Does iPhone Durability Amaze You?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It does me! I use my iPhone 5 almost non stop during my waking hours. I'm retired and have been doing this for a year now on this phone. And with all the tiny gizmos and thingamabobs that make up the phone, it runs like a top with no problems at all. My home is filled with items in disrepair, but my iPhone is like new after one grueling year of use. Amazing!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It does me! I use my iPhone 5 almost non stop during my waking hours. I'm retired and have been doing this for a year now on this phone. And with all the tiny gizmos and thingamabobs that make up the phone, it runs like a top with no problems at all. My home is filled with items in disrepair, but my iPhone is like new after one grueling year of use. Amazing!

Yes, for sure. After 4 YEARS my iPod Touch still runs like brand new. No hardware problems, no issues with the screen, all buttons function perfectly. I have been using it every day for 4 years, and haven't had any major issues with it. iPhones are the same way too :)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It sure does, but it's what I've come to expect. My 4S which I had for a couple of years and now my 5S have both been problem free. No issues with buttons, screen, build quality or anything.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't amaze me nearly as much as my N64. I've had my N64 for about 17 years and it's still going strong! But yeah iPhone durability is awesome.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 5S and iPad Air are both amazing devices. They look good and stay looking good. I have both in a case, though. The phone itself performs the way it should every day. I never have a problem with it. Apple products in my experience don't break down like other electronic products.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't say that it amazes me, but I'm definitely well-pleased with it and how well it holds up for me...:)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to agree with you Ledsteplin. My Wife and I are on our iPhone5s's constantly as well as my Son (4s) and all three devices are problem free. I use to wonder why my battery life with my 5s wasn't as good as my previous devices and then I realized......because I never put it down except to sleep and.....SMILE

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
We've seen many postings of new iPhone users treating there shiny new devices like a delicate painting without realizing how durable it truly is but we all learn in time how rugged and well build as well as elegant they really are

A marriage of Form and Function

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't amaze me- it impresses me- thats why I continue to buy apple products in general. They are made to last which in todays world is a rare commodity

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
My iphone 5S functions great and only 1 scratch on the back of the device... But in the past a few of my other iPhones needed replacing due to faults. I had 1 original iphone (2007 model), 3 iphone 3G's, 1 iPhone 3GS. 2 iphone 4's

Sent from my iPhone 5S

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely.

While I've been playing with my new Lumia all weekend, my iPhone never leaves my side. And it lasts the entire day if I need it to. On weekend it regularly lasts an entire day.

As far as durability itself, I've NEVER had ONE SINGLE ISSUE with any if my iPhones. The only one that gave me a bit of trouble was the first one, the 3GS. I had to learn that no, it did not have the same battery life as my 9700, in part because I was ALWAYS on it.

But yeah....most trustworthy device in the last three years.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely.

While I've been playing with my new Lumia all weekend, my iPhone never leaves my side. And it lasts the entire day if I need it to. On weekend it regularly lasts an entire day.

As far as durability itself, I've NEVER had ONE SINGLE ISSUE with any if my iPhones. The only one that gave me a bit of trouble was the first one, the 3GS. I had to learn that no, it did not have the same battery life as my 9700, in part because I was ALWAYS on it.

But yeah....most trustworthy device in the last three years.

Sent from my beautiful Gold 64G iPhone 5s using the iMore Forums app

Which Lumia did you get?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm jealous. That was the one WP that I salivated over. Now that I switched a lot of my Google stuff over the Outlook and Microsoft services, the Lumia 1520 would be a great pick up. The only thing that would bother me would be the using Skype for video chat. Everyone I know uses either FaceTime or Hangouts.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It does! Amazing build quality.

I like the way Apple takes the approach while making their products - Keep it simple and durable with a great design!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes the fact that my daughter (who is 4) has had an iPad for a year with all her games on it and has not broken it yet is proof that they make good products. My kid breaks everything

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums