Has anyone ever lost their iPhone and never found it again or were miraculously returned to you without harm? What are some of your lost iPhone stories? Good and bad. What was the outcome?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    nikkisharif and taz323 like this.
    04-17-2014 01:47 AM
    Very good question, I haven't lost an iPhone yet, lucky I guess. Interested to see some of the stories.
    04-17-2014 02:09 AM
    Left my 3GS in a bathroom stall 2 years ago at work. Someone found it and sent a email blast asking if anyone lost a phone to come see her. She asked all kinds of questions before she handed it back only because the phone had no charge on it and she couldn't turn it on. I was very thankful to get it back but when I think about it everyone at my company carries an iPhone so who would want my old 3GS lol! I upgraded to the 4s right after that 😊

Sent by my fabulous silver 5s...
    04-17-2014 07:23 AM
    I personally have never lost a phone, but my friend once lost her 3G when it first came out. Left it on top of her backpack at school and it was taken from her when she turned her back, so I guess it was stolen. She taught me even years before I got my first iPhone to always either have one hand on it or 2 eyes on it at all times.

04-17-2014 08:05 PM
    America's most wanted tech is a smartphone

Thief's keep there eyes open for them

I never had mine stolen and hopefully never will
    04-17-2014 08:35 PM
    America's most wanted tech is a smartphone

Thief's keep there eyes open for them

I never had mine stolen and hopefully never will
    Keep Find My iPhone turned on so even if it gets stolen, the thief can't use it to get your personal data.
    04-17-2014 08:56 PM
    Keep Find My iPhone turned on so even if it gets stolen, the thief can't use it to get your personal data.
    There would have a hard time selling mine because it will still have my hand attached
    04-17-2014 09:04 PM
    There would have a hard time selling mine because it will still have my hand attached
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/ruby5abu.jpg
    Okay... I don't want to know where you got that. 😭
    04-17-2014 09:30 PM
    My iPhone 5 got stolen last summer at my other job. I had it charging inside and I was outside cleaning tables. When I was done, I checked on my phone and noticed it was missing. A short time later, I saw an iPhone 5 with the same case I had on my iPhone 5 (a black BookBook case and the phone was also the same color as mine). I don't know if it was a coincidence or if it was my phone.

04-17-2014 09:30 PM
    My iPhone 5 got stolen last summer at my other job. I had it charging inside and I was outside cleaning tables. When I was done, I checked on my phone and noticed it was missing. A short time later, I saw an iPhone 5 with the same case I had on my iPhone 5 (a black BookBook case and the phone was also the same color as mine). I don't know if it was a coincidence or if it was my phone.

So what happened?
    04-17-2014 09:31 PM

I remember that. You took it hard
    04-17-2014 09:32 PM
    So what happened?
    I never asked the person about it. I don't like confrontations. I just saved up my money and bought the 5S.

nikkisharif likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:36 PM
    I never asked the person about it. I don't like confrontations. I just saved up my money and bought the 5S.

I have to give your credit. If I lost my iPhone and someone was holding a similar one I would ask them since it's an expensive device. Sorry for your loss.
    nikkisharif and shief24 like this.
    04-17-2014 09:40 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/ruby5abu.jpg
    I want this!!! LOL
    kataran and iOS Gravity like this.
    04-17-2014 10:01 PM
    I never lost a phone but my daughter recently lost her iPod. We have no idea what happened to it. She has a 5C but she's upset about the iPod
    04-17-2014 10:06 PM
    I lost my 4s moving one year. I was so tired during the move I have no idea what happened to it. I was very disappointed. It did not take me long to get another one. The positive thing was that it was my excuse to upgrade.

nikkisharif likes this.
    04-17-2014 10:09 PM
    I lost my 4s moving one year. I was so tired during the move I have no idea what happened to it. I was very disappointed. It did not take me long to get another one. The positive thing was that it was my excuse to upgrade.

I guess it moved to a new home.
    04-17-2014 10:15 PM
    I want this!!! LOL
    No one would want to stay near me if I had one of them
    nikkisharif likes this.
    04-17-2014 10:16 PM
    No one would want to stay near me if I had one of them
    Exactly LOL
    04-17-2014 10:18 PM
    I never lost a phone but my daughter recently lost her iPod. We have no idea what happened to it. She has a 5C but she's upset about the iPod
    I can understand that. I was just telling a friend that I've never cried over a material item but if I lost my Mini I may shed 1 tear. 😪

04-17-2014 11:07 PM
    Never lost a phone but if I did good luck to them with activation lock .. Find my iPhone and my finger print id .. Lol I would track it down and could promise I would get it back one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iOS Gravity, jburke82 and taz323 like this.
    04-18-2014 03:31 AM
    I had and i4s and one day my son asked for a ride to his car so I went out to my truck and on my way the neighbour stopped me to show me something and I set my phone down on the rear bumper. I soon left and drove across the city and dropped the boy off at his car and then stopped at a grocery store to get some stuff, but decided to call the wife ....no phone. Searched like crazy, couldn't find it...called it using Onstar .... No ringing heard.
    I raced home and used the wife's iPhone to use the "locate my iphone" ...it came up on it so I drove to it....I made it across the city and on my last turn where my sons car was it had finally fell off on the road. It was ran over by this time but when I took the crushed otterbox case off it , the phone was unscathed!!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    thatgirl87 and iOS Gravity like this.
    04-18-2014 07:41 PM
    I had and i4s and one day my son asked for a ride to his car so I went out to my truck and on my way the neighbour stopped me to show me something and I set my phone down on the rear bumper. I soon left and drove across the city and dropped the boy off at his car and then stopped at a grocery store to get some stuff, but decided to call the wife ....no phone. Searched like crazy, couldn't find it...called it using Onstar .... No ringing heard.
    I raced home and used the wife's iPhone to use the "locate my iphone" ...it came up on it so I drove to it....I made it across the city and on my last turn where my sons car was it had finally fell off on the road. It was ran over by this time but when I took the crushed otterbox case off it , the phone was unscathed!!!

Wow! Talk about being lucky. I'm going to get an Otterbox.
    04-19-2014 12:48 AM
    Wow! Talk about being lucky. I'm going to get an Otterbox.
    Everyone complains about the otterbox being big and cumbersome and I agree at times it is, but for some reason it took what it took. When we seen it all I was hoping for was to at least retrieve the sim out of it so I could reuse it....imagine my surprise when it was in perfect shape. Really wish I would have taken a picture of the case before I took it off.
    I also believe it was the rubber on the case that held it on the bumper so long as well because there was a lot of turns on my route to its location. While saying this, my iPhone 5s didn't fair so well in an otterbox case when it was lost in a parking lot full of gravel...yes lost it the same way, put my coffee cup and phone on my tonneau cover while loading something's in the truck and forgot them...back out and left. I noticed a few minutes later and returned while looking for my cup...sure enough the phone wasn't to far away. It was in a gravel parking lot and it was actually bent due to partially laying on a rock. So circumstance defiantly played a part in its survival.

04-19-2014 12:59 AM
    Wife was supposed to pick me up from the car dealer as I was having it serviced for the day. She was loading the kids in the car and put the phone on top and drove off. She made it a ways before she noticed but had to get somewhere in the meantime so kept going. She called me about an hour later with what happened and hung up before I could tell her I was able to track it. Hung up and tracked it, waiting an hour before she got there so I could tell her I knew where it was. I had lost contact with the phone about 10 min after she contacted me earlier so I was helpless waiting for her to get there with no way to contact her. Either the phone was picked up and turned off or who knows what. We made our way to where Find My iPhone had told me it was last and walked for a bit before I spotted it. It was there but had lost contact because it was in the road and eventually run over. Thanks to Find My iPhone I was able to locate it before it met its demise. And thanks to AppleCare+ we were able to get if replaced that day.
    Lost iPhone Horror/Happy Stories.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1399217255.107746.jpg
    kataran likes this.
    05-04-2014 11:28 AM
28 12