What iPhone storage size did you get and how do you manage it?

TreeSpooner

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: What's your iPhone storage size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

I originally got the 16gb, but after nearly two weeks I found I just was overly preoccupied with how much storage I was using. I felt like I was deleting apps just to make sure I had enough for pictures, which I take a ton of. I ended up exchanging it for the 64gb. In the future I won't even consider a 16gb.

Just a side-note, if you are an Amazon Prime member, you can download their cloud drive app and you get unlimited storage for photos. You can set it so that it automatically backs up your photos.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: What's your iPhone storage size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

Well when i had the 6 i had the 128gb version, just moved to 6+ and got the 64gb loving it!

dbk1966

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I have the 64GB. Another thing I am doing is using additional cloud storage. (Box, OneDrive). I recommend 32GB minimum. Some iOS updates use a lot of memory. The last update actually gave us more memory!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I had a 32gb iPhone 4S, then a 32gb iPhone 5, a 16gb iPhone 5, and now a 128gb iPhone 6. I still have around 107gb left :p

Sent from my iPhone 6

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
What's your iPhone storage size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

I've got the 64GB iPhone 6 plus. I hope it will be enough. I wanted the 128 but they didn't have it in stock. I had a 128 GB SD card in my S5 and had 68 GBs free so I probably don't need all that space. At the beginning of the year I had a 64GB iPhone 5S and had about 6GB to spare. I had everything I wanted on it and then some so 128 was probably over kill.

Last edited:

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

3GS 4 4s and 5S in 16 and 6 than 6 plus in 64! Wanted 32 but zip so 64 im thrilled!

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

That's right Amazon cloud!
I use the fire I'm doing it now!
Removing my pics

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I got the 64 GB iPhone 6. Really glad that they dropped the 32 and let you get 64 for the same price. I'm using about 1/2 of the space.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I got the 64 GB iPhone 6. Really glad that they dropped the 32 and let you get 64 for the same price. I'm using about 1/2 of the space.

For sure. At first I was mad that they got rid of 32, but then I realized that 64 GB would be better for me anyway :)

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

I've got the 64GB iPhone 6 plus. I hope it will be enough. I wanted the 128 but they didn't have it in stock. I had a 128 GB SD card in my S5 and had 68 GBs free so I probably don't need all that space. At the beginning of the year I had a 64GB iPhone 5S and had about 6GB to spare. I had everything I wanted on it and then some so 128 was probably over kill.

I ended up switching it for a 128GB model.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I got the 64gb 6 plus. I have 38gb left. I have not put any music on yet though. It's all in the cloud for right now. The biggest piece of my memory right now the Infinity Blade games and Asphalt 8. All are on right now. I don't get to play much so I don't know if I will keep them on or not.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

My 4s, 5, and 5s were all 32gb models and it was just right for my needs. Now that I have a 64gb 6, I don't ever have to worry about running out of anything lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417927208.971912.jpg

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
What's your iPhone storage size did you get. How do you manage with it so far?

My 4s, 5, and 5s were all 32gb models and it was just right for my needs. Now that I have a 64gb 6, I don't ever have to worry about running out of anything lol. View attachment 72969

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

I will always fill up whatever space I have. I'm a hoarder lol

My iPhone 3G was 16GB and I filled that up. Next I got a 32GB iPhone 4 and quickly filled that up. Then I got a succession of Samsung Galaxy phones with 16GB of internal storage and 32/64GB micro SD cards. They were all filled to the brim.

I've had a 64GB iPod touch and iPhone 5S but only ever had a few GBs left. This time I didn't want to take the chance of being spaced constrained so eventually got my hands on a 128GB 6 plus. I've got about 45 GBs of free space. To be honest I might not use it all but when the phones were announced the fact that they would come with 128GB was one of the things that excited me and my intention was always to get a 128GB 6 plus so it seemed silly to miss out.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I got the 128 GB on my 6+. On a two year contract it didn't work out much more expensive, so hey why not! : )

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Still have 39 GB to use :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1418349064.384809.jpg

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I never fill up my devices as I don't keep them more than a year. Also, I've got a couple devices for different purposes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418386974.430902.jpg

KatMiku

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't know why a 16g is even offered on a smart phone anymore. Between all the media you use, and store, on a phone, and the apps, it runs out of memory shortly after leaving the box. 32g should be the new minimum, IMO.

Because it's easier to convince people to get a bigger model for an added premium price, in the case of the iPhone 6 Apple can say '' 16gb for 699 not enough ? don't worry guys we got 64gb for 799 ''
By dropping 32gb from the iPhone and offering 64 for the same price they make the gap 16 > 64 even bigger so everyone shuffs out the extra 100, multiply that with X and Apple is getting more money from all the added +100 Dollars/Euro's/GBP.

It's also the reason why 32 didn't replace 16gb as the base offer, Apple knows from previous years that the 32 sold the best and that 16gb requires light usage or iCloud assistance, unless you don't play games, listen to podcasts , watch movies and stream your music.
One could debate this theory, but they are just forcing people ever so slightly onto the 64gb by keeping the 16gb as baseline in a time where apps get bigger and use up more system storage for all their in-app things.

In reality there is no iPhone at 699 anymore, unless you only use your phone for apps and you stream most of your music ( and let go of the movies, games and podcasts ), I could work with a 16gb iPhone but I don't listen to podcasts, my Spotify playlist is only about 50 songs, the rest I stream, and I'm not an avid photo taker , usually only around 100 pictures at any given time on my phone.
And I only use apps like FB,snapchat,instagram,whatsapp,tumblr,imgur,spotify and a few others.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR