How Anal Are You?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a few scratches on my screen and it's driving me insane! I have just installed a screen protector (badly) and now there are bubbles on my screen! I don't know which is worse!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a few scratches on my screen and it's driving me insane! I have just installed a screen protector (badly) and now there are bubbles on my screen! I don't know which is worse!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Bubbles will be the death of me..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Both are worse for me hahaha

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little OCD about my phone. Last week I noticed the screen click on my phone so I took it to the Genius Bar. He reseated the screen, said it was bad engineering and that it's not hurting the functionality of the phone. He offered to replace the phone but I said don't bother. (SN: I didn't really like his service but that's another story.)

Anyway, the next day I noticed scratches on the aluminum part of my phone. After a few minutes, I decided I did want a new phone. I went back and got a replacement. Not for the screen but for the scratches.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm a little OCD about my phone. Last week I noticed the screen click on my phone so I took it to the Genius Bar. He reseated the screen, said it was bad engineering and that it's not hurting the functionality of the phone. He offered to replace the phone but I said don't bother. (SN: I didn't really like his service but that's another story.)

Anyway, the next day I noticed scratches on the aluminum part of my phone. After a few minutes, I decided I did want a new phone. I went back and got a replacement. Not for the screen but for the scratches.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

I would of got the new phone right away

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
**** naked! No cover and no screen protector is the only way to go. But with that said, I am very protective and careful with my phone lol. I have an iPhone 5 and to this day it doesn't have a scratch or scuff on it.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I keep each iPhone in a case with a screen protector for the sole fact that I upgrade each launch day and want to fetch top dollar for the phone I'm selling.

That said, I only use a minimalist case and am anti cases like otterbox and lifeproof. To me they entirely defeat the sleek and aesthetic design of the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Depends on how new the phone is. If it's like a year old I don't care about the scratches and stuff

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I keep each iPhone in a case with a screen protector for the sole fact that I upgrade each launch day and want to fetch top dollar for the phone I'm selling.

That said, I only use a minimalist case and am anti cases like otterbox and lifeproof. To me they entirely defeat the sleek and aesthetic design of the phone.

I agree with anti Otterbox. But Lifeproof, sleek and waterproof. Can't get much better than that finn!

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Maybe thats the reason i dont like otter box and lifeproof which both i own but no longer use, through the lifeproof fre is slick and thin.. I do use the mophie air through for more battery... But i usually like it naked but with a screen protector

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe thats the reason i dont like otter box and lifeproof which both i own but no longer use, through the lifeproof fre is slick and thin.. I do use the mophie air through for more battery... But i usually like it naked but with a screen protector

A Mophie... Now THAT is a case I'd love to get my hands on.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any serious damage to a device but I got my first nick ever on my phone & I was ok. I'm shocked that I was so cool about it but I refuse to be stuck using a case all the time. To each their own though

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've never had any serious damage to a device but I got my first nick ever on my phone & I was ok. I'm shocked that I was so cool about it but I refuse to be stuck using a case all the time. To each their own though

Good to hear you're okay with it. It makes your device unique! At least, that's what I've been telling myself. :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I hated otter box until I got a galaxy. Now the defender on my iPhone feels normal just because of the galaxy's size

3neekimmy

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm DEFINITELY anal like it's pretty ridiculous. I literally sell and purchase a new phone if it has a scratch on the screen or a dent on the bezel no matter how minuscule, some people can't even see it.

Problem: My iPhone 5 came with that scuff issue and I barely survived 2 months with it, it bothered me so much it seemed like everything was going wrong with the silly phone (in my head of course). Solution: I gave it to my mom who needed an upgrade and is nowhere near as OCD as I am and got another device.

Problem: My first 5s had a dead pixel so I sent that back and the replacement SN began with "N" instead of the usual "M" that drove me nuts as it didn't match with the box so my resale value would've gone down not to mention it just didn't go well in my head. Solution: Again I palmed the lil guy off to my mom and bought myself a new 5s and now I'm happy well till I get a glass screen protector to protect them all.

Glad Im not alone with my OCD/anal behavior

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I like having a better grip with the Otterbox. It works better when I'm doing photo work. I don't get the same grip naked.