After going from a 4.7inch or whatever the size of the HTC One was last year down to a 4 inch phone, I found that I am more comfortable using a 4 inch phone than a 4.7 or higher inch phone.

With that being said, I am thinking about just buying the 5S off contract next week rather than buying the iPhone 6 later on this month or next month.

The main reason is that I find that the 4 inch form factor is much more comfortable to use than a bigger size phone since my hands are really that big (mid size I guess) (like i mentioned above). Second, I mainly want the fingerprint security feature than anything else and I am tired of entering passwords on my phone. Third, I have a iPad mini Retina and I feel a bigger size phone will severely reduce the amount I would use my tablet and I don't want that to happen.

Now for the off contract reason, I only have a year left on my contract and I am planning to see what kind of no contract options I have up here in Canada that have great prices. Hopefully, I don't have to sign a contract again. If I have to sign a contract, I will go with the lowest price with the highest amount of data available (maybe WIND mobile) and just do an upgrade with the 6S, if I decide to go with a bigger screen.

Am I crazy thinking about doing this?
    09-03-2014 07:07 PM
    It's your preference to have a 4" form factor. Nobody here can tell you if you're crazy. The good thing is that you'll wait until next week. Hopefully the 5S will come down in price after the 6 announcement.
    09-03-2014 07:11 PM
    Thanks Heisenberg. That's what I'm going to do, at least I don't have to worry about them being sold out . I'm thinking of going next wednesday to the Apple store at West Edmonton Mall and see I they do the iPhone trade in option (think there is an option up here in Canada) and buy the 32GB 5S Space grey (i hope).
    Just_Me_D, pr1nce and kam2958 like this.
    09-03-2014 07:13 PM
    It's your preference to have a 4" form factor. Nobody here can tell you if you're crazy. The good thing is that you'll wait until next week. Hopefully the 5S will come down in price after the 6 announcement.
    'Nuf said...
    If you're getting what you want, how would it be crazy? It's your preference...
    If you're getting what you want, how would it be crazy? It's your preference...
    You know some fanboys can be....latest and greatest or your nuts.
    09-03-2014 07:16 PM
    Nope. My wife loves her 5C. She doesn't want a larger iPhone.
    09-03-2014 07:20 PM
    I would never say you're crazy. I understand your situation. I feel the same way about my 5s, as I prefer the smaller form factor. Get what works and makes sense for you. Good luck.
    09-03-2014 07:25 PM
    Agree, get what works best for you.One of the biggest reasons I keep leaning towards keeping my 5s is the size.
    Wreckus likes this.
    09-03-2014 07:32 PM