iPhone works TOO well. We have my wife's niece and nephew this week. They're at the aquarium. We have a group message. She's sending EVERY friggin picture to the group for her sister/brother-in-law. I miss my Androids inability to consistently receive group messages! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol!! That's the one thing I hated most about android

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5S
    04-17-2014 06:49 PM
    Now that I re-read this I think what it is for me is I read about others using their devices in such ways that it peeks my interest. I'll then read about the phone then want it. But the way someone else's uses that device, might not be the way I do. I try to keep things simple. Just a phone to call text and nice size for web browsing oh and a good camera. I can be content with an iPhone but it's difficult lol. Just have to find it in me to tone down my wants and be happy with what I have. iPhone 6 comes out with a 4.5+ screen I'm with it and hopefully content.

Sorry for the rant lol
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:13 PM
    100% content. I would even buy the 5S again in a different color if the size change rumors are true.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:22 PM
    I'm still crazy over other devices and my technophilia is still raging. However, I'm very partial to my 5c and no other device can sit in it's place.

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-17-2014 07:39 PM
    I've strayed a few times since getting my first iPhone back with the 4. I always come back when I realize that the entire time I'm on an Android I'm trying to make it behave like an iPhone!

That's funny! 😃

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    04-17-2014 07:49 PM
    So far I've been completely satisfied with staying with the iPhone. Compared to other devices I find the usage of the iPhone just makes since. I also love all the Apps that iTunes have to offer. I'm really into listening to podcast an I feel there is no other phone that offers the best setup in this area. 😍love my iphone😍

ladyc0524 and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-17-2014 07:54 PM
    If I had actionable notifications, I think I'd be completely satisfied with my iPhone
    nikkisharif and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-17-2014 08:18 PM
    There was a time when I would pay close attention to every new smartphone or other mobile device that was introduced. I was one of those people who had to have the latest and greatest, and I shutter to imagine the amount of money I spent doing that crap...lol...All of that changed when I purchased the iPhone 4S in October 2011. Since then, I have not even entertained the thought of buying anything other than an iPhone. I'm serious. In no way am I saying that the iPhone is THE best smartphone on the planet, however, I am saying that the iPhone is the absolute BEST smartphone for Just Me, D......Do any of you feel the same?
    I totally agree!! I was the same way, then I got my 4S in April 2012. Didn't like it too much at first then it grew on me. I can't imagine buying anything else. I've since had the 5 & 5S...can't wait for the next iteration. The iPhone works perfectly for me and even though its not the best out, I'm extremely content
    mumfoau, Just_Me_D and pr1nce like this.
    04-17-2014 10:26 PM
    Yea, I am pretty content. I was also one of those "omg this is coming out in 3 weeks I must have it" people and since switching I haven't been anywhere near as rabid. I tend to compare them now to the iPhone. I go to the store and spend hours tinkering. Not one phone has yet to lure me away. I do know that then prospect of a larger iPhone is disappointing to me since the 5s is already too big IMO but I'm sure I'll probably but the 6 if it's not ridiculous, the 5" phablet, no way.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-17-2014 11:08 PM
    So far I've been completely satisfied with staying with the iPhone. Compared to other devices I find the usage of the iPhone just makes since. I also love all the Apps that iTunes have to offer. I'm really into listening to podcast an I feel there is no other phone that offers the best setup in this area. ��love my iphone��

I second this. Have just rediscovered Podcasts, beautiful App and just perfect if you have a field of interest and want to hear about it regularly. The selection is great and it's fun. Does Android actually offer anything like it?
    tbarker2 and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-18-2014 02:35 AM
    I second this. Have just rediscovered Podcasts, beautiful App and just perfect if you have a field of interest and want to hear about it regularly. The selection is great and it's fun. Does Android actually offer anything like it?
    I believe there is Google Listen, but am not sure if it's still in publication in Google Play...But there are a good number of third party apps for Podcasts on the Android side, I'm sure.
    melbsteve likes this.
    04-18-2014 03:20 AM
    I believe there is Google Listen, but am not sure if it's still in publication in Google Play...But there are a good number of third party apps for Podcasts on the Android side, I'm sure.
    Google Listen is no longer available, but there are many third apps as you mentioned.

Typically I have found, since I have both IOS and Android that the same apps are available on both platforms. At least the once I use. There are also quite a few cross os apps specially in to do lists and checkbook type apps.

I had Android two years back and for the last two years Android has coming a long way. I have the Moto X, which is basically a pure Android with a handful of useful moto customization, so maybe that's why I am finding Android to be just as good as iOS and in some respects better.

Just my two cents - don't shoot me please, I still have an iPad Air and a MBP.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    04-18-2014 08:53 AM
    It's hard for me to say considering that I have been through three different smartphones already this year; even when I said that I wasn't going to switch anymore. And I still have the itch to take my iPhone 5S back because I'm still within my 14-day return window and I'm itching to try the new M8 or S5. But I can say, that I never leave iOS because there is anything wrong with it. Actually, I usually come back to iOS because I find something wrong with other platforms. I just sold my Chromebook to reconnect with my iPad Air because I was having issues and I just sold my Nexus 5 (again) to come back to my iPhone 5S. For me, iOS works well. Other platforms are on par or close to iOS when it comes to apps and ecosystem. Some Android manufacturers have been able to produce some really good hardware that competes with Apple. But where I start to see separation is in the overall experience. Matching hardware with software. Feature set - which general opinion seems to indicate that Android is more feature rich, which I believe in some ways this is true. But I question sometimes if the software features of Android or the hardware features of Android hardware manufacturers actually make things easier, more convenient, and/or more productive. Last November, I bought the Note 3 which I thought was a powerhouse device. And I really enjoyed using the s-pen. It provided an experience that isn't comparable in other smartphones. But I can say that just because it had an abundant feature set, huge screen, and S-pen did it make the device more convenient or productive. It took me longer to write on the screen with the S-pen than it does thumb typing a message. Taking notes was cool, I got a lot of comments about the S-pen, but again, it is easier to thumb type a message. Multi-window was a great feature, but to half the screen to try to do multiple tasks kind of defeats the purpose of having a huge screen. The device has a powerful CPU, but because the software is bogged down by Samsung's skin, its not as snappy as the iPhone, which again, defeats the purpose of having such a powerful device. I'm not just picking on the Note 3. I really did think it was a great device and perhaps the best Android device on the market along with the Nexus 5 that I had. The one thing I liked about the Nexus 5 was the ability to tap and pay. But for anyone who has used this feature, they can tell you, it takes decidedly more time to use your phone to pay than it would be to use your debit card. Again, great functionality, but not more convenient than the traditional method of purchasing items at the store. I actually was able to find a solution that was the best of both worlds. One of the sporadic benefits (I say sporadic because tap and pay isn't available everywhere) is that, in theory, you wouldn't need to carry your debit and credit cards; just your phone. Well, I actually found a solution that offers the best of both worlds. I have a leather pouch for my iPhone 5S that has credit card slots on the posterior. My debit card (which I used exclusively with Google Wallet before) actually has tap and pay functionality (through NFC). I carry my phone in this pouch and I have my cards in the slots so I don't need to carry anything extra. When there is a tap and pay option at the register, I just take my phone, still in the case and tap and pay. It is literally the same action. So in summation, from my personal experience with a multitude of devices over a multitude of platforms, Apple seems to do a better job of not bogging down its software with features that really don't have a positive impact. They provide second to none design. And performance is fast, smooth, and efficient. That's why I love my iPhone and iPad.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    kataran, tbarker2, mumfoau and 2 others like this.
    04-18-2014 09:24 AM
    That was me only with at&t (Really Kataran SPRINT? LOL), only I found iLove early with iPhone 3G. I have strayed a couple of times (Nexus4, Galaxy S4), but soon returned after the "Novelty" of Android wore off. Now my time with the iPhone 5 will be up in Sept., and I eagerly await the iPhone 6 ...
    Lol. I've had sprint for over a decade it works really well in my area and most of the East Coast
    04-18-2014 12:07 PM
    iPhones are great. They work well and do pretty much everything that most people need. However, they can be rather boring. I've used several iPhones including the 5S that I still own and while I like the phone it doesn't compare to my LG G2 using the Aviate launcher. That setup is head and shoulders above everything else out there, including iOS and WP. It you haven't tried it, you should.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-18-2014 01:08 PM
    iPhones are great. They work well and do pretty much everything that most people need. However, they can be rather boring. I've used several iPhones including the 5S that I still own and while I like the phone it doesn't compare to my LG G2 using the Aviate launcher. That setup is head and shoulders above everything else out there, including iOS and WP. It you haven't tried it, you should.

I hear that a lot, people saying that the iPhone is boring. I don't understand it though. I don't get entertainment from setting up my device in a specific way or customizing. Those things are tedious to me. I get entertainment from using the apps. Which the iPhone has the most and the best apps. Of course, this is just my opinion.

04-18-2014 08:08 PM

My 5s is still jailbroken. It's definitely not boring. The weird part though is that I end up using my stock 5c more anyways. It would seem that in iPhones, I favor stability and functionality over customization. Which is exactly the opposite of what I chose with Android.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    kataran, joemd60 and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-19-2014 03:07 AM
    The smoothness of the OS, the knowing I'm going to get updates if my device is like 3 years old or newer,the quality of apps are what keep me happy with iOS. Doesn't hurt that Apple has the sexiest hardware ever.

Edit: Also no carrier bloat ware in the US is a huuuuge advantage to having an iPhone.

Last edited by JobSteves; 04-19-2014 at 05:01 AM.
    04-19-2014 03:18 AM
    Also no carrier bloat ware in the US is a huuuuge advantage to having an iPhone.
    Right there says it all ...
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    04-19-2014 09:31 AM

Edit: Also no carrier bloat ware in the US is a huuuuge advantage to having an iPhone.

That actually is one of the things that I care least about. Bloatware never bothered me much. It is easy to hide or disable that on Android.

04-19-2014 10:19 AM
    Miss my Blackberry Q10's keyboard as well as the Hub

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-19-2014 10:35 AM
    My 5s is still jailbroken. It's definitely not boring. The weird part though is that I end up using my stock 5c more anyways. It would seem that in iPhones, I favor stability and functionality over customization. Which is exactly the opposite of what I chose with Android.

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    Exactly I had my palm phones so customized it was mind blowing but I don't feel the need to JB my iPhone. I Jailbroke the i4 and played with it for a couple of weeks then restored it and sold it. It was fun tweaking it but I don't want or need that anymore on my daily driver
    04-19-2014 10:59 AM
    I've had iPhones since the original. But, no, I'm not content with them. I keep coming back, but get bored with tech fast.

So, I bounce between them all. I've had a few WP7 and 8 devices, several Androids, and even Blackberry .

My current daily drivers are an iPhone 5 and Blackberry q10, but the iPhone will get swapped in the next couple weeks for an Android. More than likely an LG G2, but I'm waiting to see if the G3 gets the May launch I've heard.

Life is too short to get locked into single branding. I see it with cars all the time, too.

phlamethrowre and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-19-2014 11:27 AM
    I used to swap phones every few months when I used Android (selling on eBay and upgrading as new ones came out). Now I'm just happy with my 5s, and feel no pressure to even stop in the Sprint store to look at other devices. It's pretty freeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    kataran and Just_Me_D like this.
    04-19-2014 01:32 PM
    I'm really content with iOS.

I'd like waterproof devices and wireless charging, and those are features that could over time lure me away. But by the time that could happen, I bet that Apple will have put in its own solution.

Thought I wanted a larger device, but I've been using a Z30 for work, and it actually feels too big.

So it may be that even after the larger iPhone 6 comes out (we think it's happening, right?), I'll prefer the 5/5s's size...
    kataran likes this.
    04-20-2014 02:03 AM
367 1234 ...