Enabling "Erase Data" on passcode lock.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do any of you enable this security feature? I don't. I'm afraid I might have one too many and....well you get it. Seriously, I can see myself erasing my phones data by mistake. And I figure if someone goes 10 tries without success, I'll have tracked it with Find My iPhone. Do you enable this? If so, why?
y6ary9az.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I'm also scared my **** or something may manage to do 10 wrong attempts.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to, but not anymore. Heck, my iPhone is always in my possession AND because I have it passcode locked.

Mateus C

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't because I had already forgot the password and needed to set up everything again. Keep it off! You already have the option to erase the phone on iCloud.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Yep it's set.

The way the button/function should function is to lock you out after 10 tries, forcing you to connect to iTunes. Connecting to iTunes should reenable the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
No it was a default option on my old Palm device and I didn't like the fact that someone a child could possibly erase my data buy simply playing with it

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I do because my iPhone is my work line. I have a lot of stuff on there from customers and also from my job. I don't have any children, Nor do I let anyone else play with my device. So I think for me, It's okay.

For people who have kids or other people constantly messing with their devices, It's definitely a risk of losing all your stuff for no reason.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do any of you enable this security feature? I don't. I'm afraid I might have one too many and....well you get it. Seriously, I can see myself erasing my phones data by mistake. And I figure if someone goes 10 tries without success, I'll have tracked it with Find My iPhone. Do you enable this? If so, why?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/14/y6ary9az.jpg

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I use the pass code and Touch ID so no reason in my case and I always carry my phone with me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711