Are you really content with the iPhone?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
12 months ago I was using a blackberry Q10, 6 months ago I got a HTC One (m7) and now I have a iphone 5S. I find that I get bored quickly with my devices but I always end back with apple :p

Sent from my iPhone 5S

I agree. I'm the same way. I want to try everything, but then the effect wears off and I find myself back on iOS. Although, this last time I was really enamored by the Note 3, but because of the iMessage fiasco, I found it advantageous to come back. I'm not sour about it, because I have always like my iPhone and iPad combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I'm the same way. I want to try everything, but then the effect wears off and I find myself back on iOS. Although, this last time I was really enamored by the Note 3, but because of the iMessage fiasco, I found it advantageous to come back. I'm not sour about it, because I have always like my iPhone and iPad combo.

Also one of the reasons I end up coming back to apple, I have been using an iPad since the launch day of the original.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree with you! Though, I have to say that I haven't used and tested out a lot of phones. Before the iPhone I had a blackberry for almost 2 years and quickly converted to the iPhone. I can confidently say that I really wouldn't consider any other phone.

Before the iPhone, I was a die-hard Blackberry fanboy. I never imagined myself having anything but a Blackberry device. The original Bold (9000) was my last one. I didn't like to models that followed so I dabbled into Android for a few years before buying the iPhone 4S a few years back. Everything changed after that....:), and I'm very happy and content with iOS.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I am. I've looked at the HTC One (M8) and I like it but my favorite apps are App Store only and to cross over to android I'd have to take the time to find comparable apps to fit my needs. Not willing to try that yet. All I need now is a bigger iPhone :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am. I've looked at the HTC One (M8) and I like it but my favorite apps are App Store only and to cross over to android I'd have to take the time to find comparable apps to fit my needs. Not willing to try that yet. All I need now is a bigger iPhone :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

The only thing I miss about my HTC one m7 is the screen size

Sent from my iPhone 5S

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Love my 5S but just want a BIGGER SCREEN. It will come soon enough and the world will be round again.
The iPhone is only a part of the bigger picture. It syncs so well with my desktop, iPad, and iPad mini, that eco system makes all of the parts a whole perfect system for me. I have close to 2000 contacts on my system and having all of the machines sync together makes my work and play soooo nice. Keep up the great work Apple.

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just came back from a Note 3...again. I think this is the third time I have gone from the Note 3 to the iPhone 5S. I really wanted to stay with the Note 3 this time, but I was having issues with iMessage and still not receiving texts from iPhone users. I'm just waiting until all of that is figured out and I may be gone again. But who knows. I still love my idevices. They have always worked for me.

And I'm coming back after over a year's hiatus with Android. Went through the DNA, S4, Moto X, Nexus 5, and GPE M8. I will most definitely say that I REALLY like stock Android. It is incredibly smooth. But something always calls me back to iOS. The beauty of them. The simplistic, yet advanced OS. And I also really liked the next step in iOS 8. I have grown very tired of the constant switch and would really like to just settle in to a device and OS and leave it at that. I find that with Android, there's always something wrong with every device or that I'm always eyeing the next big thing and not actually enjoying what I have. I'm hoping the jump back to iOS will lock me in for a bit. Especially if the 6 has a bigger screen!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm content with any smartphone device. I like change and the ability to try something new and improved or different. I find that when I keep my options open (open minded), I allow myself to experience different things and not be bias or caught up in a specific loop. This type of thinking has allowed ME to experience many different things throught out life (food, autos, women clothes, ect.) not just smartphones.
I have had Blackberry, iPhone and Android devices, to be honest each brand has it's plus and minus, but depending on what I'm looking for from MY smartphone/device of choice at that time/moment dictates what I will be using.
I'm NOT into the "smartphones wars" anymore because it's just not worth it ....I just buy what I like and what would be more useful at that particular stage in my life.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from a Note 3...again. I think this is the third time I have gone from the Note 3 to the iPhone 5S. I really wanted to stay with the Note 3 this time, but I was having issues with iMessage and still not receiving texts from iPhone users. I'm just waiting until all of that is figured out and I may be gone again. But who knows. I still love my idevices. They have always worked for me.

I have heard of this iMessage/message (text) problem quite a bit, and to be honest I just don't see a problem between mine, my Wife's or other family members with iphones sending/receiving to my Note3. I just tested this theory again from my iPhone 5s to my Note3 and back.....once again NO PROBLEM.

nickyp303

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I would say I am 90% happy with my iPhone 4S. Maybe even 95%!

It's a snappy little beast with a gorgeous screen and all the apps I need to run my hectic life on social media! And not forgetting games and all the other delights we need to keep ourselves up and running these days!

That 'little' is deliberate - the screen is on the small side for today's usage. But I cope.

I find even the 4S seems pretty good against my HTC Android device - that constantly seems to slow down when I need it not to, while the iPhone carries on pretty much OK all the time. So that helps swing me towards iOS.

I have a 5S for work and that's brilliant - really fast, bigger screen, no issues!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Definitely satisfied with my iDevices, they have the best range of apps, and those apps are often the best I have seen, so it's never a question of being dissatisfied.

Last edited:

davec3275

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I owned 3 different iPhones over the years and the only reason I would upgrade was cause the OS started to lag on the current phone. However, I recently switched to Android (as part of a carrier switch) in order to save money. Well, since I switched I am completely missing my iPhone. There are things I could do with the iPhone that I cannot and will probably will never be able to do with my Android. I cannot wait until I can get an iPhone again.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I owned 3 different iPhones over the years and the only reason I would upgrade was cause the OS started to lag on the current phone. However, I recently switched to Android (as part of a carrier switch) in order to save money. Well, since I switched I am completely missing my iPhone. There are things I could do with the iPhone that I cannot and will probably will never be able to do with my Android. I cannot wait until I can get an iPhone again.

What sort of things does the iphone do that android doesn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Yep! Same here. At the end of the day it's always apple.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
My needs are changing. I still love playing with my Note 3, but only as a tablet. Not as a phone. My Z10 really gave me issues, so I got another 5c to go along with my blue one. It seems I'm in love with the 5c. I still love my Z10 too but I'm finding that now they'll allow third party keyboards, I'm excited about my iPhones!

I still hope BlackBerry will release a Z50...

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!