Are you really content with the iPhone?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One of the things that people don't talk enough about are the accessories that come along with iOS devices. You can always find anything you want. It was one of the things that was a little frustrating with my Nexus devices. There wasn't a large selection of accessories available for them when I purchased them. I can find iPhone and iPad stuff anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One of the things that people don't talk enough about are the accessories that come along with iOS devices. You can always find anything you want. It was one of the things that was a little frustrating with my Nexus devices. There wasn't a large selection of accessories available for them when I purchased them. I can find iPhone and iPad stuff anywhere.

though I'm going naked I'm noticing the same thing with my G2 that I just got! seems after a few months with a lot of android device the only way to get good accessories is to order online!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
though I'm going baked I'm noticing the same thing with my G2 that I just got! seems after a few months with a lot of android device the only way to get good accessories is to order online!

And that can be a problem at times, because for some things, I would like to see them in person before I purchase them. If you buy a Nexus phone, the only store you can go to and buy accessories for it is at T-Mobile and they usually don't carry a large selection.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
And that can be a problem at times, because for some things, I would like to see them in person before I purchase them. If you buy a Nexus phone, the only store you can go to and buy accessories for it is at T-Mobile and they usually don't carry a large selection.

seeing items in person is definitely a plus for the g2 because the Verizon has a different rear button configuration!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Really? I didn't know that. BTW, what happened to your iPhone?

it got me this g2 in a one for one trade lol. but yes, the Verizon button has the same configuration I should've stayed but the buttons themselves are a bit different.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
it got me this g2 in a one for one trade lol. but yes, the Verizon button has the same configuration I should've stayed but the buttons themselves are a bit different.

Ha. You remind me of myself. I used to trade devices all the time. I think that I'm going to slow down now that I have my 64GB iPhone 5S and 32GB iPad Air. I just think that it is time to chill out. I'm not even going to get the iPhone 6, or at least I'm not planning on it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ha. You remind me of myself. I used to trade devices all the time. I think that I'm going to slow down now that I have my 64GB iPhone 5S and 32GB iPad Air. I just think that it is time to chill out. I'm not even going to get the iPhone 6, or at least I'm not planning on it.

I honestly don't know why I switched this time. likely because I was good with the moto x but came back because of group iMessage but I'm over that now so I'm back on Android. just not a loyalist of either. I respect the good that both platforms offer and will likely continue to flip flop on a whim. lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I would say that is the other thing about Apple devices that I love. I have never had one that has had issues. I can't say the same about other devices.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
I do think other devices are more and more "stable" every day

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I just switched from Nexus devices to an iPhone/iPad combo. I really like some things about it and some other things, I still prefer Android. Nothing beats the ease of use with iOS devices, however, and the build quality. But I still can't get Android off the brain. I need to stick with something, though. This constant switch is getting a little old, expensive, and time consuming.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from Nexus devices to an iPhone/iPad combo. I really like some things about it and some other things, I still prefer Android. Nothing beats the ease of use with iOS devices, however, and the build quality. But I still can't get Android off the brain. I need to stick with something, though. This constant switch is getting a little old, expensive, and time consuming.

I totally agree with switching getting old, expensive and time consuming. It is one of the reasons why I have settled in on the iPhone/iPad combination. I know these devices will do what I need for them to do. I also understand having Android/Google on the brain. I am still in awe of the devices they come out with and really like the price points of a lot of their products. One of the things that cured that for me somewhat, was switching away from Google services. See, if you use Google services for the most part or exclusively like I had done in the past, it is hard not to want to go Android, because everything is integrated so well. Once you get away from Google services, Android becomes less attractive. I have switched to Outlook for email; Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for documents; dropbox for storage; Beats for music streaming, Bing for search; Apple Maps for navigation; and Siri over Google Now. It wasn't an easy switch, but I do feel a lot better about being on the iOS platform and less inclined to go back to Android. The way I would have my iPhone set up in the past was more like a Nexus device. I had Google everything; Maps, Chrome, Gmail, Earth, Search, Google Now, Translate, Drive, Google+, you name it. If it was Google, it was on my phone. And that became part of my frustration with iOS. No more though.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with switching getting old, expensive and time consuming. It is one of the reasons why I have settled in on the iPhone/iPad combination. I know these devices will do what I need for them to do. I also understand having Android/Google on the brain. I am still in awe of the devices they come out with and really like the price points of a lot of their products. One of the things that cured that for me somewhat, was switching away from Google services. See, if you use Google services for the most part or exclusively like I had done in the past, it is hard not to want to go Android, because everything is integrated so well. Once you get away from Google services, Android becomes less attractive. I have switched to Outlook for email; Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for documents; dropbox for storage; Beats for music streaming, Bing for search; Apple Maps for navigation; and Siri over Google Now. It wasn't an easy switch, but I do feel a lot better about being on the iOS platform and less inclined to go back to Android. The way I would have my iPhone set up in the past was more like a Nexus device. I had Google everything; Maps, Chrome, Gmail, Earth, Search, Google Now, Translate, Drive, Google+, you name it. If it was Google, it was on my phone. And that became part of my frustration with iOS. No more though.

Yeah, I spend way too much time and money switching devices constantly. I've been on Android for awhile and everything I have is tied to Google, so it is a bit of an issue switching away. But it can be done. One of my biggest issues with Android, and even Nexus devices, is that there is always something wrong or missing from every device. The Nexus was great overall, but I always dealt with light bleed and ok battery life. And the speakers weren't really anything good. The Nexus 7 is also pretty good, but it does have a few issues, as well. This is what led me (back) to iOS - looking for something that really works all the time and does what I want it to do. It's just a transition time right now. And even though iOS devices are more expensive up front, it seems like it would probably save me money in the long run by not switching so often.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

This could likely be the culprit in why I switch but I have no intention of discontinuing my use of google services. Haha Switching for me isn't expensive though as I'll typically find a situation that will allow me to do a one for one swap of my device for the device that I want. Like I did to get rid of the 5 and get into an LG G2. This keeps me from spending money and my wife from putting the hammer down on my tech addiction! Happy wife, happy life. :D

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This could likely be the culprit in why I switch but I have no intention of discontinuing my use of google services. Haha Switching for me isn't expensive though as I'll typically find a situation that will allow me to do a one for one swap of my device for the device that I want. Like I did to get rid of the 5 and get into an LG G2. This keeps me from spending money and my wife from putting the hammer down on my tech addiction! Happy wife, happy life. :D

I'm the same way. I try not to put myself in debt, but sometimes I decide I gotta have the new thing and end up paying a little on top. But then when you don't like the new thing as much as you thought you would, you end up switching again. It's a vicious cycle. I also have no intention of leaving Google services. And I'm actually still having a little difficulty with iOS. Mostly due to the lack of customization. It isn't that I don't like it, because I definitely do. But I just got so used to being able to make my phone look (and work) like I want it to, that this is a difficult transition. Little things like being able to have vibrate on when my phone rings, but not have the alarm go off with vibrate and wake up the whole friggin house would be nice. There's just a few things that really make me miss Android and the customization it had. And with KitKat, both platforms are pretty comparable on speed and stability. I do like that if I was comfortable with iOS that I could pretty much just stick to the one phone per year cycle, which would save an awful lot of hassle. The plethora of devices that come out for Android is oftentimes a pain. You are always wanting the new thing because it has something your phone doesn't.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
with KitKat, both platforms are pretty comparable on speed and stability.
THIS! THIS! THIS!

I do like that if I was comfortable with iOS that I could pretty much just stick to the one phone per year cycle, which would save an awful lot of hassle. The plethora of devices that come out for Android is oftentimes a pain. You are always wanting the new thing because it has something your phone doesn't.

And this... I'm usually a few months behind. Like right now I'm trying to take a look at all the 2013 flagships that I've not touched. I've used an S4 and a Moto X. Currently using the G2 but I see a few reviewers stating in their reviews that an HTC One is a phone that if they had to sign a contract they could use for 2 years so I want to try that now. :( haha

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
THIS! THIS! THIS!

And this... I'm usually a few months behind. Like right now I'm trying to take a look at all the 2013 flagships that I've not touched. I've used an S4 and a Moto X. Currently using the G2 but I see a few reviewers stating in their reviews that an HTC One is a phone that if they had to sign a contract they could use for 2 years so I want to try that now. :( haha

I came from the HTC one to my iphone 5S, I do not regret it :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR