When you get a scratch?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering how many of you, after getting a scratch on your iphone, decide to ditch using a case? For me, as soon as I notice a mark on my phones I always cease to use a case.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

billyboydoy

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
for me no matter how many scratches ,
i will change to new iphone every year so , no matter waht.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorta the same thing with me. I might get mad that my device got scratches, but then I start to forget about it. The only that that would bother me would be a cracked screen.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorta the same thing with me. I might get mad that my device got scratches, but then I start to forget about it. The only that that would bother me would be a cracked screen.

That would be the only thing to bother me profusely is a cracked screen or a deep scratch on my screen.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😁

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any scratches surprisingly using a four dollar gel case and pocketing it loosely but I can understand your logic. I don't plan on selling my 5s it's in for the long haul either as a Dev device or as a back up phone only my second keeper my first being a frankinpre2 so wear and tear shouldn't be an issue but a cracked screen is unexceptable

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll be keeping my 5 when I upgrade. I really need a smart backup. I sold my 4 when I got my 5. The only other cells I have are dumb. And my 5 has been in an Otterbox Defender since August. I've removed the case twice for cleaning. The 5 looked brand new last I saw it.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I once had a model she was a Ten but had bad breathe so I took her out seldomly

Along the same lines I suppose

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't worry about scratches. The only reason my phone is in a case. It is because of a shattered screen from a minimal drop, or I would be caseless.

Last edited:

CaptainSprk

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
That use to be me. But as soon as I noticed a scratch on my 5s I left it on. Mainly to prevent breaking it. It's so delicate. Currently using a life proof.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been in one of the two lifeproof cases or my otterbox preserver since I got it except for a few days in the otterbox defender. I don't worry about scratches

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Usually when I start to notice something on my phone like a scratch or a dent, it's tends to bother me in the beginning but after I just get use to it.. It's a phone can't keep it looking fresh forever and in time will upgrade anyways

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Knocking on wood, I don't have any scratches on my 5s yet, it is rarely without a case, but if there was a scratch I would still use a case to prevent more scratches

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The tiny scratch on my 5s only served to annoy me more. Scratches don't seem to bother me as much on my 5c devices.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
The tiny scratch on my 5s only served to annoy me more. Scratches don't seem to bother me as much on my 5c devices.

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.

How does the 5c compare with the 5s with getting scratches or dents? Are they more noticeable? Do you have more surface scratches etc?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
How does the 5c compare with the 5s with getting scratches or dents? Are they more noticeable? Do you have more surface scratches etc?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Thing is the scratches aren't as noticeable because the whole outer shell is the same color. The anodized aluminum of the 5s, it shows a different color when it gets scratches or dings. The 5c also feels a little heavier and I've dropped with with nothing noticeable in damage.

The 5s is very resilient though. Just shows dings and scratches more.

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Thing is the scratches aren't as noticeable because the whole outer shell is the same color. The anodized aluminum of the 5s, it shows a different color when it gets scratches or dings. The 5c also feels a little heavier and I've dropped with with nothing noticeable in damage.

The 5s is very resilient though. Just shows dings and scratches more.

Thank you for letting me know, a family member who is very clumsy is looking to upgrade their OLD iPhone 3GS :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for letting me know, a family member who is very clumsy is looking to upgrade their OLD iPhone 3GS :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S

The 5c feels the most similar to that phone and it's very resilient. I've done a full on drop out of my lap from a jeep...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner