Are you really content with the iPhone?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Since switching back a couple days ago I seem to have trimmed the fat out of a lot of stuff that I used to review throughout the day on my phone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Really? I think the iPhone has one of the better phone cameras out there.

Yes, really. It is good, not GREAT, in ideal light, but is atrocious in lower lighting, needs better zoom capability, and would fare well with higher resolution than it has currently. Given that so many people use their cameras, make it significantly better, not passably improved.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, really. It is good, not GREAT, in ideal light, but is atrocious in lower lighting, needs better zoom capability, and would fare well with higher resolution than it has currently. Given that so many people use their cameras, make it significantly better, not passably improved.

I can respect that! One of the best on the market for my needs I reckon!

Sakroz

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still using iPhone 4, it's been 4 years and it served me well. Never once I've thought of wanting another device. Now that it's dying I had a look around for Android and Windows phones as well. After much thought I've decided to stick with iPhone due to previous bad experience of Android and Nexus 7 combo and reading articles, user complaints of Windows App store.

For me the reason has been always been the app quality of iOS first. I think iOS kinda boring but works well. So I think, yeah, I'm content. :)

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
See, what helped me realizing of being content with the iPhone was actually experimenting with Android.

I've been with the iPhone since it's introduction, then I was curious about Android. I played with it many times, but it's never was my primary device.

Took a tour with the Note 3 for about a month, take note (no pun attended)... The Note 3 is a beast of a phone. But at the end of the day... I prefer the iPhone & everything that Apple provides with it.

I can honestly say I'm glad there is competition because it only helps Apple to build a better iPhone.

This. I had a S4. I had the two week honeymoon with the device, but that began to wear off. Three months later, the 5s came out and I ditched Samdroid. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
There for awhile I jumped from iPhone to Blackberry devices so many times I lost count...but after trying to get along with the new BB OS10, and their new touchscreen devices...it was so comforting to come back to what I know just flat "works", and that's the iPhone & iOS. It does everything I need a device to do, and does it simply & smoothly, for the most part. I'm still getting some app freezing & some weird app glitches with iOS8...but that will come to an end soon I'm sure. I'm pretty comfortable, and don't see any need to switch phones any more.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I for some reason can't understand why or how someone can buy those windows phones. Opinions are opinions and mine are not the same views as everyone's but when I pick up a Windows phone it feels so.... Cheap and just.... Not right

I waited a long time to get a Windows phone. I now have this Lumia. Feels SOLID and the screen is gorgeous.

Very happy with it. Build is excellent.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I waited a long time to get a Windows phone. I now have this Lumia. Feels SOLID and the screen is gorgeous.

Very happy with it. Build is excellent.

I couldn't adjust to WP's OS. The devices themselves were very nice and had good build quality.
I can't really think of getting the iPhone 6 either though to be honest. I'm getting my 5s back though soon as my guy is going back to Android.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually I'm enjoying the Lumia 1520. Very nice companion to my iPhone 6. My trifecta of awesome devices will be complete with the Note 4.

But......my iPhone 6 is the one that is absolutely non negotiable. My Precious.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm enjoying the Lumia 1520. Very nice companion to my iPhone 6. My trifecta of awesome devices will be complete with the Note 4.

But......my iPhone 6 is the one that is absolutely non negotiable. My Precious.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Three devices, now that sounds like fun.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I don't think the iPhone is the best smartphone ever but I do know it's the perfect smartphone for me

Used to be all blackberry untill I purchased my iPhone 4

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I say iPhone runs much cleaner the apps are safe where on the android there not, the operating system is much better on the iPhone I pad but everyone has there own opinion

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am more than content -- I LOVE the iPhone! Super happy with the 6+. Was a die-hard Blackberry fan forever and had no desire to try the iPhone because I loved the keyboard on the BB, the email setup and the customized alerts/profiles and most of all, when the first iPhones came out my cousin had one and I think she said they didn't have cut/copy/paste and MMS/photo texting. And I think no flash on her camera? I can't remember now since it's been a while. One thing I didn't like on the BB was the browser.

Anyway, we finally made the switch to the iPhone (by now everything else we had was Apple) with the 4S launch (and all the things I mentioned above were a thing of the past.) Sometimes I still wish flash player was available on the iPhone but that's not such a big deal anymore.

I love my 6+ and I wouldn't trade it for any other phone! :)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Right now I have a massive dilemma. I really want to get the 6 but I am concerned that I won't like it. I've loved my 5c but the phone is showing a slow down with iOS 8.0.2. I put that on my original 5c in hopes that it worked well so I would upgrade my daily driver 5c. However, With the slow down I've kept it on 7.1.2 with the JB. I really want Swype and the ability to use widgets as well on my daily driver (Okay, I R E A L L Y want Swype for my daily.. Like bad).

I'm so conflicted here and wish I could of stayed blissfully happy with my 5c ♥. \(?_?)/

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have a massive dilemma. I really want to get the 6 but I am concerned that I won't like it. I've loved my 5c but the phone is showing a slow down with iOS 8.0.2. I put that on my original 5c in hopes that it worked well so I would upgrade my daily driver 5c. However, With the slow down I've kept it on 7.1.2 with the JB. I really want Swype and the ability to use widgets as well on my daily driver (Okay, I R E A L L Y want Swype for my daily.. Like bad).

I'm so conflicted here and wish I could of stayed blissfully happy with my 5c . \(?_?)/

I don't have any issues on my 5 with iOS 8.0.2. Have you tried starting the phone as a new device? I'm upgrading to a 6+ for the screen. I don't feel like my 5 is insufficient performance-wise at all. I know the 5S and 6 will be faster, but my 5 is fine. I can't imagine the experience between 5 and 5C to be much different.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any issues on my 5 with iOS 8.0.2. Have you tried starting the phone as a new device? I'm upgrading to a 6+ for the screen. I don't feel like my 5 is insufficient performance-wise at all. I know the 5S and 6 will be faster, but my 5 is fine. I can't imagine the experience between 5 and 5C to be much different.

I always start it as a new iPhone. I've never restored from a back up honestly. I make it hard on myself. LOL

On a serious note though, It's definitely hitting a performance snag for me. The lag is tiny but it's certainly noticeable. I'm headed down to the Apple Store right now to weigh my options and just kind of weigh them out. I will keep my 5c but I do want to see what is available for me to think on.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I always start it as a new iPhone. I've never restored from a back up honestly. I make it hard on myself. LOL

On a serious note though, It's definitely hitting a performance snag for me. The lag is tiny but it's certainly noticeable. I'm headed down to the Apple Store right now to weigh my options and just kind of weigh them out. I will keep my 5c but I do want to see what is available for me to think on.

Enjoy the 6! ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen