Does iPhone Durability Amaze You?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought the iPhone 5S outright and with taxes it was around $920. So I don't know where the extra cost came from.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

codehut

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely.

While I've been playing with my new Lumia all weekend, my iPhone never leaves my side. And it lasts the entire day if I need it to. On weekend it regularly lasts an entire day.

As far as durability itself, I've NEVER had ONE SINGLE ISSUE with any if my iPhones. The only one that gave me a bit of trouble was the first one, the 3GS. I had to learn that no, it did not have the same battery life as my 9700, in part because I was ALWAYS on it.

But yeah....most trustworthy device in the last three years.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Not at all. I came from a Nokia Lumia 920. The iPhone's durability has nothing on the Lumia line. Dropped from three feet the iPhone scratched. The Lumia dropped from the same height came out with nothing but a scuff that came right off. I like iPhones but they're the only premium phones I've owned that consistently need a case to stay pristine.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was until my black 5. The finish on that thing almost seemed to just fall off. The bezel looked like trash when I upgraded. None of my other phones ever did that.

My 4s took several naked falls onto concrete, you could hardly tell, and then it went through my 8 year old daughter, who still uses it. Looks great.

I'm hoping the gold 5s I have now hold up better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
We've seen many postings of new iPhone users treating there shiny new devices like a delicate painting without realizing how durable it truly is but we all learn in time how rugged and well build as well as elegant they really are

A marriage of Form and Function

It's a 650+ device. Yes I'm going to baby it. And after a year I'm happy to report not a single visible scratch as it's been in a case with a front and back film protector since day one and never been dropped.

xsendoux

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
You sure are a lucky one! Im now on my second iphone 5 (after warranty change), and my battery has always been bad. gotta say overall though great durability, since i drop mine quite often from 5 foot or so (butterfingers)