Are you really content with the iPhone?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here D I use to window shop the sprint store every month when I stopped in to pay my bill and check the cellphone database every morning to see what's new. The iPhone was on the bottom of my list till I got my i5 that's when I realized it's what I was looking for the whole time

That was me only with at&t (Really Kataran SPRINT? LOL), only I found iLove early with iPhone 3G. I have strayed a couple of times (Nexus4, Galaxy S4), but soon returned after the "Novelty" of Android wore off. Now my time with the iPhone 5 will be up in Sept., and I eagerly await the iPhone 6 ...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've strayed a few times since getting my first iPhone back with the 4. I always come back when I realize that the entire time I'm on an Android I'm trying to make it behave like an iPhone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting question. I would have to say 'no' ... but ...

I absolutely adore my iphone and the thought of being without it, like I am now due to breakage, is annoying.

I will always use the device that best suits my needs, whether it be iOS, Android or Windows phone. Really, the only reason I am using an Android device and an iPhone is that I need a larger screen and currently the iPhone doesn't offer that. As we all know, this may change in the next iteration and if that is the case, I will have no qualms in getting rid of my Android devices and moving over to iPhone completely.

Whilst I do use other devices, I would never do so to the exclusion of an iPhone and I will always have one in my stable of phones.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iPhone works TOO well. We have my wife's niece and nephew this week. They're at the aquarium. We have a group message. She's sending EVERY friggin picture to the group for her sister/brother-in-law. I miss my Androids inability to consistently receive group messages! Lol

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Only iPhones for me. I've never owned an Android. My wife has. I did use a flip LG Chocolate 3 for a while. :D

Sent from from my iPhone 5

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
iPhone works TOO well. We have my wife's niece and nephew this week. They're at the aquarium. We have a group message. She's sending EVERY friggin picture to the group for her sister/brother-in-law. I miss my Androids inability to consistently receive group messages! Lol

Lol!! That's the one thing I hated most about android

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Now that I re-read this I think what it is for me is I read about others using their devices in such ways that it peeks my interest. I'll then read about the phone then want it. But the way someone else's uses that device, might not be the way I do. I try to keep things simple. Just a phone to call text and nice size for web browsing oh and a good camera. I can be content with an iPhone but it's difficult lol. Just have to find it in me to tone down my wants and be happy with what I have. iPhone 6 comes out with a 4.5+ screen I'm with it and hopefully content.

Sorry for the rant lol

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
100% content. I would even buy the 5S again in a different color if the size change rumors are true.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm still crazy over other devices and my technophilia is still raging. However, I'm very partial to my 5c and no other device can sit in it's place.

?Sent from space using Tapatalk.?

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I've strayed a few times since getting my first iPhone back with the 4. I always come back when I realize that the entire time I'm on an Android I'm trying to make it behave like an iPhone!

That's funny! 😃

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

tbarker2

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
So far I've been completely satisfied with staying with the iPhone. Compared to other devices I find the usage of the iPhone just makes since. I also love all the Apps that iTunes have to offer. I'm really into listening to podcast an I feel there is no other phone that offers the best setup in this area. 😍love my iphone😍

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
There was a time when I would pay close attention to every new smartphone or other mobile device that was introduced. I was one of those people who had to have the latest and greatest, and I shutter to imagine the amount of money I spent doing that crap...lol...All of that changed when I purchased the iPhone 4S in October 2011. Since then, I have not even entertained the thought of buying anything other than an iPhone. I'm serious. In no way am I saying that the iPhone is THE best smartphone on the planet, however, I am saying that the iPhone is the absolute BEST smartphone for Just Me, D...:)...Do any of you feel the same?

I totally agree!! I was the same way, then I got my 4S in April 2012. Didn't like it too much at first then it grew on me. I can't imagine buying anything else. I've since had the 5 & 5S...can't wait for the next iteration. The iPhone works perfectly for me and even though its not the best out, I'm extremely content:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I am pretty content. I was also one of those "omg this is coming out in 3 weeks I must have it" people and since switching I haven't been anywhere near as rabid. I tend to compare them now to the iPhone. I go to the store and spend hours tinkering. Not one phone has yet to lure me away. I do know that then prospect of a larger iPhone is disappointing to me since the 5s is already too big IMO but I'm sure I'll probably but the 6 if it's not ridiculous, the 5" phablet, no way.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
So far I've been completely satisfied with staying with the iPhone. Compared to other devices I find the usage of the iPhone just makes since. I also love all the Apps that iTunes have to offer. I'm really into listening to podcast an I feel there is no other phone that offers the best setup in this area. ��love my iphone��

I second this. Have just rediscovered Podcasts, beautiful App and just perfect if you have a field of interest and want to hear about it regularly. The selection is great and it's fun. Does Android actually offer anything like it?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I second this. Have just rediscovered Podcasts, beautiful App and just perfect if you have a field of interest and want to hear about it regularly. The selection is great and it's fun. Does Android actually offer anything like it?

I believe there is Google Listen, but am not sure if it's still in publication in Google Play...But there are a good number of third party apps for Podcasts on the Android side, I'm sure.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe there is Google Listen, but am not sure if it's still in publication in Google Play...But there are a good number of third party apps for Podcasts on the Android side, I'm sure.

Google Listen is no longer available, but there are many third apps as you mentioned.

Typically I have found, since I have both IOS and Android that the same apps are available on both platforms. At least the once I use. There are also quite a few cross os apps specially in to do lists and checkbook type apps.

I had Android two years back and for the last two years Android has coming a long way. I have the Moto X, which is basically a pure Android with a handful of useful moto customization, so maybe that's why I am finding Android to be just as good as iOS and in some respects better.

Just my two cents - don't shoot me please, I still have an iPad Air and a MBP. :D

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It's hard for me to say considering that I have been through three different smartphones already this year; even when I said that I wasn't going to switch anymore. And I still have the itch to take my iPhone 5S back because I'm still within my 14-day return window and I'm itching to try the new M8 or S5. But I can say, that I never leave iOS because there is anything wrong with it. Actually, I usually come back to iOS because I find something wrong with other platforms. I just sold my Chromebook to reconnect with my iPad Air because I was having issues and I just sold my Nexus 5 (again) to come back to my iPhone 5S. For me, iOS works well. Other platforms are on par or close to iOS when it comes to apps and ecosystem. Some Android manufacturers have been able to produce some really good hardware that competes with Apple. But where I start to see separation is in the overall experience. Matching hardware with software. Feature set - which general opinion seems to indicate that Android is more feature rich, which I believe in some ways this is true. But I question sometimes if the software features of Android or the hardware features of Android hardware manufacturers actually make things easier, more convenient, and/or more productive. Last November, I bought the Note 3 which I thought was a powerhouse device. And I really enjoyed using the s-pen. It provided an experience that isn't comparable in other smartphones. But I can say that just because it had an abundant feature set, huge screen, and S-pen did it make the device more convenient or productive. It took me longer to write on the screen with the S-pen than it does thumb typing a message. Taking notes was cool, I got a lot of comments about the S-pen, but again, it is easier to thumb type a message. Multi-window was a great feature, but to half the screen to try to do multiple tasks kind of defeats the purpose of having a huge screen. The device has a powerful CPU, but because the software is bogged down by Samsung's skin, its not as snappy as the iPhone, which again, defeats the purpose of having such a powerful device. I'm not just picking on the Note 3. I really did think it was a great device and perhaps the best Android device on the market along with the Nexus 5 that I had. The one thing I liked about the Nexus 5 was the ability to tap and pay. But for anyone who has used this feature, they can tell you, it takes decidedly more time to use your phone to pay than it would be to use your debit card. Again, great functionality, but not more convenient than the traditional method of purchasing items at the store. I actually was able to find a solution that was the best of both worlds. One of the sporadic benefits (I say sporadic because tap and pay isn't available everywhere) is that, in theory, you wouldn't need to carry your debit and credit cards; just your phone. Well, I actually found a solution that offers the best of both worlds. I have a leather pouch for my iPhone 5S that has credit card slots on the posterior. My debit card (which I used exclusively with Google Wallet before) actually has tap and pay functionality (through NFC). I carry my phone in this pouch and I have my cards in the slots so I don't need to carry anything extra. When there is a tap and pay option at the register, I just take my phone, still in the case and tap and pay. It is literally the same action. So in summation, from my personal experience with a multitude of devices over a multitude of platforms, Apple seems to do a better job of not bogging down its software with features that really don't have a positive impact. They provide second to none design. And performance is fast, smooth, and efficient. That's why I love my iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That was me only with at&t (Really Kataran SPRINT? LOL), only I found iLove early with iPhone 3G. I have strayed a couple of times (Nexus4, Galaxy S4), but soon returned after the "Novelty" of Android wore off. Now my time with the iPhone 5 will be up in Sept., and I eagerly await the iPhone 6 ...

Lol. I've had sprint for over a decade it works really well in my area and most of the East Coast

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
iPhones are great. They work well and do pretty much everything that most people need. However, they can be rather boring. I've used several iPhones including the 5S that I still own and while I like the phone it doesn't compare to my LG G2 using the Aviate launcher. That setup is head and shoulders above everything else out there, including iOS and WP. It you haven't tried it, you should.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73