My speculation on why Gizmodo was invited to this Apple event:

While showing off the new proximity alarm in the iWatch that alerts you when you get too far from your iPhone, Tim Cook will say "As much as we all love our iPhones, from time to time we accidentally leave them behind on the desk or in the kitchen. In fact, even some Apple engineers have been know to leave an iPhone behind at a bar, right guys?" as he looks right at the Gizmodo crew.
    09-08-2014 02:11 PM

While showing off the new proximity alarm in the iWatch that alerts you when you get too far from your iPhone, Tim Cook will say "As much as we all love our iPhones, from time to time we accidentally leave them behind on the desk or in the kitchen. In fact, even some Apple engineers have been know to leave an iPhone behind at a bar, right guys?" as he looks right at the Gizmodo crew.
    Apparently, I'm missing the obvious...
    09-08-2014 02:16 PM
    Apparently, I'm missing the obvious...
    Gizmodo posted a video of the leaked iPhone 4 in 2010. A prototype that was left behind at a bar and Gizmodo bought it off the person who snatched it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-08-2014 02:20 PM
    Gizmodo posted a video of the leaked iPhone 4 in 2010. A prototype that was left behind at a bar and Gizmodo bought it off the person who snatched it.
    Oh okay. Thanks. I recall the incident, but not Gizmodo's involvement. Thanks again...
    09-08-2014 02:23 PM

Because, regardless of history, Gizmodo is among the tech/new blogs that will write about the Apple event and their new devices.
    09-08-2014 02:47 PM

I actually laughed out loud while reading this. Would love to see that actually happen tomorrow
    09-08-2014 10:15 PM

That was pretty funny. I'm guessing the real reason is that Tim Cook is in charge and doesn't hold as much of a grudge as Jobs. If Jobs was still CEO I'm sure Gizmodo would never be allowed back.
    09-08-2014 10:47 PM
    Jobs went ape s h I t when leaks happened, cook doesn't do anything

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2014 01:34 AM
    Jobs went ape s h I t when leaks happened, cook doesn't do anything

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk
    Because Gizmodo got their hands on a real prototype. Nobody has gotten a prototype since. Cook can't control part leaks.
    09-09-2014 10:21 AM