4" Screen Gone Altogether?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think they will continue the 5c/5s along with the larger sizes. But no "new" 4" screen phone.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

I second this exactly, I won't lose any sleep over not having any four inch phone ever surfacing from Apple's production lines. I think it's time to move on.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I second this exactly, I won't lose any sleep over not having any four inch phone ever surfacing from Apple's production lines. I think it's time to move on.

There was a time when a 4 inch display was considered huge and I don't understand what has changed the mobile web was designed for a small screen and I still see people with big droid phones accessing mobile why not just load the full website

My opinion is if this keeps up it's just a matter of time when we start carrying a bag phone or why not just put an antenna in the mini and call it a day

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think 4"-4.5" is perfect. Apple is definitely going bigger... I don't know where I'm going on that. I may just get a bigger 5c and wait it out.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Android phones kind of destroyed peoples view on phones.. People think bigger is better but I disagree. When I'm on the street and get a phone call, the 4" is ideal to handle, while people with bigger screens have to use 2 hands to answer their call.

iPhone users can multitask with their phones in their hand, like eating and handling their phone, where Android users have to put their sandwich or spoon away to handle their device.

I think 4" must still be produced in the future with the same specs as the bigger brother

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Android phones kind of destroyed peoples view on phones.. People think bigger is better but I disagree. When I'm on the street and get a phone call, the 4" is ideal to handle, while people with bigger screens have to use 2 hands to answer their call.

iPhone users can multitask with their phones in their hand, like eating and handling their phone, where Android users have to put their sandwich or spoon away to handle their device.

I think 4" must still be produced in the future with the same specs as the bigger brother

But you have to take in account that not all hand sizes are the same, some have sausage fingers and can handle bigger phones better, but I might think 4.5 inch would be the perfect size for a phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The 4" screen on my 5 is fine in length. I'd just like it a bit wider. But just the screen. Not the entire phone. Or some such. 4.7" will be nice though.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a 4s and recently bought the 5 on eBay. I am 6 feet tall and pretty large hands, but feel the 4s is the best size for one hand operation. When I was using the 5, I had to stretch to reach anything in the upper left corner and also to drop the NC. On the 4s, nothing is an issue. SJ was right about 3.5 being the perfect size for one handed operation, IMO.

Side note, I can get a free 5s right now if I trade in my 4s. Since no rumors are coming out about an upgraded 4" iPhone, think I should upgrade to the 5s while the promotion is available?

Or do you think an upgraded 4" iPhone will be produced this cycle year?

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4s and recently bought the 5 on eBay. I am 6 feet tall and pretty large hands, but feel the 4s is the best size for one hand operation. When I was using the 5, I had to stretch to reach anything in the upper left corner and also to drop the NC. On the 4s, nothing is an issue. SJ was right about 3.5 being the perfect size for one handed operation, IMO.

Side note, I can get a free 5s right now if I trade in my 4s. Since no rumors are coming out about an upgraded 4" iPhone, think I should upgrade to the 5s while the promotion is available?

Or do you think an upgraded 4" iPhone will be produced this cycle year?

I would get the 5S. Even though I hate it, I think we have seen the last of the flagship phones with screens that are 4" or smaller. Unless you go Blackberry. And that's not a very safe bet at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I would get the 5S. Even though I hate it, I think we have seen the last of the flagship phones with screens that are 4" or smaller. Unless you go Blackberry. And that's not a very safe bet at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even BlackBerry is going bigger. The newer Z30 and Z3 are both 5" screens. They are following the trend too.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my business 4s with the upgrade program so I got a free 5s. I will hold out on my personal 4s to see if apple updates the 4" model come September.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If I were Apple I try to get rid of the small 4" size model as fast as possible. The marketplace has no need for such a super small phone anymore when people are using 5" or bigger phones.

I think Apple is the last high end phone maker to upside. It due to Steve Jobs influence I sure. The current smartphone will get even larger in the upcoming years. But I be happy with my iPhone 6 5.5" model!

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think what they did with the iPad rMini & iPad Air kind of tells the future... At least in my view.

I was shocked when they released the iPad rMini on par with the iPad Air...spec wise.

Granted, iPad Air screen is much better and it has higher clock speeds. But still the deciding factor between the two was size.

And I think Apple will try to apply the same method with the iPhone, give the users two sizes to choose from.

The iPad Mini Retina has the better screen at 326 pixels while the Air has only 264 pixels per inch! The iPad Mini Retina has better contrast ratio too! The Air has more color palette saturation. But that is about it for the Air! It a much more substandard iPad then the Mini Retina

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I traded in my business 4s with the upgrade program so I got a free 5s. I will hold out on my personal 4s to see if apple updates the 4" model come September.

One way or another we will get a software update or three for the 5s I can live with that

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I just did the same thing with my personal 4s. The 5s is an awesome device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2