What iPhone storage size did you get and how do you manage it?

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I got the 5s in 16gb, my previous 4s was a 32gb and I have to admit it, I'm really struggling with the 16gb on the 5s. I have far less apps on this new iPhone than on my previews 4s and still. I'm thinking of swapping for the 32gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: What's your iPhone memory size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

I always get the 64GB.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: What's your iPhone memory size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

I have the 16 gb iPhone 5. I'll need more space going forward. 16 used to be plenty. But apps and everything are getting bigger and better. 2 years ago, the Facebook app was 23 mb installed. Today it's 106 mb. Most apps have gotten bigger. And there are more great apps to choose from. Then there's music. I don't keep a lot of music on my phone, and I use Spotify and radio apps. Photos can be stored on cloud based apps like Box, OneDrive, and Dropbox. Upload your photos to those apps, then delete them from your camera roll. I currently have 4 gb of storage space available. I will need more. I hope to get the 64 gb iP6. That would be plenty for me since I don't over do music on my phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I got the 64G. I'm at 27G free. There is no way I can do 32G anymore.

View attachment 64202
I could do 32. But I don't put huge amounts of music on my phone. That seems to be the big space hog for many. I just don't get 20+ gb of music on a phone. Maybe I'm just getting old. :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I've surprised myself with the number of apps I've got now. Since I started using the iPhone as my primary device I've relied more and more on the things I can do with it via apps. I've even got restaurant apps that I find useful......I've become the queen of ordering a pizza on the road via the app and have it delivered as I get home, or ordering Outback and picking it up as I drive in, just hit "favourites" and it's done. Things like this. To say nothing of my banking, insurance, and other such apps to make things easier to handle for me.

And then there are all the social apps....and forums....and music.....they all take space and as Led said, and the apps, they're getting bigger.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I have the 16 gb iPhone 5. I'll need more space going forward. 16 used to be plenty. But apps and everything are getting bigger and better. 2 years ago, the Facebook app was 23 mb installed. Today it's 106 mb. Most apps have gotten bigger. And there are more great apps to choose from. Then there's music. I don't keep a lot of music on my phone, and I use Spotify and radio apps. Photos can be stored on cloud based apps like Box, OneDrive, and Dropbox. Upload your photos to those apps, then delete them from your camera roll. I currently have 4 gb of storage space available. I will need more. I hope to get the 64 gb iP6. That would be plenty for me since I don't over do music on my phone.

Once you get the 64GB it will change the way you deal with music I think, you will want to have them on your phone instead of having to streaming them.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What's your iPhone memory size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

I decided to get a 32gb iPhone5s, however it limits me to what I can store on my phone. I have approx 8gb left and I'm constantly managing the space on my device. My next iPhone I plan on getting the most GB available so I won't have to worry about managing space. I like everything on my phone and not in the clouds. "I want what I want when I want it"

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I got the 64 GB 5S and I might need more by the time the 6S gets released. I have about 18.5 GB of music and about 32 GB of apps on it. I like to keep about 10% of free space on my phone for performance reasons.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1410272320.908585.jpg

Enough said.... Need a bigger memory!!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I got the 5s in 16gb, my previous 4s was a 32gb and I have to admit it, I'm really struggling with the 16gb on the 5s. I have far less apps on this new iPhone than on my previews 4s and still. I'm thinking of swapping for the 32gb.

My iPhones all have 1GB of memory. If you?re asking about STORAGE, then the answer is 32GB. Always. Every time. My current iPhone 5S has about 12GB free.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I have 20GB of storage left on my 64GB 5S

I'm right with you on the number but what concerns me is my 10.4GB backup and I can't seem to find a way to shrink it I need everything in that iCloud backup

stellasturm

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Have the 16 GB 5s since late May with no issues though it does take very much being on top of what I add to the phone. I offboard pictures and any other media of large file sizes onto a 3rd party SD card reader or to my ample MB Pro. It's not my main music listening device, so only keep a bare minimum of music on it. At 16 GB, you can't really just add anything willy nilly but I like having to pay attention. No room for apps I don't use often or just casually "like". If I don't use it, it goes (or backed up onto my MB Pro in case I decide to re-add it). Might drive other people batty to the point of distraction but to each their own!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Used 30gb of my 64gb, so def getting another 64gb. I should need 128, but something always happens to my iPhone where I can't restore a backup.

Fresh install (replacement device from apple) from august 5th and I've already used that much.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I'll be getting 128, because I like to have lots of free space, and on my 64G 5S I have 15G left. That's far too close for my comfort.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I've had the 32GB model of the iPhone and never stressed about memory.
Right now on my windows phone I have 16GB of memory, but I have barley any apps or music on it.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

64 GB 5s, 9.1 GB free.

May have to get a 128 GB model when I upgrade...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox