Are you really content with the iPhone?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
iPhones are great. They work well and do pretty much everything that most people need. However, they can be rather boring. I've used several iPhones including the 5S that I still own and while I like the phone it doesn't compare to my LG G2 using the Aviate launcher. That setup is head and shoulders above everything else out there, including iOS and WP. It you haven't tried it, you should.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

I hear that a lot, people saying that the iPhone is boring. I don't understand it though. I don't get entertainment from setting up my device in a specific way or customizing. Those things are tedious to me. I get entertainment from using the apps. Which the iPhone has the most and the best apps. Of course, this is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhones are great. They work well and do pretty much everything that most people need. However, they can be rather boring. I've used several iPhones including the 5S that I still own and while I like the phone it doesn't compare to my LG G2 using the Aviate launcher. That setup is head and shoulders above everything else out there, including iOS and WP. It you haven't tried it, you should.

My 5s is still jailbroken. It's definitely not boring. The weird part though is that I end up using my stock 5c more anyways. It would seem that in iPhones, I favor stability and functionality over customization. Which is exactly the opposite of what I chose with Android.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The smoothness of the OS, the knowing I'm going to get updates if my device is like 3 years old or newer,the quality of apps are what keep me happy with iOS. Doesn't hurt that Apple has the sexiest hardware ever.

Edit: Also no carrier bloat ware in the US is a huuuuge advantage to having an iPhone.

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Edit: Also no carrier bloat ware in the US is a huuuuge advantage to having an iPhone.

That actually is one of the things that I care least about. Bloatware never bothered me much. It is easy to hide or disable that on Android.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My 5s is still jailbroken. It's definitely not boring. The weird part though is that I end up using my stock 5c more anyways. It would seem that in iPhones, I favor stability and functionality over customization. Which is exactly the opposite of what I chose with Android.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Exactly I had my palm phones so customized it was mind blowing but I don't feel the need to JB my iPhone. I Jailbroke the i4 and played with it for a couple of weeks then restored it and sold it. It was fun tweaking it but I don't want or need that anymore on my daily driver

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the original. But, no, I'm not content with them. I keep coming back, but get bored with tech fast.

So, I bounce between them all. I've had a few WP7 and 8 devices, several Androids, and even Blackberry .

My current daily drivers are an iPhone 5 and Blackberry q10, but the iPhone will get swapped in the next couple weeks for an Android. More than likely an LG G2, but I'm waiting to see if the G3 gets the May launch I've heard.

Life is too short to get locked into single branding. I see it with cars all the time, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I used to swap phones every few months when I used Android (selling on eBay and upgrading as new ones came out). Now I'm just happy with my 5s, and feel no pressure to even stop in the Sprint store to look at other devices. It's pretty freeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm really content with iOS.

I'd like waterproof devices and wireless charging, and those are features that could over time lure me away. But by the time that could happen, I bet that Apple will have put in its own solution.

Thought I wanted a larger device, but I've been using a Z30 for work, and it actually feels too big.

So it may be that even after the larger iPhone 6 comes out (we think it's happening, right?), I'll prefer the 5/5s's size...

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I also appreciate Apple's (new-ish, since the iPhone 5) openness with the carrier band specs.

Was trying to figure out the Galaxy S5 models and their international usability, and it really was hard to get that information.

Pre-iCloud, however, the iPhone was very frustrating for those without a Mac. iTunes for Windows still isn't a nice piece of software.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had iPhones since the original. But, no, I'm not content with them. I keep coming back, but get bored with tech fast.

So, I bounce between them all. I've had a few WP7 and 8 devices, several Androids, and even Blackberry .

My current daily drivers are an iPhone 5 and Blackberry q10, but the iPhone will get swapped in the next couple weeks for an Android. More than likely an LG G2, but I'm waiting to see if the G3 gets the May launch I've heard.

Life is too short to get locked into single branding. I see it with cars all the time, too.

It looks like the G3 will be released in July. It should be well worth the wait. A 1440p screen, possible octa-core processor and 3gb of RAM. What!?????!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I'm rockin' my 2nd white G2. I looked at the M8 and S5. Neither make me want to give up my G2. I'll wait on the G3.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wasnt content anymore. I'm now using a Galaxy S5 and in love with it. I'll be selling my 5s and wait to see what Apple releases this fall to see if I come back it not. Still keeping my iPad so I'll see be using iOS.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if I've just grown up and have different priorities or am really content with the iPhone, but I do seem to not be paying attention to new gadgets as much I used to. I used to switch between PalmOS and Mobile Windows (and even had a brief interlude with a Zaurus SL-5500) almost on a weekly basis. Since I got my first iPhone (3GS), I've only wandered once (got a Nexus One when an urgent phone need came up). Since then I've followed the releases of the iPhone models with great interest but really only passing fancy for the multitude of Android devices that are released.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I've just grown up and have different priorities or am really content with the iPhone, but I do seem to not be paying attention to new gadgets as much I used to. I used to switch between PalmOS and Mobile Windows (and even had a brief interlude with a Zaurus SL-5500) almost on a weekly basis. Since I got my first iPhone (3GS), I've only wandered once (got a Nexus One when an urgent phone need came up). Since then I've followed the releases of the iPhone models with great interest but really only passing fancy for the multitude of Android devices that are released.

You feel grown up because you aren't interested in experiencing new devices??? That's funny. I'm 48 and pay close attention to all the new devices that are released. I'm pretty sure I'm grown up though. After all, I have 5 children!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
You feel grown up because you aren't interested in experiencing new devices??? That's funny. I'm 48 and pay close attention to all the new devices that are released. I'm pretty sure I'm grown up though. After all, I have 5 children!

I never feel grown up. I did not mean to insinuate that growing up is the result of not being interested in new devices. Rather, growing up (and new responsibilities, etc.) may have resulted in me not being as interested in the latest/greatest as much as I once was.

Just saying that my priorities have shifted since the days when I used to swap devices 3 times a month. I'm more concerned with having a stable device that I set up once and can use to stay organized/connected rather than drooling over the latest and greatest device or one that I can spend hours/days constantly tweaking/modding. I still pay attention to the tech news and such, but I'm really not interested in what 17 Android devices are being released this week. Is that because the iPhone best fits my needs or is it because I've become an old curmudgeon? I'd like to think it's the former, but I'm not going to completely discount the latter. :) The devices now are actually something I need to stay organized rather than a play thing for which I once used them under the guise that they kept me organized.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Hoping the new iphone has that wow factor that hasn't been there for a while. I've also ready there could be an additional $100 on each price point of the new phone.

Not too sure that would go over well of its true.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hoping the new iphone has that wow factor that hasn't been there for a while. I've also ready there could be an additional $100 on each price point of the new phone.

Not too sure that would go over well of its true.

I read the same thing about the $100 price increase. It better have some serious WOW factor if that is true.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2