Are you really content with the iPhone?

plot_almighty

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I will. The wife's pregnant and I know I won't be able to swap devices like I have in the past. So, if I'm gonna use the same device everyday I'd prefer it be an iPhone!

First congrats. Second I'm in a similar boat. Loved device swapping, but while I firmly believe the iPhone is great, if I'm going to be stuck on a device for a long time my tech heart is given to Windows Phone 8.1. Fortunately for me the wife agreed to one last swap so I'll be getting her beautiful Lumia 920 and she'll be getting my 5S.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
First congrats. Second I'm in a similar boat. Loved device swapping, but while I firmly believe the iPhone is great, if I'm going to be stuck on a device for a long time my tech heart is given to Windows Phone 8.1. Fortunately for me the wife agreed to one last swap so I'll be getting her beautiful Lumia 920 and she'll be getting my 5S.

Hey at least the 5S will still be in the family lol

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Currently 50% content I guess?
I've just switched to Iphone 5s for 3 days, from Lumia. So far pros and cons:
What I miss:
-Live Tiles: Can show you lots of thing without having to open the apps
-Cortana: Still not get used to Siri
-Bigger screen
-Double tap to wake: Seriously Apple please add this!
-Glance: wave your hand on the phone screen clock and notifications show up! No pressing and saving battery!
-Home button: I hate pressing the phone button on Iphone they should make it like Lumia so you don?t have to press it over and over resulting in broken after a time. Just tap it is enough.
-People: Link people?s contact to Facebook and Skype so you can stalk them :p
-Better Multitasking
-Stronger wifi-catching
What I gain:
-Smaller and lighter phone: It fits my grip so nice because I have small hands.
-Better keyboard
-Digging QuickType and SwiftKey: yeah MS have Swipe build-in but it?s superior on Iphone
-Apps I need when I need it, with great interface, good quality and load really fast. Get sick of missing apps in WP store.
-Touch ID!!!
-Syncing wonderfully with my MBP
-Games
-No lagging, automatically quitting, randomly freezing, snailspeed loading
-Don?t have to hard reset repeatedly and hope for the best when something don?t work BECAUSE EVERYTHING WORKS LOL XD

Seriously? The only thing I like more about windows phone is the keyboard. Best smartphone keyboard around.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? The only thing I like more about windows phone is the keyboard. Best smartphone keyboard around.

I for some reason can't understand why or how someone can buy those windows phones. Opinions are opinions and mine are not the same views as everyone's but when I pick up a Windows phone it feels so.... Cheap and just.... Not right

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I for some reason can't understand why or how someone can buy those windows phones. Opinions are opinions and mine are not the same views as everyone's but when I pick up a Windows phone it feels so.... Cheap and just.... Not right

The hardware on the 930 doesn't feel cheap at all.

Otherwise I agree 100%. The hardware on all other windows phones feels "cheap". Also the software feels cheap to me too (except for the workflow keyboard. Amazing. Cortina is really good too but for me personally it's no more useful than Siri and sill not as good as Google Now). Most of the apps on WP are so half assed it's not even funny.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The hardware on the 930 doesn't feel cheap at all.

Otherwise I agree 100%. The hardware on all other windows phones feels "cheap". Also the software feels cheap to me too (except for the workflow keyboard. Amazing. Cortina is really good too but for me personally it's no more useful than Siri and sill not as good as Google Now). Most of the apps on WP are so half assed it's not even funny.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess... I know id personally rather use a flip phone then one of those Nokia phones.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess... I know id personally rather use a flip phone then one of those Nokia phones.

I guess it is because I'd rather use a lumia 930 or even a 925 more than an iPhone 6 in just terms of hardware. Both such well made and premium feeling phones in my opinion.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess it is because I'd rather use a lumia 930 or even a 925 more than an iPhone 6 in just terms of hardware. Both such well made and premium feeling phones in my opinion.

To each his own, everyone has their own wants and needs, for me its the iPhone and at this moment in time it's the iPhone 6. For me the iPhone just works and looks good while doing it.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Yeah it's like they say one mans trash is another mans gold. The fact we have the ability to choose between such high end technology and sometimes run a few at the same time, while complaining about certain aspects means life is good

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
To each his own, everyone has their own wants and needs, for me its the iPhone and at this moment in time it's the iPhone 6. For me the iPhone just works and looks good while doing it.

I indeed use an iPhone myself. I was just trying to say that even though the majority of windows phones feel "cheap" (software and hardware both) they do have some real gems.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I indeed use an iPhone myself. I was just trying to say that even though the majority of windows phones feel "cheap" (software and hardware both) they do have some real gems.

I agree, I think they all have their good and bad points. and that everyone should use whats is best for them. Me, I'm one of those people that tends to stick with what works best for me.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I think they all have their good and bad points. and that everyone should use whats is best for them. Me, I'm one of those people that tends to stick with what works best for me.

Same here. Just grew tired of switching phones too often...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish they'd get better cameras, and let me arrange the home screen how I want, but otherwise, I am pretty content, yes.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Really? I think the iPhone has one of the better phone cameras out there.

You think that because it's true. The only cameras that compete at the moment are the Xperia Z3, Lumia 1020, and maybe the Lumia 930. I remember the LG G2 also having an amazing camera.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
You think that because it's true. The only cameras that compete at the moment are the Xperia Z3, Lumia 1020, and maybe the Lumia 930. I remember the LG G2 also having an amazing camera.

S5 competes quite well in good lighting conditions. Dark light it sucks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice