Do You Still Use A 3rd Party Flashlight App? Why Or Why Not?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I heard iOS 7 was coming with a built in flashlight on the control panel, I sent the developer of my flashlight app an email and told him I planned to continue using his app. He replied with a huge thanks. Why would I keep it? I like the features and is faster to open than pulling up the control panel. It really is a great flashlight app. It's simply called, "Light". It has what I call no nonsense features. You can make the screen completely dark while using it. I don't like having light from my screen shining back at me. Hiding the status bar is optional. Do you still use a 3rd party flashlight?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I never did. I use the built in flashlight on a regular basis though.
If you don't like light shining back at you, you can keep a black wallpaper on your camera roll and lower the panel and bring up the black screen from photos. I have this thing about if an intruder is in my house. When I shine my light at him, I don't want him to see me. :D

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you don't like light shining back at you, you can keep a black wallpaper on your camera roll and lower the panel and bring up the black screen from photos. I have this thing about if an intruder is in my house. When I shine my light at him, I don't want him to see me. :D

I have a 1600 lumen CREE LED flashlight for that reason. It also doubles as my rifle light too.

Back on topic, I never used a third party flashlight app and I have also never used the built in one either. I have so many torches laying about the house that I can always grab one. I have three sitting next to me at the moment for instance.

I go shooting a lot and most of my flashlights are able to be rail mounted.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used a third party Flashlight app until iOS places one in the Control Center, and now, that is the only one I use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1600 lumen CREE LED flashlight for that reason. It also doubles as my rifle light too.

Back on topic, I never used a third party flashlight app and I have also never used the built in one either. I have so many torches laying about the house that I can always grab one. I have three sitting next to me at the moment for instance.

I go shooting a lot and most of my flashlights are able to be rail mounted.
I have a decent flashlight. But I use it mostly outside. But I use my phone bedside. The other is too big. It also comes in handy in the car at night. Even with the inside lights on, it's hard to find that dime I dropped. :)

leanneverett95

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I always used to use a flashlight app but now one is built in I've never felt the need to download a 3rd party flashlight the built in flashlight is good enough! :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
There's no point with a stock flashlight in the software. & everything else Nikki said. Lol I said the same thing without reading your comment.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Deleted 3rd party one to free precious space from my phone :)
I use the one in the notification centre. Incase you don't want the screen light on your face, you can press the power/lock button on top immediately after turning on the flashlight from notification centre. The screen will go off and flashlight stays on.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Deleted 3rd party one to free precious space from my phone :)
I use the one in the notification centre. Incase you don't want the screen light on your face, you can press the power/lock button on top immediately after turning on the flashlight from notification centre. The screen will go off and flashlight stays on.

How much space could a flashlight really take up? Lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2