How many members actually passcode lock their iPhones?

Do you passcode lock your iPhone

• Yes

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All my phones are password locked

But, and this is where the ingenuity comes in, they are never password locked at home due to a jailbreak tweak for my iPhone and a different app for my Android phones that will disable the password lock every time I am within a radius of a wifi signal I have decided to trust, in my case, it is my home wifi. Whenever I am out of the house, the screen lock auto-enables and when i'm home, the screen lock auto-disables.

The app for my iPad and iPhone is called CleverPin and it is available on Cydia and is the main reason I jailbreak in the first place.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I never had any of my previous iPhones pass code locked because I've never lost an iPhone or had people looking through my phone. The only reason I lock it now is cuz I have to for Touch ID but I don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
can't be arsed, phone is not left lying
about, nobody I know wants to play with other peoples phones , got their
own ! according to a recent uk tv
programme this type of security is
pretty much useless as a theft deterrent so why ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Me. Had one stolen before there was any sort of real protection besides that and I won't leave it accessible in any way. My husband and I know each other's codes so that if were in an emergency we can get in, and I made him register a finger despite his protest. After my moms ambulance ride and seeing a friend lose her husband very young last year, I'm very concerned that we both have access and info available in the event of something like that.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Never used the passcode until 7.x.x, where the setup rather encouraged it. "Meh", I thought. "Why not?"

To limit the frustration, I have extended the awake time on the screen somewhat. But hey, am I really worried about the 2 seconds 'lost' of my life by reentering the code? And it cuts back on the likelihood of pocket dialing.
I guess there's the whole 'security' issue, too, but any would-be thief would be pretty disappointed at what he found on my device - before I shut it down via 'Find My iPhone'.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If you use ANY sort of financial app on this thing, or have your email on it, that's just asking for hell in your life if you don't.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you use ANY sort of financial app on this thing, or have your email on it, that's just asking for hell in your life if you don't.

Yeah, you should definitely have a lock on your phone if you have email, finances, or personal data on your device

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine is password protected as part of out IT policy, but even if it wasn't on the corporate exchange I'd still have a password on it.

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Always, not only cell phones but anything that takes a password I lock it down.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums Mobile App!

idrazz856

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Hell yeah! Everything locked down iPhones, iPad, MacBooks! And I change my pw every 2 months. You can never be too careful😊

Sent by my fabulous silver 5s...

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if I am in the minority here? I passcode lock my phone, but I have it set to where I only have to enter it after an hour of inactivity. I figure that during the day I am constantly checking my phone so I don't have to constantly enter a passcode. In the event that I lose my phone or it gets stolen it would lock itself after an hour. Any sensitive info on my phone such as passwords or financial information is locked down.

anon8430100

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I set it for prompt right away. It's only a few second delay to make sure someone doesn't run away with my $900 phone

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I always have a pass code on my iPhone and it is locked immediately when the screen is closed.. And I use my pass code just incase I lose my phone so my information is not accessible

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I always lock my phone. Don't want any unwanted hands to take away my iphone and look at all my private information.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Password protected, auto lock one minute...require password immediate. Touch ID made it easier...much easier.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR