I am using iPhone 5 for 2 years and its absolutely great, just that the battery life sucks (I am eligible for battery replacement program). I got good offer for my iPhone 5 (60% of the price). Now i am stuck thinking if i should go ahead and buy iPhone 6 (when it launches) or hang on with iPhone 5 for another year.

Please post your suggestions and make my life easier
    08-26-2014 02:41 AM
    I get a new phone every year, so I say go for it & upgrade.
    agalaria likes this.
    08-26-2014 03:00 AM
    Thanks. This is the motivation required to make me go ahead for iPhone 6:-)
    08-26-2014 06:01 AM
    My suggestion is get it replaced and then fi you upgrade, resale will bump up a bit as it has a new battery
    08-26-2014 08:30 AM
    My suggestion is get it replaced and then fi you upgrade, resale will bump up a bit as it has a new battery
    Surely ill get it replaced and then sell or tell the buyer about it and get better price. One question is Apple will replace only the battery right (not the complete phone) ?
    08-26-2014 09:01 AM
    Go for it. Good luck!
    agalaria likes this.
    08-26-2014 09:02 AM
    Surely ill get it replaced and then sell or tell the buyer about it and get better price. One question is Apple will replace only the battery right (not the complete phone) ?
    Correct.
    agalaria likes this.
    08-26-2014 09:36 AM
    Get it... Nothing else needing to be said... You know you want it haha
    agalaria and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-27-2014 03:37 AM
    Thank you all. I sold my iPhone 5. As i live in India. The iPhone 6 will be released here in November. Till then I have to use an android phone No Pain, no gain Cheers
    08-27-2014 05:33 AM
    You should waited till the iPhone gets announced but if you have sold it, I hope you can get a hold of the new phone fast.
    agalaria likes this.
    08-27-2014 06:30 AM
    I went to a apple certified repair center and even though the serial # of my phone put me in the range of qualifying for a new battery they ran a diagnosis on my battery and said nothing was wrong it and that apple would not replace it since it passed. So just because your serial # is on the list so to speak they still will test your battery and then make the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agalaria likes this.
    08-27-2014 10:07 AM
    I would upgrade even if I weren't the tech geek that I am. There will be enough added functionality to justify it.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    agalaria likes this.
    08-27-2014 10:09 AM
    I went to a apple certified repair center and even though the serial # of my phone put me in the range of qualifying for a new battery they ran a diagnosis on my battery and said nothing was wrong it and that apple would not replace it since it passed. So just because your serial # is on the list so to speak they still will test your battery and then make the decision

I din't know that but I am sure my iPhone has a battery problem as I had to charge it 2 to 3 times a day. Secondly my phone condition was too good so the buyer was happy. Hopefully they will change the battery for him.
    08-28-2014 06:14 AM
    I would upgrade even if I weren't the tech geek that I am. There will be enough added functionality to justify it.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    I am on the same page with you. Cheers
    08-28-2014 06:15 AM
    I am on the same page with you. Cheers
    Triple that !!

I'm upgrading from a 5 to a 6, after skipping the 5S.
    agalaria likes this.
    08-29-2014 12:46 AM
    Good luck mate! I am still hanging on to my iPhone 5(1.5 yrs +) and still running great. Will jump to 6s next year!!
    08-29-2014 01:08 AM
    Good luck mate! I am still hanging on to my iPhone 5(1.5 yrs +) and still running great. Will jump to 6s next year!!
    My iPhone too was working perfectly fine and had no issues except the battery life. Still the iPhone 6 has caught my mind and I just jumped to a decision. lol
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    08-29-2014 01:31 AM
    My iPhone too was working perfectly fine and had no issues except the battery life. Still the iPhone 6 has caught my mind and I just jumped to a decision. lol
    I can understand the itch of latest gadgets. I have been through all this.. Not anymore
    agalaria likes this.
    08-29-2014 01:32 AM
    i took mine in for a new battery and they said they broke something on it and had to give me a new phone
    agalaria likes this.
    08-30-2014 03:21 PM
    Did you check to see if your iPhone 5 is eligible for the free battery replacement?
    Since you're asking for advice, I'd get the battery replaced if it's free, sell the 5, and then get yourself a brand new iPhone 6.
    You only live once.
    agalaria likes this.
    08-31-2014 02:35 AM
    Same I switch devices probably twice or more times a year!!
    agalaria and nikkisharif like this.
    08-31-2014 01:11 PM
    I am using iPhone 5 for 2 years and its absolutely great, just that the battery life sucks (I am eligible for battery replacement program). I got good offer for my iPhone 5 (60% of the price). Now i am stuck thinking if i should go ahead and buy iPhone 6 (when it launches) or hang on with iPhone 5 for another year.

Please post your suggestions and make my life easier
    If you like the 5 stick with it. Get a replacement battery and you'll be good to go. Plus usually the s line works out any bugs/hardware issues the version before it had

agalaria likes this.
    08-31-2014 02:47 PM
    i took mine in for a new battery and they said they broke something on it and had to give me a new phone
    Lucky you...(Y)
    09-01-2014 10:17 AM
    Did you check to see if your iPhone 5 is eligible for the free battery replacement?
    Since you're asking for advice, I'd get the battery replaced if it's free, sell the 5, and then get yourself a brand new iPhone 6.
    You only live once.
    My iPhone is eligible for battery replacement. I showed that to the buyer and got better price
    09-01-2014 10:18 AM
    If you like the 5 stick with it. Get a replacement battery and you'll be good to go. Plus usually the s line works out any bugs/hardware issues the version before it had

Already sold my iPhone. Now all excited for iPhone 6
    09-01-2014 10:19 AM
28 12