most people.

CycloneFW

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, my 6+ arrived at 10:30 Eastern this morning and I'm loving the larger size. It is huge, but I can comfortably use it one-handed and web browsing with the extra screen size is a much better experience than my 5S.

April M1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

I live in upstate NY and I still personally choose the 6Plus but in all honesty, I think only phone addicts are going to love it. Not just the average phone user. Like I personally see it as a tablet and I never use it for calls, ever. But of course with someone like my dad, he would probably complain about the size.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here in Miami most of my friends went with the idea of getting a 6+ but ended up leaving with a 6. 2 friends actually returned their 6+ they had pre ordered. I pre-ordered a 6 and 6+. Sold the 6+ and kept the 6. Not bashing the 6+. Awesome phone but just too big in my opinion. 6+ with smaller bezels would've been better. Eventually I see the 6 64gb being the bestseller this year

...via iPad from TapaTalk...

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
People here don't want iPhones at all. The store I got my 6 from had only sold 3 (including mine). I got there at 6pm.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how it all pans out eventually and Apple (possibly) releases info about the sales breakdown between the two devices.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I just left Verizon from checking out the 6 and 6+. As of now, I want to go big and get the 6+. I'm not ready to upgrade yet so it will give me time to mull it all before actually committing to anything. I'm in no rush and under no pressure either-i still love my coral pink 5C ☺

For when I am ready, it'll be a gold 64gb for me!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I am very happy to "be stuck with the 6+". True, there was limited supply, compared to the iPhone 6, but the iPhone 6 Plus sold out EVERYWHERE.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I personally never held the 6+ in hand. Having the 6 seems big enough, it fits perfectly in my pocket and it just feels right. No regrets at all for me.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
6+ was the most popular where I live

Most of the people I know got the 6+ & love it. I'm the only one thats not exactly thrilled about the huge size. I got
the 6+ because it was more of an upgrade than going from a 5S to a 6 & I'm sure I'll get use to it. The screen is rather beautiful though, so that helps

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

NYC/LI saw the 6+ go quickly. But I also heard there were far fewer units available at launch. The 6 sold out in at least one store that I know of (VZW version).

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my 5s

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been out to the stores out here in Ann Arbor, MI. But just my opinion, I would opt for the 6 if I was to get one. It's 4.7 inches, the same size as my old Moto X. I loved the size of that phone. Since it shattered, I picked up my moms old iPhone 4. It's not too horrible running 7.1.2 but the size is.. Eh. Small. I'm trying to get used to it. But with all the hot news about the new 6, it's making me dislike it more. Especially cause I can't experience ios 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk