With all the rumors and photos circulating about a bigger iPhone, anyone think Apple will continue to produce a 4" or smaller than 4.7" model?

I actually like the size of the 4s and 5 because they are pocketable.
    billyboydoy likes this.
    04-15-2014 04:11 PM
    Who knows what Apple will do. I prefer the screen size of the 5S.
    taz323, kataran, serglb and 1 others like this.
    04-15-2014 04:12 PM
    Hard to say, but hope not.
    Harry Wild likes this.
    04-15-2014 04:29 PM
    Good question, but difficult to answer at this time. I mean, other than tech heads / tech journalists, do we really have an estimate of how many people actually prefer and are actually asking Apple to create an iPhone with a display larger than the current one?
    04-15-2014 04:58 PM
    I think what they did with the iPad rMini & iPad Air kind of tells the future... At least in my view.

I was shocked when they released the iPad rMini on par with the iPad Air...spec wise.

Granted, iPad Air screen is much better and it has higher clock speeds. But still the deciding factor between the two was size.

And I think Apple will try to apply the same method with the iPhone, give the users two sizes to choose from.
    kataran, Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
    04-15-2014 05:09 PM
    The 5s is perfect in size and weight I don't see a need or want to change it
    pr1nce, taz323, MrMars and 2 others like this.
    04-15-2014 05:46 PM
    The 5s is perfect in size and weight I don't see a need or want to change it
    Most rumors are pointing to they will. Will you be okay with it if they decide to jump bigger and not offer the smaller sizes?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.
    04-15-2014 06:01 PM
    It's fine with me if they "offer" more than one size at the same point in time, with comparable specs. I prefer not to have a 4.7 or higher device. I do not own the 5/5s but the ones I had a chance to handle felt great. I am looking on eBay for a 5 with iOS 6 as we speak, just preparing.
    Speedygi likes this.
    04-15-2014 09:58 PM
    Good question, but difficult to answer at this time. I mean, other than tech heads / tech journalists, do we really have an estimate of how many people actually prefer and are actually asking Apple to create an iPhone with a display larger than the current one?
    Obviously people have been telling Apple channels that they want a larger device. Word makes it's way fast as far as the customers are concerned...
    04-16-2014 05:15 AM
    I'm pretty certain the 4S screen size will be discarded completely later this year, and that's fine by me. However, I do wish they would stick with the iP5 size as option 1 and then offered something bigger as option 2. I'm not too bothered about the size of the second model, can be 4.7", can be bloody 5.5", because I personally don't want a bigger handset. Might be because I've got dwarf hands, or maybe because I don't want Apple to succumb to the 'bigger screen' craze.
    kataran and larsonage like this.
    04-16-2014 10:22 PM
    I like to think that they are just purposely leaking these pictures as a way to trick people into thinking that this is what it'll look like. I hope that they stick to the 5S screen size, only make the design look similar to the iPod Nano 2nd and 7th generations.
    04-17-2014 09:48 AM
    With all the rumors and photos circulating about a bigger iPhone, anyone think Apple will continue to produce a 4" or smaller than 4.7" model?

I actually like the size of the 4s and 5 because they are pocketable.
    I think they will keep the 5s as the "cheaper" model like they normally do. I think that way they will once again have 2 sizes of screens, since the 4s will no longer be sold.
    04-17-2014 04:01 PM
    I think that the screen size should be 4.1 or 4.2. The 4 inch screen is good, but I just want it to be a bit bigger.
    04-17-2014 04:17 PM
    4.2 would be nice. Hope it's not much larger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    xMatter likes this.
    04-21-2014 04:47 PM
    Most rumors are pointing to they will. Will you be okay with it if they decide to jump bigger and not offer the smaller sizes?

Seeing as you quoted me and asked if I'll be OK. Well only time will tell as far as I'm concerned it's a Win Win situation if I like it I will buy one if not I still got my 5s that will keep a smile on my face
    04-21-2014 11:07 PM
    I'm starting to think Android ruined phone sizes for those that do not like the 4" zone. Apple was kinda forced to produce a device with a bigger screen because of trends are going, but that would totally blow if the default iOS size comes in at 4.7.

But then again, WP has increased their sizes as well. Pretty soon we will all be walking around with book sized phones attached to our heads.
    04-30-2014 09:35 AM
    If the 4" iPhone isn't dead, why are we not seeing any rumors/leaks for a comparable model?

All the leaks are relating to the 4.7". Apple my keep the 4" size around for 3 years like they have done in the past, but I have a good feeling that sub 4.7" iPhones will be gone.
    05-09-2014 07:43 AM
    I haven't become a victim of those awful "skinny jeans" and my Note3 fits in all of my pockets....not sure why I keep hearing about phones fitting in pockets when most of us carry them in our hand anyway. I would welcome a larger iphone, not just taller but wider as well. Don't get me wrong I luv my 5s, I just wish it was a little larger 4.7+
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    05-09-2014 09:23 AM
    Seeing as you quoted me and asked if I'll be OK. Well only time will tell as far as I'm concerned it's a Win Win situation if I like it I will buy one if not I still got my 5s that will keep a smile on my face
    Well Ofc I was asking you.. Hence the quote .

kataran likes this.
    05-09-2014 10:51 AM
    I haven't become a victim of those awful "skinny jeans" and my Note3 fits in all of my pockets....not sure why I keep hearing about phones fitting in pockets when most of us carry them in our hand anyway. I would welcome a larger iphone, not just taller but wider as well. Don't get me wrong I luv my 5s, I just wish it was a little larger 4.7+
    The benefit of the larger screen far outweigh the deficits. I don't understand the "pocket arguments" either. I wear fitted jeans and just plop it in my back pocket and sit it on the table or my lap when I'm sitting. It's not an issue.

When I'm using the phone the user experience is superior and that matters more than what pockets it fits it (to me)...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    05-12-2014 07:27 AM
    I think they will continue the 5c/5s along with the larger sizes. But no "new" 4" screen phone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5
    05-12-2014 08:31 AM
    I think Apple will continue as well, but will they make improvements to the 4" screen or just keep same specs until it fizzles away.
    05-12-2014 08:41 AM
    I think apple will drop the 3.5 inch phones and keep the 4 inch as the small cheaper one.
    05-18-2014 09:09 AM
    I think they will continue the 5c/5s along with the larger sizes. But no "new" 4" screen phone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I second this exactly, I won't lose any sleep over not having any four inch phone ever surfacing from Apple's production lines. I think it's time to move on.
    05-18-2014 10:23 AM
    I second this exactly, I won't lose any sleep over not having any four inch phone ever surfacing from Apple's production lines. I think it's time to move on.
    There was a time when a 4 inch display was considered huge and I don't understand what has changed the mobile web was designed for a small screen and I still see people with big droid phones accessing mobile why not just load the full website

My opinion is if this keeps up it's just a matter of time when we start carrying a bag phone or why not just put an antenna in the mini and call it a day
    Tartarus, Speedygi and xMatter like this.
    05-18-2014 01:02 PM
50 12