**** naked! No cover and no screen protector is the only way to go. But with that said, I am very protective and careful with my phone lol. I have an iPhone 5 and to this day it doesn't have a scratch or scuff on it.
    ajl and Manny13840 like this.
    07-28-2014 09:35 PM
    I keep each iPhone in a case with a screen protector for the sole fact that I upgrade each launch day and want to fetch top dollar for the phone I'm selling.

That said, I only use a minimalist case and am anti cases like otterbox and lifeproof. To me they entirely defeat the sleek and aesthetic design of the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-28-2014 09:39 PM
    Depends on how new the phone is. If it's like a year old I don't care about the scratches and stuff
    07-28-2014 11:20 PM
    I keep each iPhone in a case with a screen protector for the sole fact that I upgrade each launch day and want to fetch top dollar for the phone I'm selling.

That said, I only use a minimalist case and am anti cases like otterbox and lifeproof. To me they entirely defeat the sleek and aesthetic design of the phone.

I agree with anti Otterbox. But Lifeproof, sleek and waterproof. Can't get much better than that finn!
    07-28-2014 11:31 PM

Maybe thats the reason i dont like otter box and lifeproof which both i own but no longer use, through the lifeproof fre is slick and thin.. I do use the mophie air through for more battery... But i usually like it naked but with a screen protector

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    07-28-2014 11:45 PM
    Maybe thats the reason i dont like otter box and lifeproof which both i own but no longer use, through the lifeproof fre is slick and thin.. I do use the mophie air through for more battery... But i usually like it naked but with a screen protector

A Mophie... Now THAT is a case I'd love to get my hands on.
    donemt likes this.
    07-28-2014 11:49 PM
    I've never had any serious damage to a device but I got my first nick ever on my phone & I was ok. I'm shocked that I was so cool about it but I refuse to be stuck using a case all the time. To each their own though
    07-28-2014 11:51 PM
    You need to try it! Love that extra battery!

donemt likes this.
    07-28-2014 11:56 PM
    I've never had any serious damage to a device but I got my first nick ever on my phone & I was ok. I'm shocked that I was so cool about it but I refuse to be stuck using a case all the time. To each their own though
    Good to hear you're okay with it. It makes your device unique! At least, that's what I've been telling myself.

nikkisharif likes this.
    07-28-2014 11:59 PM
    You need to try it! Love that extra battery!

And I just might.

07-29-2014 12:00 AM

I hated otter box until I got a galaxy. Now the defender on my iPhone feels normal just because of the galaxy's size
    07-29-2014 12:51 AM
    I'm DEFINITELY anal like it's pretty ridiculous. I literally sell and purchase a new phone if it has a scratch on the screen or a dent on the bezel no matter how minuscule, some people can't even see it.

Problem: My iPhone 5 came with that scuff issue and I barely survived 2 months with it, it bothered me so much it seemed like everything was going wrong with the silly phone (in my head of course). Solution: I gave it to my mom who needed an upgrade and is nowhere near as OCD as I am and got another device.

Problem: My first 5s had a dead pixel so I sent that back and the replacement SN began with "N" instead of the usual "M" that drove me nuts as it didn't match with the box so my resale value would've gone down not to mention it just didn't go well in my head. Solution: Again I palmed the lil guy off to my mom and bought myself a new 5s and now I'm happy well till I get a glass screen protector to protect them all.

Glad Im not alone with my OCD/anal behavior
    07-29-2014 02:23 AM
    I work my but off to buy these amazing apple products hence I take great care of them and keep them in emasculate condition.
    I'm very anal.
    07-29-2014 07:42 AM
    You know your avatar isn't central.... ?
    07-29-2014 09:35 AM

I like having a better grip with the Otterbox. It works better when I'm doing photo work. I don't get the same grip naked.
    HAWK likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:58 AM
    I have an OtterBox and a Lifeproof Nuud but I use my Mophie Juice mostly because I need my iPhone always charged. Get one ( Mophie ) you won't regret it

07-29-2014 11:08 AM
    I don't care almost at all. I use a bumper on my phone most of the time now because I've become prone to dropping my phone lately. I dropped my 5S straight on its face the other day without the bumper and luckily nothing happened to it. Scratches and scuffs are fine with me. It's just a phone.
    ajl and nikkisharif like this.
    07-29-2014 01:55 PM
    I like having a better grip with the Otterbox. It works better when I'm doing photo work. I don't get the same grip naked.
    Agree
    07-29-2014 03:56 PM
    I love the thought of my Lifeproof having such protection from Water and Dirt. But this one tiny scratch, and the occasional dust inside the screen protector really kills me!
    Manny13840 likes this.
    07-29-2014 06:34 PM
    I had the lifeproof fre for a three day trip to Wisconsin Dells and it worked like a charm. Not overly bulky as you all say. I'm just not a fan of all the ports being covered or the attached screen cover. I could never get used to it. But I'd use it on needed occasions.

ajl likes this.
    07-29-2014 07:17 PM
    I love the thought of my Lifeproof having such protection from Water and Dirt. But this one tiny scratch, and the occasional dust inside the screen protector really kills me!
    Thats why I gave up on the Lifeproof dust finds itself inside still when the case was supposed to be dust proof and sealed!

ajl likes this.
    07-29-2014 07:25 PM
    Thats why I gave up on the Lifeproof dust finds itself inside still when the case was supposed to be dust proof and sealed!

I'm about to give up on mine. I think I'll just keep it, to throw on my phone when I know I will be around water. Great case, but may need some improvements...
    07-29-2014 07:49 PM
    And I just might.

Definitely. I have 6 of them and they are great to get you through a long day of heavy use.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:00 PM
    If my device gets a scratch or scuff I wouldn't run out and get a new device. I usually keep my devices until it's time to upgrade.
    That's what AC+ is for lol! I get a scratch or scuff on it I use AC+ and get a brand new replacement.
    pr1nce likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:25 PM
    That's what AC+ is for lol! I get a scratch or scuff on it I use AC+ and get a brand new replacement.
    A light scratch adds character.
    I'm actually pretty anal about my device. I've just been real lucky so far.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:36 PM
70 123