A light scratch adds character.
    I'm actually pretty anal about my device. I've just been real lucky so far.
    I used to feel that way too about scratches and cases. But the more phones I broke recently the more that attitude is changing. Lol
    Last edited by H A W K; 07-29-2014 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo
    07-29-2014 11:30 PM
    Good to hear you're okay with it. It makes your device unique! At least, that's what I've been telling myself.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Agreed. I thought about taking it to Best Buy because they'll swap it out with my insurance but it's really no big deal. Maybe one day I'll do it
    07-30-2014 12:11 AM
    I have an Otterbox defender series on 98% of the time. Not only does it give me peace of mind, but it also feels better in my hand.

07-30-2014 12:51 AM
    I get extremely pissed my iPad will be 2 years old this year and dust was under screen don't notice it much now but the small nick around bezel aggravates me my 4s has dust under screen too I learn to ignore any scratches or dents I'm pissed they stay in case and screen protector getting my 5s either r between November to December. Ain't feeling the 6
    07-30-2014 03:18 AM
    I get extremely pissed my iPad will be 2 years old this year and dust was under screen don't notice it much now but the small nick around bezel aggravates me my 4s has dust under screen too I learn to ignore any scratches or dents I'm pissed they stay in case and screen protector getting my 5s either r between November to December. Ain't feeling the 6
    Okay ........ You lost me there!
    07-30-2014 09:45 AM
    I'm EXTREMELY OCD about scratches, nicks, marks.ect. on my phones as well as my cases. YES I know I need HELP. In the psat I have purchased a new device because of a scratch and thats why I always protect them to the MAX (screen protector, back protector (especially my 5s) and case)...SMILE
    That's kind of insane don't you think? You never truly get to visually enjoy your device. Scratches do bother me to an extent, but I know I'll never be truly happy enjoying the design of my phone if I'm trying to cover everything on it.
    07-30-2014 12:15 PM
    That's kind of insane don't you think? You never truly get to visually enjoy your device. Scratches do bother me to an extent, but I know I'll never be truly happy enjoying the design of my phone if I'm trying to cover everything on it.
    Yea I know. I usually try and buy minimalistic cases and sometimes go without a case when I'm at home. I said I need help. SMILE
    07-30-2014 12:19 PM
    It's not really my thing, but some people are into it.
    07-31-2014 08:09 PM
    It's not really my thing, but some people are into it.
    Smh

07-31-2014 09:10 PM
    I love the thought of my Lifeproof having such protection from Water and Dirt. But this one tiny scratch, and the occasional dust inside the screen protector really kills me!
    Hate that dust gets inside thought it would be sealed!

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    ajl likes this.
    08-02-2014 03:17 PM
    What are you like when it comes to scratches, scuffs or marks on any of your devices, or their accessories?

I can be really nit picky when it comes to these things. Getting a scratch on a case's screen protector can bug me like crazy, and in my head I may even deem it unusable. But then again, if I have marks on the corners of my phone, but a case covers them? I can forget them really easily. It's weird, I know..

How about you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I am anal-retentive about just about everything.
    08-06-2014 09:53 AM
    I have got my first scratch on my 5S today!! But glad it's only 1 scratch as it bounced off a sharp rock and almost landed in the sea!! I was having an heart attack while it all happened in slow motion
    nikkisharif and Manny13840 like this.
    08-08-2014 03:14 PM
    Majorly. I'm anal about anything even on my screen protector or a mark on my case. I keep the phone in a case because I want to trade in for full retail.

08-17-2014 09:44 PM
    Majorly. I'm anal about anything even on my screen protector or a mark on my case. I keep the phone in a case because I want to trade in for full retail.

Exact same way here. except until recently, I didn't appreciate trade in value. I will now baby future devices like no other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-17-2014 10:11 PM
    I'm not happy about any marks on my devices. They all have cases and screen protectors. The thought of scuff marks on my device makes by blood run cold lol

Sent from my iPad
    08-18-2014 06:52 AM
    How anal am I?

It's the reason why my LG G3 is my 31st upgrade since 2009.

The 5S I have now is not my daily driver.

I remember my first Smart Phone the BlackBerry Bold 9000, I got out of my car and it fell from my lap. I sold it within a week.
    08-28-2014 10:54 AM
    Since I usaully get a new phone every year and sell the old one to fund the new one, I'm pretty careful with my phones. I can honestly say I have never dropped a phone I've ever owned.

Uh oh! I need to go and find some wood to knock on!
    09-07-2014 10:30 PM
    Expected something different going on here.

Anyhow, I'm crazy anal.
    I can't stand it when my devices are damaged, yet I don't want a case or screen protector either because it 'damages' the looks.

Read in another topic that some screen protectors are near invisible though so maybe I'll wisen up one day and get one of those.

So yeah, hate scratches yet don't do anything to prevent them. Bananas.
    09-08-2014 06:29 AM
    If I'm paying a premium price for something I am extremely anal.
    Scratches, dings, dents, dead pixels, they all drive me crazy.

I do my best to take care of and keep my electronics in excellent condition. Not only for longevity of the device, but for resale value as well.
    09-10-2014 06:51 PM
    Lifeproof nuud/fre or otterbox preserver for me. I used to have the g'zone phones so I just switch it up and don't worry
    09-10-2014 08:18 PM
70 123