Actually I'm enjoying the Lumia 1520. Very nice companion to my iPhone 6. My trifecta of awesome devices will be complete with the Note 4.

But......my iPhone 6 is the one that is absolutely non negotiable. My Precious.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    taz323 likes this.
    10-13-2014 09:01 AM
    Actually I'm enjoying the Lumia 1520. Very nice companion to my iPhone 6. My trifecta of awesome devices will be complete with the Note 4.

But......my iPhone 6 is the one that is absolutely non negotiable. My Precious.

Three devices, now that sounds like fun.
    10-13-2014 09:27 AM
    Three devices, now that sounds like fun.
    Yah I'm a geek through and through.

10-13-2014 09:31 AM
    Yah I'm a geek through and through.

I love this club.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    10-13-2014 09:41 AM
    Same here. I don't think the iPhone is the best smartphone ever but I do know it's the perfect smartphone for me

Used to be all blackberry untill I purchased my iPhone 4
    mumfoau and sanibel like this.
    10-13-2014 10:25 AM
    I say iPhone runs much cleaner the apps are safe where on the android there not, the operating system is much better on the iPhone I pad but everyone has there own opinion
    10-14-2014 04:34 AM
    I am more than content -- I LOVE the iPhone! Super happy with the 6+. Was a die-hard Blackberry fan forever and had no desire to try the iPhone because I loved the keyboard on the BB, the email setup and the customized alerts/profiles and most of all, when the first iPhones came out my cousin had one and I think she said they didn't have cut/copy/paste and MMS/photo texting. And I think no flash on her camera? I can't remember now since it's been a while. One thing I didn't like on the BB was the browser.

Anyway, we finally made the switch to the iPhone (by now everything else we had was Apple) with the 4S launch (and all the things I mentioned above were a thing of the past.) Sometimes I still wish flash player was available on the iPhone but that's not such a big deal anymore.

I love my 6+ and I wouldn't trade it for any other phone!
    Last edited by LVMHgirl; 10-16-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    10-15-2014 10:28 PM
    Right now I have a massive dilemma. I really want to get the 6 but I am concerned that I won't like it. I've loved my 5c but the phone is showing a slow down with iOS 8.0.2. I put that on my original 5c in hopes that it worked well so I would upgrade my daily driver 5c. However, With the slow down I've kept it on 7.1.2 with the JB. I really want Swype and the ability to use widgets as well on my daily driver (Okay, I R E A L L Y want Swype for my daily.. Like bad).

I'm so conflicted here and wish I could of stayed blissfully happy with my 5c ♥. \(_)/
    10-18-2014 11:17 AM
    Right now I have a massive dilemma. I really want to get the 6 but I am concerned that I won't like it. I've loved my 5c but the phone is showing a slow down with iOS 8.0.2. I put that on my original 5c in hopes that it worked well so I would upgrade my daily driver 5c. However, With the slow down I've kept it on 7.1.2 with the JB. I really want Swype and the ability to use widgets as well on my daily driver (Okay, I R E A L L Y want Swype for my daily.. Like bad).

I'm so conflicted here and wish I could of stayed blissfully happy with my 5c . \(_)/
    I don't have any issues on my 5 with iOS 8.0.2. Have you tried starting the phone as a new device? I'm upgrading to a 6+ for the screen. I don't feel like my 5 is insufficient performance-wise at all. I know the 5S and 6 will be faster, but my 5 is fine. I can't imagine the experience between 5 and 5C to be much different.
    10-18-2014 11:40 AM
    I don't have any issues on my 5 with iOS 8.0.2. Have you tried starting the phone as a new device? I'm upgrading to a 6+ for the screen. I don't feel like my 5 is insufficient performance-wise at all. I know the 5S and 6 will be faster, but my 5 is fine. I can't imagine the experience between 5 and 5C to be much different.
    I always start it as a new iPhone. I've never restored from a back up honestly. I make it hard on myself. LOL

On a serious note though, It's definitely hitting a performance snag for me. The lag is tiny but it's certainly noticeable. I'm headed down to the Apple Store right now to weigh my options and just kind of weigh them out. I will keep my 5c but I do want to see what is available for me to think on.
    10-18-2014 11:42 AM
    I always start it as a new iPhone. I've never restored from a back up honestly. I make it hard on myself. LOL

