Should I upgrade from 5 to 6

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I am using iPhone 5 for 2 years and its absolutely great, just that the battery life sucks (I am eligible for battery replacement program). I got good offer for my iPhone 5 (60% of the price). Now i am stuck thinking if i should go ahead and buy iPhone 6 (when it launches) or hang on with iPhone 5 for another year.

Please post your suggestions and make my life easier;)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion is get it replaced and then fi you upgrade, resale will bump up a bit as it has a new battery

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My suggestion is get it replaced and then fi you upgrade, resale will bump up a bit as it has a new battery

Surely ill get it replaced and then sell or tell the buyer about it and get better price. One question is Apple will replace only the battery right (not the complete phone) ?

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all. I sold my iPhone 5. As i live in India. The iPhone 6 will be released here in November. Till then I have to use an android phone:( No Pain, no gain:) Cheers

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You should waited till the iPhone gets announced but if you have sold it, I hope you can get a hold of the new phone fast.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to a apple certified repair center and even though the serial # of my phone put me in the range of qualifying for a new battery they ran a diagnosis on my battery and said nothing was wrong it and that apple would not replace it since it passed. So just because your serial # is on the list so to speak they still will test your battery and then make the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would upgrade even if I weren't the tech geek that I am. There will be enough added functionality to justify it.
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I went to a apple certified repair center and even though the serial # of my phone put me in the range of qualifying for a new battery they ran a diagnosis on my battery and said nothing was wrong it and that apple would not replace it since it passed. So just because your serial # is on the list so to speak they still will test your battery and then make the decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I din't know that but I am sure my iPhone has a battery problem as I had to charge it 2 to 3 times a day. Secondly my phone condition was too good so the buyer was happy. Hopefully they will change the battery for him.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Good luck mate! I am still hanging on to my iPhone 5(1.5 yrs +) and still running great. Will jump to 6s next year!!

My iPhone too was working perfectly fine and had no issues except the battery life. Still the iPhone 6 has caught my mind and I just jumped to a decision. lol

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you check to see if your iPhone 5 is eligible for the free battery replacement?
Since you're asking for advice, I'd get the battery replaced if it's free, sell the 5, and then get yourself a brand new iPhone 6.
You only live once.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro