Are you really content with the iPhone?

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
The only iphone I haven't owned is the original iPhone. I've been content with each model since and anxiously awaiting the 6. For me, iPhone was my gateway drug into the world of Apple. I'm a Systems Engineer in primarily windows environment and I've found ways to do what I need on a Mac. This has increased my worth to many of my clients, some of which have began introducing many Apple products into their network. So yes, I'm content with my iPhone because they've become part of my work which I love.

lordpuppy

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I can't answer this, I'm still a blackberry user. I am, however typing this from my iPad mini. I'm waiting to see how the i6 comes out, then I'll let you know. I'll be going with either apple or blackberry for my next phone. They provide a far more unified experience than android handsets.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

lordpuppy

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
The only iphone I haven't owned is the original iPhone. I've been content with each model since and anxiously awaiting the 6. For me, iPhone was my gateway drug into the world of Apple. I'm a Systems Engineer in primarily windows environment and I've found ways to do what I need on a Mac. This has increased my worth to many of my clients, some of which have began introducing many Apple products into their network. So yes, I'm content with my iPhone because they've become part of my work which I love.

This is interesting to me. I'm a system administrator in a windows environment and have since switched my main PC to a Mac Pro. It's handled pretty much everything I've thrown at it. The rdp client from ms has definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I actually like android but I definitely not a Samsung fan. I've owned every Galaxy device since the original and every one of them had this little bit of lag that made the experience less than great. Not terrible but noticeable. Especially if you're coming from an iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I actually like android but I definitely not a Samsung fan. I've owned every Galaxy device since the original and every one of them had this little bit of lag that made the experience less than great. Not terrible but noticeable. Especially if you're coming from an iPhone.

That's one of the reasons I don't like androids.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I suppose the only way I know how to honestly answer your questions you posed to us is tha t I will. It use anh phone regardless of hype or price if I did not like it, if it did not work for me, meet my needs and be so simplistic and lastly have top notch CS if anything happened.
I hope this answers your question for you.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. Ever since I was in high school and the first iPhone came out, it was my "one day" phone. All the phones i've ever have had where to one day have the iPhone in my hands. I used to trade my phones on craiglist back when the droid phones came out to "compete" with iPhone. I was able to finally trade a droid 3 that i had just used for about 2 days and trade it for my very first white iPhone 4 on verizon wireless. Ever since then I have not looked back. I love my apple products.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've been using an iPhone for awhile, I am content with it but I can't help be curious about other OS like the windows and blackberry. I'm not a fan of android. Just to see how they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just came back to a 5S after an S4. I really miss it, but iMessage and partially FaceTime hold me from going back.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just came back to a 5S after an S4. I really miss it, but iMessage and partially FaceTime hold me from going back.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

I just came back from a Note 3...again. I think this is the third time I have gone from the Note 3 to the iPhone 5S. I really wanted to stay with the Note 3 this time, but I was having issues with iMessage and still not receiving texts from iPhone users. I'm just waiting until all of that is figured out and I may be gone again. But who knows. I still love my idevices. They have always worked for me.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The last few days I've been wanting a Moto X again when I know I'll eventually end up back on my 5 like I did the last time I had an X

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The last few days I've been wanting a Moto X again when I know I'll eventually end up back on my 5 like I did the last time I had an X

I always do that too. I get the urge to switch, but I think deep down, I know I will come back to iOS. It would save a lot of time and money if I just stayed put.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I always do that too. I get the urge to switch, but I think deep down, I know I will come back to iOS. It would save a lot of time and money if I just stayed put.

That's what I've been struggling with. To keep from getting a spanking from the wife I usually sell my current device. I'm not selling my 5 this time. Was gonna sell my iPad 2 since I use my phone way more anyway. Got a buyer lined up and a seller of a Moto X ready to go. I loved it when I had it but missed being able to participate in group iMessage sessions. Now that I'm back they don't happen frequently lol

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Whew...I beat the demon. Took my iPad off of Craigslist and informed both the buyer of it and the seller of the Moto X. Got all the Google stuff I was missing right on my 5!

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How do you guys feel about the Moto X+1? I am very interested in that one.. I know the Moto X was good.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8 using iMore Forums.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
12 months ago I was using a blackberry Q10, 6 months ago I got a HTC One (m7) and now I have a iphone 5S. I find that I get bored quickly with my devices but I always end back with apple :p

Sent from my iPhone 5S