On a serious note though, It's definitely hitting a performance snag for me. The lag is tiny but it's certainly noticeable. I'm headed down to the Apple Store right now to weigh my options and just kind of weigh them out. I will keep my 5c but I do want to see what is available for me to think on.
    Enjoy the 6! ;-)
    10-18-2014 12:57 PM
    I am content with the OS, but not with the phone itself. My iPhone 5's battery drains too fast to enjoy it on network, therefore I try not to use it unless I am on wifi. This puts a bit of a dark cloud over the iPhone and one that I hope will be lifted once I get my Plus.
    10-18-2014 01:42 PM
    I'm content with the iphone. I feel like any of the top phones on the market will do everything I do with the iphone just as well. But the iphone is what I have and it works for me.
    11-01-2014 02:22 PM
    I'm having mixed feelings as of late. On one hand with android, I have a lot more hardware choice. It'll be pretty easy to find something I'd like. Also, I don't feel like I'm being locked to one OEM for everything like I would with Apple. As in, I would then feel like if have to use a iPad ir Mac instead of a comparable android tablet and a windows PC. In other words, I feel I can be more agnostic with my tech purchases and ecosystems.

However the drawbacks with android are that there may be more instances of reboots or apps crashing. Also, there's the Speratic software update cycle. They all don't get it the same time.

With iOS, there's a better quality app selection. You also get a really smooth, though limited, experience. As far as customizing and choice goes. And though iOS 8 added a lot, you still get more flexibility with android. The trade off to this is that theoretically, you get less headaches.

But you again have far less hardware options. Want a 1080p screen but in a 5 inch or less handset? Tough luck, Apple only give you that with the 5.5 inch phone. Want wireless charging? Nope.

That's my main reserve with iOS. You have to like whatever they put out. You can't go to another OEM.

I'd like to be able to use a android phone, iPad, and Mac. But this don't sync as well. I won't get continuity or anything. It's a tough choice man.
    11-01-2014 09:51 PM
    There was a time when I would pay close attention to every new smartphone or other mobile device that was introduced. I was one of those people who had to have the latest and greatest, and I shutter to imagine the amount of money I spent doing that crap...lol...All of that changed when I purchased the iPhone 4S in October 2011. Since then, I have not even entertained the thought of buying anything other than an iPhone. I'm serious. In no way am I saying that the iPhone is THE best smartphone on the planet, however, I am saying that the iPhone is the absolute BEST smartphone for Just Me, D......Do any of you feel the same?
    Yes, I feel the same way at this point.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2014 10:26 PM
    I'm having mixed feelings as of late. On one hand with android, I have a lot more hardware choice. It'll be pretty easy to find something I'd like. Also, I don't feel like I'm being locked to one OEM for everything like I would with Apple. As in, I would then feel like if have to use a iPad ir Mac instead of a comparable android tablet and a windows PC. In other words, I feel I can be more agnostic with my tech purchases and ecosystems.

However the drawbacks with android are that there may be more instances of reboots or apps crashing. Also, there's the Speratic software update cycle. They all don't get it the same time.

With iOS, there's a better quality app selection. You also get a really smooth, though limited, experience. As far as customizing and choice goes. And though iOS 8 added a lot, you still get more flexibility with android. The trade off to this is that theoretically, you get less headaches.

But you again have far less hardware options. Want a 1080p screen but in a 5 inch or less handset? Tough luck, Apple only give you that with the 5.5 inch phone. Want wireless charging? Nope.

That's my main reserve with iOS. You have to like whatever they put out. You can't go to another OEM.

I'd like to be able to use a android phone, iPad, and Mac. But this don't sync as well. I won't get continuity or anything. It's a tough choice man.
    For me, it's not a tough choice. I can live within the parameters of Apple's ecosystem. The continuity of it all (no pun intended) far outweighs the perceived limitations. The fact that my devices will get the newest OS for at least 3 more years is a major plus over the sporadic upgrade process for any of the android devices that even get the updates.

Everything works together nicely. And I can live with that.
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-01-2014 10:47 PM
    I bought my first iPhone almost a year ago. So far, I have no complaintszero. That's very unusual for me, but it confirms that I made the right choice (which was based on Apple's reputation and the many sources of information that I consulted before buying my first smartphone).

I run Windows on the desktop, in part because it's part of my job, and in part for other reasons, such as the wealth of applications available, the relatively high degree of control it gives you over the system (without going off the deep end with something like Linux), and so on. The walled garden of Apple is not for me on the desktop. But when it comes to mobile devices, the walled garden is an advantage, not a disadvantage. I like to tweak desktop machines (or sometimes I have to), but I want a phone that just works when I turn it on. I want reliability, security, quality construction, and absolutely no hassles. And that's what iPhone has given me so far. I don't really care about new models and I dislike major changes, but when this phone wears out, if current trends continue, I'll replace it with an iPhone, and so on for the foreseeable future.

Android phones are for geeks, also known by the euphemism "power users." Geeks spend a great deal of time tweaking and tinkering their computers, but very little time using them for "production" applications. They can afford to spend three hours configuring wi-fi because they never do anything else with the phone, anyway. They therefore love phones that let them change things (and if they buy an iPhone, the first thing they want to do is jailbreak it). But the rest of the world just wants something that does the job, and that's where iPhone shines. The iPhone will not let me replace the kernel paging algorithm for virtual database pages with a module that I spent a year writing myself but I don't care, because I'm too busy using the phone to waste time changing it. It's not a religion, it's just a tool, but it sure is a nice tool.
    I have an android phone. I spend 0 time "tweaking" it. This is a fanboy myth.

I love how your love fest piece about iPhone was followed by a bunch of people complaining about iPhone.

I'm here laughing my *** off.
    11-01-2014 11:00 PM

More myths.

Apps on Android don't crash any more than apps on iOS. I've experienced a lot less than iOS. Facebook used to crash constantly on my iPhone. Not on Android.

Updates. Updates are automatic by Google. If you're talking about OS updates, sometimes you get upgraded and sometimes you don't, but it doesn't matter. Only iOS has app requirements. You will 've able to run all the latest version of all your apps regardless.
    11-01-2014 11:05 PM
    For me, it's not a tough choice. I can live within the parameters of Apple's ecosystem. The continuity of it all (no pun intended) far outweighs the perceived limitations. The fact that my devices will get the newest OS for at least 3 more years is a major plus over the sporadic upgrade process for any of the android devices that even get the updates.

Everything works together nicely. And I can live with that.
    Yeah, the ecosystem is pretty great. I think I'm worrying over not much. I will say though, I'd still like to use my roku 3 over my apple tv I think. Honestly just seems like the better device. I know I can AirPlay stuff, but I'd like a actual app. Plus the roku 3 has so many beat channels. So I'd still like to use it even if I'm using a iPhone again.
    11-02-2014 12:46 AM
    Yeah, the ecosystem is pretty great. I think I'm worrying over not much. I will say though, I'd still like to use my roku 3 over my apple tv I think. Honestly just seems like the better device. I know I can AirPlay stuff, but I'd like a actual app. Plus the roku 3 has so many beat channels. So I'd still like to use it even if I'm using a iPhone again.
    Figure out what works for you and then use it. No worries.
    11-02-2014 12:50 AM
    Figure out what works for you and then use it. No worries.
    My only worry is ecosystems. Mixing and matching is getting harder to do.
    11-02-2014 01:04 AM
    My only worry is ecosystems. Mixing and matching is getting harder to do.
    Definitely. I begrudgingly came to the iPhone because I prefer the iPad as a tablet and it was tough to find apps I like that are on both platforms with syncing capabilities. It's better than it was 2 years ago when I switched, but now that I've switched it's hard to go back, especially with the continuity features of iOS 8.
    11-02-2014 01:12 AM
    When you purchase an apple device you don't just purchase the device, you also purchase a chunk of the ecosystem. I've been on Android for 5 years and seriously contemplating the iPhone 6 plus when they become available again. My wife bought me a MacBook a couple months ago which I love (first mac ever) , she uses iPhone 5, my 13 yr old uses iPhone 4s, my 11 yr old uses my wife's old iPhone 4, and we got our 9 yr old an ipad mini a couple weeks ago for his birthday. The wife wants the Apple TV for Christmas so the kids can stream their stuff to it so for me it seems the right choice to make. I'm not a power user when it comes to phones so to have all the options Android gives you doesn't appeal to me any longer. Plus I like the idea of having my music, pictures, and whatever else in the same circle.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    11-04-2014 07:41 AM
    I used to hate the iPhone about 3 years ago. Because everyone got it because 'it was the best' it did my head in!!! Then I got one... WOW was I in love. It clicked. Everyone was raving about it, because it's perfect for me. And for them too. It does what I need it to do with no 'faffing'. I got a HTC M8 last month for a change. Everyone told me it was great. Heard no complaints. Not biased against android. I truly didn't understand the logic behind the OS structure. I tried so hard to like it. I took it back just before my 14 days, changed for an iPhone. I can't tell you how happy I was to have it back! Everyone wants and needs something different I spose!
    mumfoau likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:01 PM
    Definitely. I begrudgingly came to the iPhone because I prefer the iPad as a tablet and it was tough to find apps I like that are on both platforms with syncing capabilities. It's better than it was 2 years ago when I switched, but now that I've switched it's hard to go back, especially with the continuity features of iOS 8.
    I consider myself a power user though and thought that android would be perfect. But there's some weird little hitches that are bugging me. Plus, the iOS enhancements to games with Metal in iOS 8 and extensions, all with a good camera seem like a perfect combo for me. Still, my 5S screen size really bothers me.
    11-05-2014 03:26 AM
367 ... 910111213 ...