Are you really content with the iPhone?

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had every iPhone since the 3G and I am about 99% content with iOS. The 1% in me gets bored and feels the need to try something different. I recently bought a Nexus 6 as a companion device to my iPhone 6+ which still remains my daily driver. I will never not have an iPhone as it truly is the most dependable device out there. Apple support is another huge plus, they take care of their customers.

ihelp77

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with the iPhone 5S...I do wish I had more storage and there are some apps that are using a lot of data on the phone. It's been better lately but still using too much data for my liking.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am now even more content with the iPhone than I was before. I recently tried out a Moto X 2014 (still have it) and was using it as a daily driver for about 2 weeks. I really was liking it, but there were small things about the phone that made me a little irritated.

The first was the inconsistent battery life. I could sometimes get 2 1/2 - 3 hours of screen on time, while others I would be struggling to get 1 1/2 hours. Another thing related to the battery was its weird standby times. I would get into a standard 8 hour school day, use my phone for maybe 45 minutes SOT, and be down to 60% battery by 3 P.M. With my iPhone 6, I can use the phone for 45 minutes to 1 hour screen on time and after 8 hours, I still have 75-80%.

The next was the camera. Although I don't take pictures often, the times when I needed it most, it didn't perform well. It would be blurry, over expose, and wash out tons of pictures. The iPhone is always super consistent in the camera department.

Overall, I am more satisfied with the iPhone than ever. Before I really liked it, but now I like it even more. The iPhone always delivers with consistent performance and solid features, which is something I wish many Android phones could do. The Moto X is still one of my favorite phones ever, but the iPhone is still the best in my opinion. :)

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Even though the iPhone 6+ is a nice phone I'm less content than I thought I'd be, than I have been in the past with iPhones.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am more content with the 6 Plus and iOS 8 than I have been with any other iPhone. I have had everyone since the 4 came to Verizon. I have jumped phones a lot since then. I appreciate all the operating systems for something that they do better than the others. This is the longest that I have had a phone in about 4 years so I guess that says something. I don't have any other phones right now. I will probably pick up one of the android phones that come out this year but I don't know that I will switch from the 6 plus as my daily driver. My whole family is on iPhone and most friends as well. It works and the benefits out weigh any issues I may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am more content with the 6 Plus and iOS 8 than I have been with any other iPhone. I have had everyone since the 4 came to Verizon. I have jumped phones a lot since then. I appreciate all the operating systems for something that they do better than the others. This is the longest that I have had a phone in about 4 years so I guess that says something. I don't have any other phones right now. I will probably pick up one of the android phones that come out this year but I don't know that I will switch from the 6 plus as my daily driver. My whole family is on iPhone and most friends as well. It works and the benefits out weigh any issues I may have.

Add a Note 4 or Noted Edge to your 6+ and you will once again Know the Power of the Dark Side.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Add a Note 4 or Noted Edge to your 6+ and you will once again Know the Power of the Dark Side.

Lol. That's actually what I am looking at doing. I have had the Note 2 & 3. They are great phones. Not perfect, but I love the S Pen. Whenever I read about someone having a Note and not using the S Pen, I just don't get it. I know everyone is different so I don't judge. I just used that thing a lot. It's very useful with so many things.

Now I just need to find one at a decent price.

Nakia Johnson1

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My first IPhone was the IPhone 3GS in 2010, then after that I upgrade to the IPhone 4 in 2011, now I have a IPhone 5c in 2015. It is nice to have a apple product again ^_^

gregoron

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I came from Windows Phone with the Nokia 925. Before that I had the Nokia 710, and the Nokia E55 prior. Yes, I was a Nokia fan. I left Windows Phone for this iPhone 5c I'm using now mainly for business reasons. I couldn't find the app on WP that I need for work.

So far I've been pleased with my 5c. I like the smaller 4" screen versus the 4.5" with the N925. I wouldn't go over 4" since I have a tablet for media consumption anyways.

Another thing that surprised me is the 5c's camera. I think it's better than the 925 in terms of color saturation. The colors just pop and is warmer with the 5c where the 925 seemed washed out and cold. I dare say that the 5s went the same direction with color fidelity as the 925. It's truer to life, but I prefer a more saturated look similar to the National Geographic color style.

I think I'll be happy with this phone for the next year or two. I just hope Apple continues to make average size phones too and tweak the camera's color temperature towards warmer tones.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Android is my preferred OS, but the iPhone 5s is my preferred phone. If I could just build a phone exactly how I wanted it, it would have Android on it.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely, use to actually despise iOS when the 4 dropped. Tried the 5 out, thought it was actually to small & converted back to Android. After several years with Android, I was tired of the poor battery life, constant lag & crashes. I looked into iOS again when the iPhone 6's where launched. I went to the local Apple Store & tried one, was sold on it immediately. Sold my HTC One M8 & purchased the 6+. I still like Android though, currently use a Note 4 as well.

Tapatalk'n On The  IPhone 6+

anon(785719)

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I use a lot of Google apps and wish they would have made the nexus 6 around 5.5 inches. I think that phone would have been pretty nice because it would have been a tad smaller than the 6 plus.

However, other than battery issues (battery life and lack of wireless charging) I am completely happy with my iPhone 5s. I think it does everything extremely well and is quick/responsive. The little things like Touch ID, continuity and iMessage/text forwarding/ call forwarding on my iPad keep this phone being a joy to use.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am content for now. Over the past few months a switched from the 6 plus to the Moto X, Note 4 , Xperia Z3, iPhone 5s and S5. Recently I switched back to the iPhone 6. I always try different devices but end up with the iPhone in the end. I love how it works. Almost all apps look and function amazing.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I am content with my 6 plus but you might think I'm crazy, but I'm considering buying a blackberry classic to try out aswell.

I sort of have the same issue. I only have a 5S, but find myself going back and forth with my Blackberry (Z30). I think this is fairly common between BlackBerry and Apple, not so much with Android.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I started off with Windows Mobile, moved to Blackberry then Android, Back to Blackberry, back to Android, then to Windows Phone, then got an iPhone 4S used that until January of this year, went back to Windows Phone then back to my 4S in May. Now with Apple Music launching tomorrow along with Apple Pay in the UK I was going to switch to the 6 or 6 Plus when my contract upgrade was ready, but received a new 6 Plus in Gold on Saturday.

I'm very happy with the iPhone ecosystem and never had any issues with crashing unlike my wife with her Samsung Galaxy SV Mini.

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
To me, the best thing about iOS is the ecosystem that accompanies it. I can always, easily, find accessories.

I also love find my iPhone/iPod/iPad/Mac comes in useful when my son ether uses my iPod or wife's old iPhone 4S and we don't know where they are.

I also like how there is a never ending list of Cases, Covers & Wallets for devices even before the Phone has been out for a week.

Roland

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2