Are you really content with the iPhone?

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just came back to using an iPhone as my daily driver recently from Android, and I'm pretty content minus a few features that iOS 8 will eventually bring.

I used to use iPhone as my daily driver years back, but switched after some years. While using other platforms, I still have iPhones around to keep myself up to date with the latest though. Not missing much so far despite still using loads of Google's services. Helps that iOS has decent Google support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I used to think that the people went for iphone because of the "apple" label. but I bought an iphone4 a year ago and the experience has been awesome. I was pretty peeved when I realised there was no Bluetooth feature but apart from that, I am never going to go for another brand again.

The iPhone 4 has Bluetooth.. And believe me, if you find the iPhone 4 to give you a good experience, try using an iPhone 5 or higher! I owned a iPod touch 5, and iPad Mini 1, (both have the same processor and RAM) and I am blown away by how much fast, and how much better multitasking is on my iPhone 5. And mind you, the iPhone 5 is almost two years old!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
THIS! THIS! THIS!

And this... I'm usually a few months behind. Like right now I'm trying to take a look at all the 2013 flagships that I've not touched. I've used an S4 and a Moto X. Currently using the G2 but I see a few reviewers stating in their reviews that an HTC One is a phone that if they had to sign a contract they could use for 2 years so I want to try that now. :( haha

I think it all comes down to OS preference at this point. If what you use is what you like and are comfortable with, then it makes sense. I really like both iOS and Android. I'd just like some more customization on iOS and a little more fluidity between the OS and apps on Android (plus a phone that has it all - I'm looking at you M8 with your 4 mp camera).

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Same for me actually. Because of my need to continue to run some Google's services, my choice is pretty much down to just Android and iOS. But if i didn't, i could probably live with Windows Phone too. Other than that, it is just personal preference.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Same for me actually. Because of my need to continue to run some Google's services, my choice is pretty much down to just Android and iOS. But if i didn't, i could probably live with Windows Phone too. Other than that, it is just personal preference.

Windows Phone is one platform that I would love to try. Now that I have switched services, there really is only one reason why I wouldn't switch and that's video chat. Everyone I know has either an iPhone or an Android device. That means for video chat, I use either Hangouts or FaceTime. With an iPhone, I have the best of both worlds; I can video chat with everyone I know. With an Android device, I just have to tell my iPhone user contacts to download Hangouts, which most of them have anyway so they can video chat with other friends who have Android. However, Windows Phone uses Skype. And no one I know uses that service for video chat. So I would have to convince everyone I know to sign up for Skype just to be able to video chat with me. And that's not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would be very content with my 5S if it just had a bigger screen. I have vision problems and really really need a bigger screen. Other than that I love the phone.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it all comes down to OS preference at this point. If what you use is what you like and are comfortable with, then it makes sense. I really like both iOS and Android. I'd just like some more customization on iOS and a little more fluidity between the OS and apps on Android (plus a phone that has it all - I'm looking at you M8 with your 4 mp camera).

There are some hardware features that also separate the iPhone and other iOS devices apart from the competition that I really enjoy. I like the home button a lot. Onscreen buttons on Android are cool, but the home button is just so convenient for me. Yes I know it makes the bottom bezel bigger, but I like it there. Touch ID works flawlessly and keeps my phone secure. I love the charging port. The lightning port being reversible makes a lot of sense. So when I'm in the dark about to go to bed and I need to put the phone on the charger, I don't have to worry about damaging it by putting it in the wrong way. And I don't have to worry about the kids damaging their iPads by putting the charger in the wrong way. I like how fast my iPhone charges as well. 10 minutes on the charger can provide a lot of juice on the iPhone. I like the physical vibrate/mute switch. It is also very convenient. Maybe people may not care about this next hardware feature, but it matters to me. The iPhone 5S sits flush on a table. There is no camera bulge or curve in the back. So if I want to type/tap on the screen while my phone sits on a table or desk, it isn't a problem. The last thing would be the accessories. I have mentioned this before in numerous posts, but I can always find accessories for my iOS devices and a multitude of them for any purpose.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
There are some hardware features that also separate the iPhone and other iOS devices apart from the competition that I really enjoy. I like the home button a lot. Onscreen buttons on Android are cool, but the home button is just so convenient for me. Yes I know it makes the bottom bezel bigger, but I like it there. Touch ID works flawlessly and keeps my phone secure. I love the charging port. The lightning port being reversible makes a lot of sense. So when I'm in the dark about to go to bed and I need to put the phone on the charger, I don't have to worry about damaging it by putting it in the wrong way. And I don't have to worry about the kids damaging their iPads by putting the charger in the wrong way. I like how fast my iPhone charges as well. 10 minutes on the charger can provide a lot of juice on the iPhone. I like the physical vibrate/mute switch. It is also very convenient. Maybe people may not care about this next hardware feature, but it matters to me. The iPhone 5S sits flush on a table. There is no camera bulge or curve in the back. So if I want to type/tap on the screen while my phone sits on a table or desk, it isn't a problem. The last thing would be the accessories. I have mentioned this before in numerous posts, but I can always find accessories for my iOS devices and a multitude of them for any purpose.

I hear ya on a lot of those fronts. I like each and everything you've said there. I'm still debating on what I'm going to do with iOS. I like it a lot, but I still miss the customization and freedom that Android provides. I'm still thinking that I need to find one and stick with it for the long haul, and quit the over-spending on tech gadgets. I've said this in threads before, that I really don't like how the alarm volume isn't separate from the system volume. And how if you have vibrate for everything on, it vibrates for your alarm, too. This really should be changed. I also don't like how I can't get Google+ and Carousel to back up my photos and videos without opening them up, even though I have location on for both. There are little nitpicky things that I don't like with iOS that I miss from Android.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya on a lot of those fronts. I like each and everything you've said there. I'm still debating on what I'm going to do with iOS. I like it a lot, but I still miss the customization and freedom that Android provides. I'm still thinking that I need to find one and stick with it for the long haul, and quit the over-spending on tech gadgets. I've said this in threads before, that I really don't like how the alarm volume isn't separate from the system volume. And how if you have vibrate for everything on, it vibrates for your alarm, too. This really should be changed. I also don't like how I can't get Google+ and Carousel to back up my photos and videos without opening them up, even though I have location on for both. There are little nitpicky things that I don't like with iOS that I miss from Android.

I wonder why photos and videos don't backup automatically on Google+ or Dropbox? They do on iCloud though. I also have to stop spending money on tech gadgets. I have settled on iOS devices for the time being .

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder why photos and videos don't backup automatically on Google+ or Dropbox? They do on iCloud though. I also have to stop spending money on tech gadgets. I have settled on iOS devices for the time being .

Yeah, I can't figure it out. I'm thinking about uninstalling and loading them up again. We have enough crap to spend money on, that I would save money by even upgrading once a year on iOS. It would still be cheaper than the every three to six month cycle I'm on with Android.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I have no clue. They do if I open up the apps, but nothing will run in the background. And the alarm issue is just something that really irks me. Might not be a huge issue to some, but I don't like it. I'm still up in the air - but it's to the point where I don't know if I would be completely content with any device.

bwillard92

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Like others have stated I have switched between Android and iOS quite a few times and always wind up using iOS again. I never owned an iPhone until the 5C but I had always had an iPod Touch until then and used a dumb phone for making calls.

I went through a few android phones and a Windows Lumia before settling on my current iPhone 5C.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Like others have stated I have switched between Android and iOS quite a few times and always wind up using iOS again. I never owned an iPhone until the 5C but I had always had an iPod Touch until then and used a dumb phone for making calls.

I went through a few android phones and a Windows Lumia before settling on my current iPhone 5C.

What was your experience with WP?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What was your experience with WP?

Allow me to squeeze in here lol.

I came from a Lumia 900 and 820. Loved both, buttery smooth OS and quick, neat Live Tiles as well.

My problem was a lack of critical apps (many of which are now there).

Also my Google services were a mess on there and interfacing got complicated. It's possible some of that may have workarounds now.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Last edited:

bwillard92

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Allow me to squeeze in here lol.

I came from a Lumia 900 and 820. Loved both, buttery smooth OS and quick, neat Live Tiles as well.

My problem was a lack of critical apps (many of which are now there).

Also my Google services were a mess on there and interfacing got complicated. It's possible some of that may have workarounds now.
This is basically how I felt about the Windows phone. The lack of apps was really what I hated the most though.

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
This is probably going to sound too cliche..but I consider my phone an extension of me. You guys should see how I get if I miss place it somewhere...(wife does that for kicks sometimes)

Transmitted from my iPhone 5s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice