What iPhone storage size did you get and how do you manage it?

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 16 gig 5S to a 128 gig 6...and man...once you make the jump away from 16...going back will never be an option. My phone usually camps at about 50 gigs available. There isn't much managing to it with that much space.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Everyone speaks of "managing" their storage. It sounds to me like "justifying" paying more for excess storage. I have limitations with the 16 gb phone. But I'm OK. "Managing" my storage is not difficult. I enjoy using Box for storing my photos and videos. It's much better than having all my photos on the camera roll. I can create folders and subfolders. It's very organized, easy to access and view, and it doesn't take a lot of space. I have most of the apps I want and keep a small handful of songs to listen to in the car. I have 3.5 gb available. The one thing I might do different with 128 or 64 gb is there are a few large apps I wouldn't mind having. These run between 600 mb and 2 gb in size. But I do fine without them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone speaks of "managing" their storage. It sounds to me like "justifying" paying more for excess storage. I have limitations with the 16 gb phone. But I'm OK. "Managing" my storage is not difficult. I enjoy using Box for storing my photos and videos. It's much better than having all my photos on the camera roll. I can create folders and subfolders. It's very organized, easy to access and view, and it doesn't take a lot of space. I have most of the apps I want and keep a small handful of songs to listen to in the car. I have 3.5 gb available. The one thing I might do different with 128 or 64 gb is there are a few large apps I wouldn't mind having. These run between 600 mb and 2 gb in size. But I do fine without them.

Humm, to me its not "justifying" It's more like common sense. Why go through the hassle of having all of the different cloud services when you can just have it on your device. No need to set up all the different accounts. No need to worry about using data when you're away from WiFi. No need to "manage" space for apps, music, videos, games, photos ectra, ectra....this is what works for ME. To me a 16gb device this day and age makes no sense especially when you look at all the different apps compared to when 16gb was first released.....times have changed, you can just do so much more with a smartphone now.....just my .02 cents

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Humm, to me its not "justifying" It's more like common sense. Why go through the hassle of having all of the different cloud services when you can just have it on your device. No need to set up all the different accounts. No need to worry about using data when you're away from WiFi. No need to "manage" space for apps, music, videos, games, photos ectra, ectra....this is what works for ME. To me a 16gb device this day and age makes no sense especially when you look at all the different apps compared to when 16gb was first released.....times have changed, you can just do so much more with a smartphone now.....just my .02 cents

I would never even come close to using 128 gb in 2 years time. It would be a stretch using 64. Maybe 30 or 40. But I would have to "Manage" using that much.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I would never even come close to using 128 gb in 2 years time. It would be a stretch using 64. Maybe 30 or 40. But I would have to "Manage" using that much.

But it's not 128gb over two years for ME, It's actually ALL of the "stuff" I've collected over the years of using smartphones. For examples, 1). I have BeWeather (formally BerryWeather) sets that I started collecting some seven years ago that I choose to keep on my devices. 2). Receipts, TapaTalk wanted to see the purchase receipt on their TapaTalk Pro for VIP status on the FREE version (I keep all of my receipts). 3). Wallpapers, some "custom" wallpapers that friends have made for me over the years are priceless, I need and like for them to be with me at all times. 4). Photos, over the years, same thing, I get to look at them whenever I want.....PRICELESS. I guess for me it's not about what am I going to use 128gb for over the next 2 years, but what I've accumulated over the last several years, and what I will accumulate over the next two years that I want on my device and have the storage space to do so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But it's not 128gb over two years for ME, It's actually ALL of the "stuff" I've collected over the years of using smartphones. For examples, 1). I have BeWeather (formally BerryWeather) sets that I started collecting some seven years ago that I choose to keep on my devices. 2). Receipts, TapaTalk wanted to see the purchase receipt on their TapaTalk Pro for VIP status on the FREE version (I keep all of my receipts). 3). Wallpapers, some "custom" wallpapers that friends have made for me over the years are priceless, I need and like for them to be with me at all times. 4). Photos, over the years, same thing, I get to look at them whenever I want.....PRICELESS. I guess for me it's not about what am I going to use 128gb for over the next 2 years, but what I've accumulated over the last several years, and what I will accumulate over the next two years that I want on my device and have the storage space to do so.

You keep all those wallpapers on your camera roll?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes...4,000+....I have lots of room...SMILE
If you don't care for using cloud storage apps for your photos and walls, you might try MyPhoto Pro. You can organize your wallpapers into groups and albums making them easier to find and deal with. Then delete them off the camera roll. It has a lot of nice features, including the Aviary Photo Editor. And there's a secret album where you can hide your...um..never mind.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

There's a free limited version.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If you don't care for using cloud storage apps for your photos and walls, you might try MyPhoto Pro. You can organize your wallpapers into groups and albums making them easier to find and deal with. Then delete them off the camera roll. It has a lot of nice features, including the Aviary Photo Editor. And there's a secret album where you can hide your...um..never mind.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

There's a free limited version.

Kool....Thanks for the info.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been collecting CDs since they started making them. But I get what you're asking... It's a preference, not a necessity. If I had to, I could get by with a 16g.

LOL...not me. I honestly wouldn't even waste my time this day and age with a 16gb device.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro