Turn off whats app notification

reena_101

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have this issue since the last whats app update? Every time I open whats app to see a message a get a notification page telling me to turn on my notifications... Issue is I do not want to turn it on!! Can anyone help as to how I can stop this from coming up? It is driving me mad :-(

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't noticed that before, because I only turned off group notifications, but now I tried turning all of them off including alerts and you are absolutely right! there is that annoying screen telling you to turn it on everytime.

That is not right, they should respect users choice to not get notifications, don't see a workaround right now, but you can try sending feedback to them, telling them to stop doing that, maybe they can fix it in a release. You are probably not the only one getting annoyed by that. What if you try turning them on but without sounds and to not show?

Hopefully we'll see a fix for that.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that pop-up is annoying. I don't want a banner or alert either but it's the only way to get rid if it for now. :( I chose the banner which is only slightly less annoying.

I heard that they are going to change it to a free app with free access for a year and then will start charging for service every year after the first. So what about those of us who originally paid for the app?

If anyone knows of a better messenger app, please let me know, thanks!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Found the workaround! :)

Select "settings" from within the app, not from iPhone settings. Go to in-app notifications and select "none" and no pop-up will come up. You can also remove the preview and select ringtones for single and group what's app messages.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73