4" Screen Gone Altogether?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
With all the rumors and photos circulating about a bigger iPhone, anyone think Apple will continue to produce a 4" or smaller than 4.7" model?

I actually like the size of the 4s and 5 because they are pocketable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good question, but difficult to answer at this time. I mean, other than tech heads / tech journalists, do we really have an estimate of how many people actually prefer and are actually asking Apple to create an iPhone with a display larger than the current one?

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I think what they did with the iPad rMini & iPad Air kind of tells the future... At least in my view.

I was shocked when they released the iPad rMini on par with the iPad Air...spec wise.

Granted, iPad Air screen is much better and it has higher clock speeds. But still the deciding factor between the two was size.

And I think Apple will try to apply the same method with the iPhone, give the users two sizes to choose from.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The 5s is perfect in size and weight I don't see a need or want to change it

Most rumors are pointing to they will. Will you be okay with it if they decide to jump bigger and not offer the smaller sizes?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It's fine with me if they "offer" more than one size at the same point in time, with comparable specs. I prefer not to have a 4.7 or higher device. I do not own the 5/5s but the ones I had a chance to handle felt great. I am looking on eBay for a 5 with iOS 6 as we speak, just preparing.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good question, but difficult to answer at this time. I mean, other than tech heads / tech journalists, do we really have an estimate of how many people actually prefer and are actually asking Apple to create an iPhone with a display larger than the current one?

Obviously people have been telling Apple channels that they want a larger device. Word makes it's way fast as far as the customers are concerned...

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty certain the 4S screen size will be discarded completely later this year, and that's fine by me. However, I do wish they would stick with the iP5 size as option 1 and then offered something bigger as option 2. I'm not too bothered about the size of the second model, can be 4.7", can be bloody 5.5", because I personally don't want a bigger handset. Might be because I've got dwarf hands, or maybe because I don't want Apple to succumb to the 'bigger screen' craze.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I like to think that they are just purposely leaking these pictures as a way to trick people into thinking that this is what it'll look like. I hope that they stick to the 5S screen size, only make the design look similar to the iPod Nano 2nd and 7th generations.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
With all the rumors and photos circulating about a bigger iPhone, anyone think Apple will continue to produce a 4" or smaller than 4.7" model?

I actually like the size of the 4s and 5 because they are pocketable.

I think they will keep the 5s as the "cheaper" model like they normally do. I think that way they will once again have 2 sizes of screens, since the 4s will no longer be sold.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Most rumors are pointing to they will. Will you be okay with it if they decide to jump bigger and not offer the smaller sizes?

Seeing as you quoted me and asked if I'll be OK. Well only time will tell as far as I'm concerned it's a Win Win situation if I like it I will buy one if not I still got my 5s that will keep a smile on my face

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think Android ruined phone sizes for those that do not like the 4" zone. Apple was kinda forced to produce a device with a bigger screen because of trends are going, but that would totally blow if the default iOS size comes in at 4.7.

But then again, WP has increased their sizes as well. Pretty soon we will all be walking around with book sized phones attached to our heads.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If the 4" iPhone isn't dead, why are we not seeing any rumors/leaks for a comparable model?

All the leaks are relating to the 4.7". Apple my keep the 4" size around for 3 years like they have done in the past, but I have a good feeling that sub 4.7" iPhones will be gone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't become a victim of those awful "skinny jeans" and my Note3 fits in all of my pockets....not sure why I keep hearing about phones fitting in pockets when most of us carry them in our hand anyway. I would welcome a larger iphone, not just taller but wider as well. Don't get me wrong I luv my 5s, I just wish it was a little larger 4.7+

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Seeing as you quoted me and asked if I'll be OK. Well only time will tell as far as I'm concerned it's a Win Win situation if I like it I will buy one if not I still got my 5s that will keep a smile on my face

Well Ofc I was asking you.. Hence the quote ;).

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't become a victim of those awful "skinny jeans" and my Note3 fits in all of my pockets....not sure why I keep hearing about phones fitting in pockets when most of us carry them in our hand anyway. I would welcome a larger iphone, not just taller but wider as well. Don't get me wrong I luv my 5s, I just wish it was a little larger 4.7+

The benefit of the larger screen far outweigh the deficits. I don't understand the "pocket arguments" either. I wear fitted jeans and just plop it in my back pocket and sit it on the table or my lap when I'm sitting. It's not an issue.

When I'm using the phone the user experience is superior and that matters more than what pockets it fits it (to me)...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen